Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Misheard lyrics. What you thought they were VS What they are

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Misheard lyrics. What you thought they were VS What they are
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google wasn't around when I was a kid, to get lyrics you'd have to sing along of what you thought they sounded like. Or to get lyrics, I'd have to re-wind and re-play the cassette and write down what you thought they were or the closet to what it sounded like. Sometimes they'd be in the CD or Cassette or Vynil inlay or in a social Teen mag.

....only now to google the lyrics and what you were singing wasn't what you've been singing along to.... Maybe at times Karaoke could set you straight...

So what have you been singing vs to what they are...

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flashdance - What A Feeling...

Actual: .... Take you passion, And make it happen...

Me:.... Take your pants off, and make it happen... [Big Grin]

Funny cos sometimes the radio at work is tuned to 'gold classic hits' and I sing along using "my" lyrics. I don't give a fuck.. [Tongue]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one from my distant youth that baffled me for years.

Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young,
Album: Deja Vu
Song: "Almost Cut My Hair"

Actual: "Separate the wheat from the chaff"

What I heard: "Separate the wheel from the chair"

Still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely everyone knows what song when I say...

"Wrapped up like a douche..."

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommie
The Legend
Member # 18340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommie   Author's Homepage   Email Mommie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"... this could be my fate ..." from Soundgarden's "Fell on Black Days"

becomes...

"... Sit on my face ..." by me EVERY TIME I hear it Ha!!

--------------------
"Though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~ William Shakespeare

-
http://instagram.com/som3thingwick3d/

Posts: 3935 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Run to You - Bryan Adams

Actual: ...."I'm gonna run to you".....

Me: ...."I'm gonna rooty you"....

I thought this song was about fucking/rooting [Big Grin]

--------------------

88Fierofootguy
Loyal Member
Member # 47468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88Fierofootguy   Email 88Fierofootguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me"

Actual: You've got the peaches, I've got the cream!

Me: You got the bitches, I got the keys!

Or Van Halen's "Little Guitars"

Actual: Catch as catch, catch as catch CAN anybody in their right mind could see...

Me: Etcher Sketch, Etcher Sketch

--------------------
=-Eric the Dread

Posts: 91 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that my friends and I puzzled over the words spoken (after passed through filters and other effects) on the first track of the Pink Floyd album "Meddle". The title of the track is "One of These Days".

We finally agreed that the line must be (the only lyrics of the song):

"One of these days, I'm going to dance with the gypsies".

The mystery was solved when Pink Floyd released their movie:

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces".

Honestly, you can hear either line, if you are listening for it (a lesson for those who put stock in E.V.P.).

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BareSoles84
Hall Of Famer
Member # 45910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BareSoles84         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breaking Benjamin "Diary Of Jane"

Actual: Try to find out, what makes you tick. As I lie down, sore and sick.

Me: Try to find out, what makes you tick. As I lie down, sore and shit.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze"

Actual "Excuse me while I kiss the sky"

Me "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Well, this is an old chestnut but, as it hasn't been mentioned here, I'll throw it in. This has been a frequent example of mis-heard lyrics.

Credence Clearwater Revival.

Title and the "hook":
"There's a Bad Moon on the Rise"

Misinterpreted as:
"There's a bathroom on the right"

wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up 20+ years ago and all we listened to was Rap. But theres 1 lyric I still cant find although Ive googled It and utubed It.

2Pac-Soljas Story. In the middle of the song they say something like, (Put grimey and grimey and love for me um pow pow and send a jocka of the bud for me). No idea.
And NWA's Epress Yourself. I always thought they were saying, Spread the Sound.

Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wvcple2003   Email wvcple2003   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootLongSub Zero:
Google wasn't around when I was a kid, to get lyrics you'd have to sing along of what you thought they sounded like. Or to get lyrics, I'd have to re-wind and re-play the cassette and write down what you thought they were or the closet to what it sounded like. Sometimes they'd be in the CD or Cassette or Vynil inlay or in a social Teen mag.

....only now to google the lyrics and what you were singing wasn't what you've been singing along to.... Maybe at times Karaoke could set you straight...

So what have you been singing vs to what they are...

Posts: 1061 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wvcple2003
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5268

Sorry about the above post, I was trying to reply directly but It didn't work too well. Footlong, do you remember a magazine you could buy at like Kroger or other store chains that looked like the Enquirer but was smaller that had the lyrics written down? My sister and her GF's bought it a lot. I thought about It when I reread and saw 88 mentioned Pour Some Sugar On Me.
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Cool [Big Grin] , Nah, I'm not familiar with 'The Enquirer' or if we had them in New Zealand (born & raised [Thumbs Up] ) I could only guess that its a Hollywood Gossip mag, although we did get a lot of Hollywood Gossip mags come through but none come to mind at the mo' but I think there was a Brit one called 'Goss'. I wasn't into those girly mags but I remember girls bringing them to school and reading them at lunch, however, in my mid to late teens I use to read 'Word Up' and 'The Source' more hip-hop style mags which did have some lyrical incepts [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links