Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » In-keeping with the video-game trend...would you prefer to have been born in 2000? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In-keeping with the video-game trend...would you prefer to have been born in 2000?
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think kids of today get the same satisfaction with games as we did...I mean to START OFF with XBOX 360s and HDTVs just doesn't give you the sense of progression and development of video-game consoles.

I love that I grew up with the Sega Megadrive and Playstation. Makes me appreciate it more and you get a sense of nostalgia.

Comments? Opinions?

(I'm a 90s kid, so I didn't play on asteroids and stuff on those huge coin-operated-type machines in the 80's)

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get a kick out of how I hear kids/teens pissing and moaning about "lag" or shitty graphics on the 360 or PS3 for that matter. They have NO idea about shitty graphics!

90's kid here as well [Smile]

Still miss the N64 days...man, if I had a nickel for all the hours I put into the Zelda/Donkey Kong/Mario Kart....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born in 2000 for video games so I wouldn't have had to play in arcades or home systems back in the 70s and 80s with blocky primitive graphics and sounds? Since my life has never revolved around being a sloth for hours in front of a video game console I would say no.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flip flop fan
Major Player
Member # 9565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip flop fan   Email Flip flop fan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any one else seem to remember that games were way harder back in the day? Heh harder...

Seriously though, Patrick mentioned how hard Battle Toads is on the NES in another thread. There hasn't been a game in years that has made me pick up my console and throw it across the room. Maybe it's because consoles today couldn't take that kind of abuse... Also that I found drumming and dealt with my anger in a more positive manner.

They don't build em like they used to that's for sure.

--------------------
Never be bought, never be sold...

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up with Atari 2600, so everything after that looks way better...even NES or Master System [Wink]

PS2 totally blows me away....I don`t own any console after that...I think my brain couldn`t handle the amazing graphics of a PS3 or Xbox 360 [Laugh]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamond johny
All Pro Poster
Member # 27586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamond johny   Email diamond johny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah the good old days at the arcade in the mall! Tempest, DigDug, Centipede… the greats. I bought the Midway's Greatest for PS2 & boy does it take me back to 84'.

--------------------
=MORE VOLUME PLEASE=

Posts: 759 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, if we had cut our teeth playing video games in this era, we'd be nowhere near as good (and some of us...*cough*myself*cough* aren't that good to begin with) without that Nintendo Hard experience us older guys have. Not only that, but it really wasn't that long ago when graphics looked like nothing more than colored squares and consisted of simplistic gameplay goals, as opposed to today's epic, near photo-realistic experiences. Watching video games evolve all those years has been absolutely fascinating, and I just don't think we'll be able to see that much observable progression from this point on.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flip flop fan:
There hasn't been a game in years that has made me pick up my console and throw it across the room. Maybe it's because consoles today couldn't take that kind of abuse... Also that I found drumming and dealt with my anger in a more positive manner.

I still get lose to that...broke more than a few PS2/Xbox controllers and my current Xbox 360's "RB" (right button) is somewhat...fucked

Damn COD5 on veteran...

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is the kind of thing that you can only see in hindsight. Yes, the type of console/graphics/whatever is light years ahead of what was around only 10 years ago, but that can be said for any technology. In another 10 years, who knows what kind of advances will have been made; 3D television offers a whole new frontier of gaming for example. Video games, like any other type of technology, has a virtually limitless capacity for expansion and improvement. To say the next generation of gamers will not be 'as good' or 'as appreciative' is probably what 70's kids said when pinball machines were replaced with pacman.

My two cents [Tongue]

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in 1979, so the first console I remember playing is the Atari 2600. When I talked my dad into getting the NES and then later the Sega Genesis, I thought I was at the peak of game consoles. That being said, in 20 years these game systems will look old too - mark my word. Hell, look at how bad an old cellphone looks just a few years later. Granted these consoles are non-upgradable computers now, there will still be room for improvement. Nintendo was on that road years ago with the Power Pad, Power Glove, UForce and R.O.B. It just hasn't been until recently has the technology been good enough to handle those visions. We still have room to grow.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's really interesting is that technology moves faster as time goes on. It's not just a little faster, it's exponential.

I started with the NES, and I stopped with the PS2 like Hal. I'm interested in getting a PS3, of course...I just don't have the funds necessarily to do it.

I loved the N64 as well. It had the reputation of not having a LOT of great games. Yet, the great games it did have were clear improvements over the ones for the previous generation of Nintendo games.

I agree with Patrick that there's room to grow. Not sure what direction it'll go in, but I bet it'll be exciting.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libertine
Loyal Member
Member # 35475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Libertine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure.

I find that as video games get more realistic, they become less fun. Asides from the Wii, a lot of games seem to be about looking at the graphics and the physics that are more realistic than ever. Resident Evil 5 was much less fun that RE4.

I've not got a new generation console, I never play my PS2, and there's not much that would make me want one especially.

Maybe a new Hitman game...

Posts: 64 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sofatater
All Pro Poster
Member # 4209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sofatater   Email sofatater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were born in 2000, I'd have missed out on this one...
 -

Adjust the rabbit ears until the picture is clear before watching Saturday morning cartoons.

Then the original video game "Pong" and then "Frogger"
 -

http://www.happyhopper.org/ Play "Frogger" on your PC.

Boy, we've come a long way from playing with sticks and rocks in my early childhood. [Joint]

--------------------
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!  -

Posts: 762 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny tidbit. My friend bought an N64 the other day with a bunch of old games. One of them was Wrestlemania 2000. We used to play the shit out of that game when it was new. Well, when I played it the other day, we were like, "Wow. Remember when we thought this looked so real." LOL

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the best wrestling game I ever played, Patrick. The graphics, controls, and gameplay were all top-notch.

And the wrestler creation system was a lot of fun.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links