Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Gaming Zone » Rise of the Tomb Raider: XBox Exclusive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rise of the Tomb Raider: XBox Exclusive
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get the fuck out of here! While I've owned every system that's come out for who knows how many years, I don't like the idea of taking a game that has always been multi-platform and placing it on just one. I know money talks, but come on!

I'm not a fanboy one way or the other about which system I play on, but I just preordered my Destiny PS4 console bundle with the mindset that Tomb Raider would also be great to play on it eventually.

I really hope this is only exclusive for a "limited time" type of thing.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I saw somewhere online too that this will be a "free" exclusive to the One...I could be very wrong on that though. Damn, there is times I wish I didn't sell my xbox One and 360! This is one of those times!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you play the reboot? My three favorite games from last year included Tomb Raider, Last of Us, and Zelda: Link Between Worlds.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

To be honest man, I haven't played Tomb Raider since PS1(might have been PS2?). Loved playing it though, it's a thinking game. I just wish that when I did own my consoles I wasn't balls deep in JUST the Xbox, should have branched out to the PS3, would have loved to play Uncharted and The Last of Us.
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Dude, the new Tomb Raider reboot is a MUST PLAY. I'm serious. It did shy away from some of the things that came later with all the puzzles, but they are there - just make more sense now that one at every turn.

Do you have an Xbox 360? Tomb Raider is available for it. As for Last of Us... another MUST PLAY. Uncharted is great too, but when I played Uncharted 3 after Tomb Raider, I found it to be less impressive.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

bluetoelover
unregistered

I sold them just after Xmas. Was dedicating WAY to much time to Call of Duty lol I had a Day One Edition Xbox One and 360, sold em' both. Never seen the wife so happy lol

Down the road I might pick up another console, if I do, I think I might give the PS4 a try.

I loved the Xbox One don't get me wrong, but I'd like to try some of the PS exclusives.

CougarHunter40
Loyal Member
Member # 47088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CougarHunter40   Email CougarHunter40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I liked the last tomb raider, I'm really puzzles about this "exclusive" nonsense. 3rd party exclusives have always seemed like a bad idea to me. I've been a PS guy for along time, just like the controllers and interface a lot more generally. Not really sure another tomb raider game is really going to push the scales for anyone sitting on the fence when deciding which console to get. Weird choice in my opinion.

Also, Ide bet dollars to doughnuts that this will also be coming to PC. And Playstation 4 maybe six months down the road. Gotta remember that the last tomb raider, while great, sold poorly enough , in Square Enix's opinion, that they laid off over half of their North American employees. Seems like a foolish decision to put the next one on crutches immediately by limiting the amount of gamers that could play it anyways.
Of course, one could blame Square's problems more on the release of 15 different Final Fantasy 13 iterations, but that's another problem entirely.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would they define as "successful" in terms of sales? It's not like only 50 people bought an XBoxOne.

Sounds like SquareEnix isn't just screwing up handling Dragon Quest, but their other titles as well.

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

I think another thing that hurt the Tomb Raider reboot was the push back. There was a lot more hype, it seemed when it was first slated to come out. When it finally did, it didn't seem like it was being pushed as hard through advertising. Sad, it really was one of the best games of the last console generation.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Phil Spencer of Microsoft admitted today that the word exclusive was just for the holiday 2015 season when it debuts. It'll be out on the PS4 and such later. Yay!!!!

Patrick

--------------------
 -

bluetoelover
unregistered

Defeats the purpose of even marketing it lol I mean, I can't see Tomb Raider being the deciding factor in going with Xbox over PS4 but to a potential customer on the fence you would think you wouldn't risk "spoiling" the how do you put it? Exclusiveness? You'd almost think say January of 2015 he might release that news, not BEFORE the planned 2 month holiday season...
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Michael,

Funny thing is, I played Uncharted 1 and 2. Sometime later I played the new Tomb Raider while I had Uncharted 3 sitting on my shelf waiting to be played. As soon as I finished Tomb Raider, I went straight to Uncharted for more goodness. I felt like Tomb Raider was a better experience. I do miss the puzzle solving aspects they only slightly stuck in on the reboot, but I never really felt like that was part of the Uncharted series. I'm also partial to playing female characters for some reason. LOL!

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links