Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » National #1 hits, sometimes I think "how the f**k did this s**t become #1"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: National #1 hits, sometimes I think "how the f**k did this s**t become #1"
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes some national #1's in any country (in my case Australia) think how the hell did that song become #1. Especially if they play it so much on the radio and it gets stuck in your head. Grrrr [Mad] [Big Grin] I know it depends maybe on the majority of peoples tastes, plus the added of me getting old, or it being rigged..lol whatever the case may be. One song "Shake it off - Taylor Swift" is the current here at the mo' (today being 01/09/14) [Mad] "humbug" [Big Grin]

Over the time from when you were born til now, what are some of the songs that have become #1 that you've thought were totally sh*t in your opinion?

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mambo #5. What in the actual fuck...those were the days lol
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will always hate MmmmBop by Hanson with a seething passion. The late 90s were absolutely lousy with maudlin, teenybopper, bullshit pop. The worst part about it was that I was the exact age that type of music was marketed to. I get mad thinking about it.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesurvivordragon
Elite Trooper
Member # 37330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesurvivordragon   Author's Homepage   Email solesurvivordragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel Powter - "Bad Day". 'Nuff said.
Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footguy87
Loyal Member
Member # 20261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footguy87   Author's Homepage   Email Footguy87   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tired of hearing Iggy Azalea's "Fancy". You Aussies can have her back, we don't want her.

--------------------
https://www.instagram.com/missmanzanita2020/

Posts: 71 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much every song that hits #1 is pure shit. It doesn't even phase me anymore, bc all these people who become #1 are all sell-outs.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That song Mmm ,mmm,mmm by the Crash Test Dummies may be one of the worst hits in history.... Not sure how many people would remember that in here.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Yeah I remember that one [Nut Kick] ..... having read that, now it's playing in my head [Mad] lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cain:
That song Mmm ,mmm,mmm by the Crash Test Dummies may be one of the worst hits in history.... Not sure how many people would remember that in here.

Oh, yes, I remember it but I could always turn it off - which I did every damn time.

There have been vile #1 hits since before Stephan Foster was a twinkle in his father's eye. To demonstrate this to me, my father managed to find a single (45, if you know what I mean) of "Barney Google (With the Goo-Goo-Googley Eyes)". Dad found the group "Three Dog Night" equally awful due the relentless repetition of the "chorus".

You aren't alone. Hideous hits go back for centuries.

Why this persists today, is another discussion when I am less in my cups.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by that guy Shaggy! That voice is so annoying!

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links