Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » I don't get people saying "This is my favourite song" when referring to modern music (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I don't get people saying "This is my favourite song" when referring to modern music
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well if all that's the case, then don't even look at a topic you don't want to talk about would be the strongest argument. The point of this is strong discussion which it has sparked.
ummm.. yeah [Laugh] oh wait:

quote:
Freedom of speech is sound and I like to push boundaries.
and
quote:
If someone doesn't like my opinions, then don't read them, ignore them or counter them. The latter is preferred, so as to spark something interesting and possibly worthwhile (look at what we're doing now).
you asked for it and i was more than happy to give it.. but now suddenly you dont want me to express my opinion. i see no reason why i cant express my opinion that your request that others defend their musical tastes but then make derogatory statements about their tastes is crap way of starting a discussion.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He says 5 pages later...?

I want people who want to talk about it, not people who say they shouldn't have to.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats my exact point Andy!!! why would anyone want to talk about when your attitude is: "you're wrong. modern music has no substance." you dont really offer any wiggle room. it's more of a statement and not an invitation to trade viewpoints and perspective.

quote:
my favourites will remain my favourites until I die.
a statement like that illustrates to me that you arent open to differing opinions. BTW, that is rather shortsighted. unless you die tomorrow, you have no idea what you will like when you are (hopefully) 70, 80, 90 YO. andy, you're what? in your early 20's? i guarantee you will not feel that way at 40. unfortunately, i speak from experience [Laugh] hell in the 5 years i was attending university my musical tastes broadened from rush, the doors, led zeppelin, the who, judas priest, metallica, jethro tull, and the like to bands like cocteau twins, ministry, the smiths, sarah mclachlan, poe, garbage, fishbone, big audio dynamite, radiohead and more. trust me.. you will grow as a person and your musical preferences will probably grow as well [Smile]

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, you can look it as an invitation, nusuth.

An invitation to bash him in the skull. [Smile]

OK, so maybe that's not what Andy intended (or is it? You tell me, Andy)...but it's something.

EDIT: Yes, I'm kidding about bashing him in the skull. [Laugh]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
thats my exact point Andy!!! why would anyone want to talk about when your attitude is: "you're wrong. modern music has no substance." you dont really offer any wiggle room. it's more of a statement and not an invitation to trade viewpoints and perspective.

quote:
my favourites will remain my favourites until I die.
a statement like that illustrates to me that you arent open to differing opinions. BTW, that is rather shortsighted. unless you die tomorrow, you have no idea what you will like when you are (hopefully) 70, 80, 90 YO. andy, you're what? in your early 20's? i guarantee you will not feel that way at 40. unfortunately, i speak from experience [Laugh] hell in the 5 years i was attending university my musical tastes broadened from rush, the doors, led zeppelin, the who, judas priest, metallica, jethro tull, and the like to bands like cocteau twins, ministry, the smiths, sarah mclachlan, poe, garbage, fishbone, big audio dynamite, radiohead and more. trust me.. you will grow as a person and your musical preferences will probably grow as well [Smile]
I did say that was a bold statement. I understand it may not be true, but with my way of viewing music, there really is no forseeable way it could change.

You responding is actually proving the complete opposite to your response.

"Why would anyone want to talk about it..."

You *areeeeee* talking about it man! It's counter-intuitive, but that very statement is a paradox. There's no way I could know this unless you said it (hence counter-intuitive), but you saying it is the very thing that makes it untrue (a paradox).

THIS IS A DISCUSSION AND GOSH DARNIT A GOOD ONE.

Bitch.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
Actually, you can look it as an invitation, nusuth.

An invitation to bash him in the skull. [Smile]

OK, so maybe that's not what Andy intended (or is it? You tell me, Andy)...but it's something.

EDIT: Yes, I'm kidding about bashing him in the skull. [Laugh]

Errr what might not be my intention? People to counter my points? Was totally my intention actually. [Tongue]

Unless you mean being derogatory to a group of people, in which case, was not my intent and I don't believe was the result either. I don't think nusth *does* feel that way, he's just fighting the case for them. Seeing as none have claimed to have been put down by me, I'm assuming they don't exist...it'd take one touchy bastard to be genuinely offended by this.

[ January 19, 2011, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
@ Andy: Aren`t you from the UK? If you`re starting to get into punk then you´re in the right place, mate. Some of the world`s best punk bands come from Britain [Wink]

lol missed this one, Hal. Thanks for that, I shall check 'em out.

And "Some of the world's best punk bands..."

I would HOPE the majority would say some of the world's best bands full-stop.

At least a lot of the timeless stuff is - the "flavour-of-the-month" stuff - on the most part seems to be American. But that one is not based on anything other than what I see of it, I suppose.

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting bashed in the skull.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Getting bashed in the skull.

Ahh.

Well it's my other fetish [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:

At least a lot of the timeless stuff is - the "flavour-of-the-month" stuff - on the most part seems to be American. But that one is not based on anything other than what I see of it, I suppose.

Some, yes.

I think we get your point vis-a-vis US vs. England.

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:

Some, yes.

I think we get your point vis-a-vis US vs. England.

Lol I hate broken, racist, jobless England. Can't get around the fact a large proportion of what is considered the most talented/well-written/iconic/whatever else music is British. I am in no way patriotic - that's almost an offensive label to put on me...

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Fair enough.

Lest we forget, Gavin Rossdale. [Laugh]

I'm sure there are more...he's just the first one that comes to mind.

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

quote:
Fair enough.

Lest we forget, Gavin Rossdale. [Laugh]

I'm sure there are more...he's just the first one that comes to mind.

I *think* I'm glad I don't know who he is... [Tongue]

--------------------
 -

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Rossdale

I don't believe you don't know who he is. Patriot. [Tongue]

Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Wow it's been a while since I had a chance to properly look at Wu's.

I still have no clue, Combine...oh wellz.

and lol nusth...you devious man [Tongue]
(referring to me saying you wouldn't respond if it wasn't interesting and you no longer responding).

--------------------
 -

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links