Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » clueless website owners (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: clueless website owners
clyde121
Major Player
Member # 9080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clyde121   Email clyde121   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seems like everybody and there dog has jumped on the bandwagon to open a site. seems like they think they will make a million bucks after 6months. most the sites have nothing but crappy photos at best, and a small amount at that. and NO videos. theres alot of sites i want to join BUT the lack of good pictures, amount of pictures and the lack of ANY videos, makes me say hek no im not spending $30 on those sites. im not going to name any names BUT hopefully these poor qaulity sites know who they are. maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee, otherwise i see nothing but a "gone out of business" sign in there future
Posts: 135 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom
Hall Of Famer
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom   Author's Homepage   Email tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stick with the free stuff - it aint that hard to find and you are right there are a lot of people just trying to rip you off.

[Thumbs Up]

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no pay site should even put themselves online until they have 1000's of photos, that is if they want a good amount of members

I sometimes wonder how many members a popular site has

anybody have any idea?

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craigy boy
The King Of Feet
Member # 3340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craigy boy   Email Craigy boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been tempted to join some sites, but i find the monthly fees ridiculously high. Even more so when currency conversion is considered.

Some sites, like one of my all time faves, Devonne, didnt update for months! How pissed off would you be as a member? Imagine paying for 8 months or more with no updates?

I doubt there's money to be made for most people, but i guess some of the really famous ones do ok.

But, 99% come and go. Which reminds me, what ever happened to Steph & Maxine?

--------------------
Aussies rule!
 -

Posts: 6114 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clyde121
Major Player
Member # 9080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clyde121   Email clyde121   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Mike:

anybody have any idea?

i got thinking about that also. ill bet its alot less than what everyone thinks
Posts: 135 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clyde121
Major Player
Member # 9080

quote:
Originally posted by Craigy boy:

Some sites, like one of my all time faves, Devonne, didnt update for months! How pissed off would you be as a member? Imagine paying for 8 months or more with no updates?

the same thing happened to me but on a different site. i actually wrote the webmaster a emial and told him if he didnt start posting new pics right away i was pulling my credit card and walking. i think it worked because he posted new material [Joint]
DancingFool
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DancingFool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a good deal from Feet Heat and At Her Feet---the 2 best sites ever---great pictures, thousands of them, and a few decent videos. Not known for their videos, but the pictures are amazing.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the problem that a lot of these webmasters and models have is that they go into a project like a paysite without thinking of all the REAL WORK that'll be involved in advance!

Sure, taking pics of pretty girls is always fun, and I'm sure the girls get a real charge out of posing in front of that camera too...but then there will be times when neither person wants to do a photoshoot, and yet they know they've got subscribers waiting for new material.

Suddenly something like making sexy pics, something that has always been done for fun, begins to take on a new -make that serious- connotation.

It's for this reason why we don't see Sultry Sasha's site anymore. She was constantly kicking ass, kept updating often enough, but once the site began to feel like work...well, that sapped all the joy out of it for her (and probably Photo Guy too). They made the wise move and got out before the quality suffered and the paying subscribers had to do without.

So I think a lot of these webmasters that go months on end with no new material have already reached the break point, and are just trying to hang in there long enough to snag those last few bucks before everybody gets pissed to the point of canceling.

I'd personally like to see a section either here on the forums or on another individual site where paysites for foot fans get reviewed by a panel of people...that way you get a few different takes on certain sites...reviews that are straight up, sometimes brutally honest so that you can go and read up on everything before taking that financial plunge. And why not? Movies get reviewed, music gets reviewed, so why not foot sites?

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clyde121:
quote:

anybody have any idea?

