Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » I think Wu should have a "Hall Of Fame" (WU PLEASE READ!) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I think Wu should have a "Hall Of Fame" (WU PLEASE READ!)
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it would liven up the forum though. I am in no way campaigning for myself to be on the ballot but there is so many worthy people to be voted in. Either by commitee or secret ballot....
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by feetluvr:
A great idea, assuming that fellow forum members (voters) would be voting on the substance of the nominee's posts and threads and not just their post count. I don't think that would be an issue at all though- we have an incredibly intelligent group of members here.

EXACTLY. Actually post count was the furthest thing from my mind...

--------------------
Foot fetish is a thirst that can never be quenched.

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footboy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fate111:
I think the idea is a decent one. However, I think it would be worth more aggravation than it's worth. I'm sure it would piss off some people who think they should be nominated or get into the Wu HOF on the first ballot.

What should really be done, if this were to be taken seriously, is to get an impartial, and probably secret, online committee together that's willing to take the time to look through contributions and base their merit of HOF status on the criteria feetluvr put forth, then have the committee compile their list of nominees and then put forth a list of the top contributors to the general readership here at Wu's and let the members decide for themselves via a poll.

To me, it hardly sems worth the effort to go through all of that just to have some sort of bragging rights on a website though.

No, the idea of it wasn't to rub people the wrong way, or to create more agravation around here... it was meant to be something fun, a little something for the loyal members of Wu's to look forward to every year (and maybe it would be an extra incentive for those "lurkers" who don't usually post to get involved a bit)... to me I see it as only making an already great website that much better...

As for pissing off those that don't win, something tells me that most of the people that get on the ballot wouldn't take it so seriously anyway and don't forget there would always be next year). But I could be wrong.

--------------------

Posts: 3101 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of us actually are already in the hall of fame...myself, Bluetoelover, etc. have Hall of Famer under our names. I have brought this up myself in the past, but any of us that contribute 1,000 posts or greater reach Hall of Fame status here.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I've discussed it with Wu before, there was one underneath my very own eyes and didn't realize it! ShomeyoTOES is next in line to get into the Hall of Fame

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes there is a status you reach in terms of post counts(Hall of Famer). But what Footboy is trying to get started is an actual Hall of Fame "domain". Where you actually get voted into...then when in the Hall of Fame as an incentive you might be able to win a DVD or website pass or something along those lines as opposed to the t-shirt..nothing wrong Wu's or representing him! [Big Grin] But yet again I think incentives would have to be introduced in order to have some of the lurkers want to contribute to the forum more.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footboy1
The Legend
Member # 4549

quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
Some of us actually are already in the hall of fame...myself, Bluetoelover, etc. have Hall of Famer under our names. I have brought this up myself in the past, but any of us that contribute 1,000 posts or greater reach Hall of Fame status here.

WOW, really? So that means that I myself only have another 505... whoops make that 504 posts to go! [Joint]

No, I was thinking more an official page, where memebers would get inducted every year for going above and beyond the call of duty... maybe we could call it a "WALL Of Fame" then? lol

NM, it was probably a dumb idea... but hey, if you don't put it out there, you'll never know, eh? [Cheers]

--------------------

A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

quote:
Originally posted by footboy1:
...it was probably a dumb idea...[/QB]

It was a good idea, and like I've said, I pushed for it but to no avail

--------------------

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
The voting system has been tried before (if I remember correctly at the beginning of the year) and it didn`t seem to work out right for everybody, so Wu dropped it from the forum.

As you may have already noticed in this thread, everybody wants to be in the Hall of Fame and feels treated unfair if he/she is not mentioned.
Itīs going to be really difficult to satisfy all the thousands of members on this board...

-Hal-

I remember seeing the system at the start as well. I think it may bring more chaos and disturbance in the long run.

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andymac21
All Pro Poster
Member # 15990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andymac21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think its a good idea, but the quality of posts and the work that go into them are way more important then the number of posts. Id be pissed if i saw me Alice, goodguyneighbour not being in it, and guys who write "nice" after a set of pics gets 1,000 posts! am i wrong??

--------------------
http://ukcelebfeet.freeforums.org/

Posts: 788 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellathornesolelicker
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellathornesolelicker   Email bellathornesolelicker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wu's should have a hall of fame for its loyal posters.
Posts: 1837 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think its a good idea, enough said.
we all need who are the top contributors, we all praise them...do we really need more? ... i guess most of you will say yes to that [Tongue]

just my opinion

Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a great idea to me.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too much ass kissing and giving reach arounds for my liking.

How about a "Hall of Shame" for the lame ass posters instead. If you excessively misspell, use adolescent internet jargon and type in all caps you immediately go on my list!

U NO WOT I MEAN PPLS? LOL

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
How about a "Hall of Shame" for the lame ass posters instead. If you excessively misspell, use adolescent internet jargon and type in all caps you immediately go on my list!

LeDaemon, for a quick 'hall of shame' list, dig through the Foot Personals and pull out the scammers from over the years - great place to start haha.

--------------------

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links