Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » clueless website owners (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: clueless website owners
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clyde...That's going too far IMO..however,if it's that big of deal then i suggest certain consumers to visit all the BHE sites because you get PLENTY of sample pics and you know exactly what you're getting before you buy.I have seen a couple of sites that put a few really nice pics up for samples and the rest are lousy..what's good to one man is crappy to another..walk away if you aren't sure what you will get.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18331 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
brilliant idea but it seems we need to be OVERLY nice around here...
Thanks Mike, and you're right...since we're doing a good job of exercising some courtesy around here in being "overly" nice toward others, "brutal honesty" could spark a flame-war pretty damn quick with the wrong people. It's a catch-22 sure enough, and I realized that after I wrote it...

But then, Champpalmer has a reviews section on his site, and that's not part of this forum. Problem solved! [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clyde121:
then put a big sign on the front of your website that says "caution, this sites contains poor qaulity pics and no videos...and our girls arent attractive...oh and we probably wont do an update for 3 more weeks". dont try to fool the consumer.

i see your point, and i think that is great idea to shed the brutal honesty upfront, but how many vendors are gonna just come right out and admit that they're just trying to take your money if in fact that is their intent?

I do think you have the right idea in that upfront honesty is a much better policy and I hope to see more as time goes on.

Champpalmer did come up with a brilliant idea for like a reviews section and that would be great where people can offer honest feedback. I saw something like that at mousepad but it seems to be in test phase and never gets used. It's a shame this forum does not have a review section.

I do see that the one champpalmer mentioned is taking off though, so i think it will become a great place to combat some of the pitfalls you've been talking about with respect to taking the financial plunges and not knowing what to expect prior.

FM Concepts by the way, may not be a typical site, but it is certainly a popular site to this day still.

[ December 18, 2006, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Tyler D. ]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Champpalmer
Major Player
Member # 16374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Champpalmer   Author's Homepage   Email Champpalmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are that someone should be able to give an honest review of a site or store. Either if the review is good or bad, its valuable information that the owner could use to make their establishment better. I think the important thing about doing honest reviews is that the person giving the review should note the good and the bad things about a site. I agree it can quickly get nasty because personal feelings can get involved. If the motives behind the site operation and review are honest and respectful, a review section of a site can be a extremely beneficial for us.

I welcome criticism about my operation because it will help me take my place to the next level. Obviously no one person can see all of the angles and any insight or constructive critism a customer can provide is key to becoming one of the better and healthy foot fetish sites.

Posts: 158 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Feet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil Feet   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey

Some great issues raised here, as like minded individuals and so many webmasters interacting here at Wu's and other forums, would it not be an idea to create a type of foot fetish consortium where webmasters would sign up to an accepted code of practice, agree to abide by a complaints procedure and be bound by the bodies decision?

It would only take a domain registration, say 10+ webmasters to join together and elect a spokesperson, board and agree a code of practice.

Websites that fail to abide by the code of practice will lose the ability to display the logo and be and active member.

Customers could rely on this for a quality guarantee, where webmasters would place a banner along with their posts etc to advertise.

It would have to be non-profit and the webmasters would need to devote some spare time to it.

I would be first inline to kick off such an initiative with the offer to purchase the domain and offer bandwidth / hosting.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Phil

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1427 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With technology being what it is these days, it's so simple to take digital photos, upload them to your computer, and have someone design and host a website. That's why there are so many websites these days in my opinion. I also believe people are under the misconception that running a paysite is "easy money". It's not.

It might be a good suggestion to have a website review, perhaps even here on Wu's Feet Links. Although, with the ever growing number of websites these days, that would very easily be a big job.

Use your judgment. Do you like the free/sample content? Do you like the quality of the material? Is it worth the price they're asking?

I don't expect that everyone in the world will want to join my website, but it matters to me that the ones who do join are satisfied with their purchase.

Do I expect to make a living off of a membership based foot fetish website? Nope, but the membership fees does help cover the costs of hosting the site, paying models, etc. If I only at least break even, my mission is complete because I enjoy what I do.