Not sure if this helps, but fmconcepts had 11,166 active users in their apache htaccess -> password file on 17 May 2001. About 15 of them looked to be designated as permanent/special gift, admin, or complimentary accounts for non-subscribers, so the rest were probably monthly subscribers I'm guessing

[ December 18, 2006, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Tyler D. ]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clyde121
Major Player
Member # 9080

fmconcepts isnt your "average run of the mill website". when you put it in perspective, ya theres alot of website that probably do well (but not as well as everyone thinks), but i would guess theres a hek of alot more sites that dont do well at all. i just dont see the point in wasting time, effort and money to open a site if its going to be half a$$ with crappy material. to each there own i guess
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What none of the comnsumers really understand about running a website,is there is TONS of behind the scenes work that has to be done weather it be the hours you spend trying to scout for models,work with them,pay them, or the time editing photos and adding text and watermarking to them there's at least 20 hours a week in computer work with prepping to get them ready for the website.I agree there are crappy sites, and good ones.Regardless of how the pics turn out,someone put a crap load of time into it somewhere.I think there are a few bad apples that fell from the tree is all.Clyde I would love to see a site you created, seriously..if you have a high standard maybe you will be quite successful in it.I know my site had close to 100 new members this past month.I don't think ANY foot site webmaster is looking to make millions,that is just common sense..if you think you are going to make ANY money doing it,forget it...what you make will pay for the site itself and allow you to hire more models if need be.good luck

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18311 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Champpalmer
Major Player
Member # 16374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Champpalmer   Author's Homepage   Email Champpalmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:

I'd personally like to see a section either here on the forums or on another individual site where paysites for foot fans get reviewed by a panel of people...that way you get a few different takes on certain sites...reviews that are straight up, sometimes brutally honest so that you can go and read up on everything before taking that financial plunge. And why not? Movies get reviewed, music gets reviewed, so why not foot sites?

I've created a section just for this at my forum. Most of the recent reviews have been conducted on clips4sale sites so far but there will be more reviews done on websites as a whole soon. Off topic but one of the gentlemen of the forum provided me with a review of sensualpunishment.com (a sister company/operation of footworshippalace.com) that I need to post for the east guys to checkout.

I agree..many times I've purchased memberships and media from many other sites and I felt I was left high and dry. There is no open warning signs for these sites either. Its frustrating because you'll never know what happens in terms of updates with a particular site pre-membership.

If you guys have in the past or present purchased a membership, movie, short movie, photos be sure to let fellow ff fanatics know experiences as well as let your thoughts be heard. Many of the site owners lurk the forum and this will be a perfect way to express all of your concerns.Site/Store Review here

[ December 17, 2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Champpalmer ]

Posts: 158 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clyde121
Major Player
Member # 9080

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinklesguy:
What none of the comnsumers really understand about running a website,is there is TONS of behind the scenes work that has to be done weather it be the hours you spend trying to scout for models,work with them,pay them, or the time editing photos and adding text and watermarking to them there's at least 20 hours a week in computer work with prepping to get them ready for the website.I agree there are crappy sites, and good ones.Regardless of how the pics turn out,someone put a crap load of time into it somewhere.I think there are a few bad apples that fell from the tree is all.Clyde I would love to see a site you created, seriously..if you have a high standard maybe you will be quite successful in it.I know my site had close to 100 new members this past month.I don't think ANY foot site webmaster is looking to make millions,that is just common sense..if you think you are going to make ANY money doing it,forget it...what you make will pay for the site itself and allow you to hire more models if need be.good luck

i agree with you and im sure it takes alot of effort... BUT what i was trying to say is...if your going to have crappy pictures, do updates every 3 months and dont plan to make any videos, then put a big sign on the front of your website that says "caution, this sites contains poor qaulity pics and no videos...and our girls arent attractive...oh and we probably wont do an update for 3 more weeks". dont try to fool the consumer. how many sites have you seen that say "updated 2 times a week".....ya riiiiight, updated 2 times every 2 months maybe.
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:

brilliant idea but it seems we need to be OVERLY nice around here...

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Originally posted by clyde121:
quote:

anybody have any idea?

a few months back somebody posted a password to what I thought was a popular site

each pic had a view count and each pic was viewed about 23 times

this site has been in existence since 2003 so at most i'd say she had 23 subscribers

there's just so much free material out there i don't think most bother to join and I truly believe the main reason most girls have a site isbecause they like the emails they get from guys telling them they're hot

based on that site that I thought was popular it sure as hell can't be for the money

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links