I heard a rumor that one webmaster's ventures averaged 800+ members a month, but I have no proof to either confirm or deny that statement.

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Phil has a valiant idea and it is a good way to try and make a difference with all the mess and confusion that can be out there.

I'd be willing to join up with that consortium. My participation will be strictly limited to basic membership just because of other work I am tied up with, but I second Phil's notion, especially since he is kind enough to host this for benefit of the foot fetish community (similar to what he did with a free FTP server a while back if I'm correct).

Bondo had a great point about how easy it is for anyone to publish stuff nowadays, thus making websites all over the place. I wonder if the consortium though will be able to get good enough representation to even maintain influence or relevance. That will probably be one of the difficult things to deal with.

In a worst case scenario I can see it comparable to like a really small version of the UN with like thousands of rogue nations out there who operate with no regard for foot site standards.

Not sure if saturation has really made it better or worse for the end user. That is hard to say at this stage IMO. However, big media saturations like YouTube have certainly changed peoples standards (and options) for the better I think.

It's hard to say if the saturation in our own little world of foot fetish is affected for better or worse in terms of options vs confusion. Phil's idea definitely aims to alleviate some of the confusion though.

[ December 18, 2006, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Tyler D. ]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bman
Elite Trooper
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bman   Email Bman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. Heres my two cents worth. I have answewed many polls here> IE What to you like best? Toes, Soles? Bare feet? Feet in nylons? Feet in socks? Feet in flops? What color toe nails? ect. ect. I personally like high arches and red painted toe nails and a man kissing and licking her nyloned soles and the bottoms of her toes as if her toes were bent back as if wearing 6' high heels. To each their own. Why cant we get what we want? To be sure, I love stiletto heels, nylons, and female feet and such. But I Think that many pay sites are trying to please everyoney and no customer is really satisifed!. In Lord Lucans Up dates free movies showed ten free clips (bless you Luke) but 9 outa 10 flix from the advertisers had blow jobs going on. Duh? Whatta bout feet? And whats worse is the foot models that appear to be scared shitless when a man kisses her ankle or knee? Not to mention feet.In my hmo.. Check out Alas updates Thats about as close as I would get to a pay site
Posts: 251 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screw the whole "UN" consortium idea, we all know how the real UN works, and nothing gets done,a smaller scale would have no better effect.This isn't the local Carpenter's Union guys, it's our own interpretation of how a female foot should look like and be posed like..customers either like it or they don't.They can shop around until they find someone's site that appeals more to them..it's all about a free market because "foot fetish" is so broad.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18331 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Feet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil Feet   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a thought guy's, so to 'screw' the idea would be fine, however don't whine about good and bad pay sites, without any kind of quality seal as has been stated before, it may be a join and prey scenario.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1427 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Feet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6423

Oh and your own interpretation is fine, this idea was along the lines of qty of content, update frequency etc NOT interpretation on the actual images / videos themselves.

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

It's been fine for how many years?Why mess with a good thing,if WE know our sites are high quality and appeal to hundreds of people, then seriously..why should we worry about it.Don't let a few bad apples out of a few hundred or thousand discourage your website ventures.The weak websites with bad content that doesn't get updated much blah blah..will sink eventually,that is up to them.

--------------------
 -

Phil Feet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6423

. . . . anyway it's Christmas, good will and all that [Smile]

I have seen nothing less than perfection from ALL of the website owners here and sincerely hope that EVERYONE here at Wu's has a great Christmas.

Here is to leading the way into the new year and show the other sites what we are made of [Cheers]

--------------------
 -

NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Here Here! I'll toast to that...let our differences not come between us! Merry Footmas and a Soleful New Year lol!

--------------------
 -

clyde121
Major Player
Member # 9080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clyde121   Email clyde121   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:

I heard a rumor that one webmaster's ventures averaged 800+ members a month, but I have no proof to either confirm or deny that statement.

whats that old saying "seeing is believing". i would have to see that with my own eyes to believe it. take nothing away from the long standing legitimate sites that have accumulated a large following of memebers, but 800 is very hard to believe ( for me anyways). i guess anything is possible though
Posts: 135 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links