Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Foot fetish origins/self esteem. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Foot fetish origins/self esteem.
Pjay
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pjay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't take as a given the idea that a foot fetish even is something that is "developed" as a result of life experiences (as in the examples give, childhood experiences e.g. near mommy's feet).

I fully believe that like anything else, it can be hard-wired into us genetically. I don't believe there were experiences that "made me" love feet. My earliest memories about feet were about seeing some that I reallllly enjoyed the appearance of (and by contrast I surely saw those that I thought were ugly); and of being extremely self-conscious about my own feet, which I not only thought were not very good-looking (in actuality, they're not super-handsome but not horrible), but also thought everyone would be gawking at.

I really think that my foot fetish was born into me. Anyone else out there feel pretty sure about that as well?

--------------------
You give pleasure to the feet, you give pleasure to the person.

Posts: 1297 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes indeed, i used to be a total foot fetish pissant when i was a younger lad. then as i grew up and learned teh ways of women, i became more confident and even more dominant sometimes in my relationships.

i do still like feet alot and rather than like them less over the years i feel like i like them even more. i think it is a progression that also elevated with my maturity and becoming a man. love of feet has been a great thing throughout but even way better imo with age and knowledge of oneself.

can't ask for a better gift of growth boiz unless we're talkin bout the nightly growth right underneath my zippers, Hee Hee

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pjay
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pjay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure are an odd duck, Tyler. [Tongue]

--------------------
You give pleasure to the feet, you give pleasure to the person.

Posts: 1297 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ned land
All Pro Poster
Member # 8065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ned land   Email ned land   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see any DIRECT relation between my lower self-esteem in my youth and my foot-fetish. I would have to say they are more of a coincidence than anything else.

While I was the second-born and I DID suffer with self-esteem and confidence issues when I was younger, I have been able to overcome most of them at this point in my life. Just being on this board over the past few years has boosted my confidence and the overall way I present myself to others about my fetish.

Now, I'm married and I'm not on the "hunt" for a fresh conquest, but I am able to sort of come out of the closet, so to speak, about my fetish now, even allowing it to "slip out" in cocktail party conversations. Don't get me wrong, I don't wear it on my sleeve, but neither do I hide it any longer. It is no secret among most of my wife's friends and co-workers that I do all her pedicures; now, what they surmise from that, I can only guess.

My self-confidence has matured greatly over the years as well, but I can't find any direct correlation between the two. Maybe I'm not looking at this as introspectively as I should, but that's just how I see it.

Both things appear to have progressed along at a natural and steady pace.

ned

--------------------
"Remember, the most important sex organ is between the ears, not the legs"

Posts: 878 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet Mason
Major Player
Member # 24724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet Mason   Author's Homepage   Email Janet Mason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some one who has has almost 30 years of experience with foot fetishism (I'm 42 now and my first experience with having my feet openly worshiped was at 14 or 15), I have to state emphatically that I have never, ever seen any correlation between self-esteem and the possession or lack of a foot fetish on any level. And, trust me, I have personally known a lot of men with foot fetishes of all levels of intensity, both before going online (boyfriends, hubby Steve, etc.) to over 11 years of being online and not only shooting pics/clips with fans but a also providing private foot worship sessions to guys who don't want to be on camera.

Simply stated, the guys I have met and had personal, direct interaction with who have a foot fetish have ranged from the one extreme of super-hunky, very confident "studs" to the opposite extreme of wormy types with almost no self-esteem at all...with the large majority falling in the middle, just regular guys with healthy self-esteem, regardless of their looks, profession or childhood.

For whatever reason, it seems to be a popular assumption that men who have a foot fetish have low self-esteem. Why, I don't know. Again, in almost 30 years I've seen no evidence that any personality trait or "type" is more or less prone to foot fetishism.

--------------------
Janet Mason
Online since 1998!
Site: http://www.foot-tease.com
Blog: http://www.janetmasonblog.com
Clips4Sale: http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/51/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JanetMasonFeet

Posts: 222 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely a nature vs nurture question.

Many have made interesting points. It's quite possible that the two are not related at all.

My growing more confident and my foot fetish waning could just be part of growing up. With my foot fetish not being dependant on self confidence at all. Interesting coincidence though.

I think the biggest lesson is that foot fetish is far more common than anyone imagined with many possible roots and manifestations.

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think having a foot fetish has anything to do w/ your self esteem. But i do believe that your past and how people treat you definitely does.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
i dont think having a foot fetish has anything to do w/ your self esteem. But i do believe that your past and how people treat you definitely does.

Perhaps i'm reading this wrong....but my question was.....does low self esteem create a foot fetish? Not that a foot fetish creates low self esteem.

Yes, how people treat you can effect one's self esteem.

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prex69
Board Regular
Member # 31791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prex69   Email prex69   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very interesting topic.

Personally, I did have low self-esteem growing up and in many ways still do.

Janet Mason reveals that the spectrum of foot guys is expansive - encompassing men with varying levels of self-confidence.

Low self-esteem may be more related to domination, trample, shoe worship and other degrading activities. Worship has the potential to be a degrading/loving/lustful experience depending on your partner and the relationship established - girlfriend, wife, prostitute/financial agreement.

I've always considered degrading worship to be something unhealthy; personally I like love to go along with my lust, but I understand that the two can and often are separated for a variety of reasons.

Society already associates foot kissing with showing humility before a powerful or respected figure - be it a king, an elder, or a religious leader.

Kissing a woman's foot can mean many things. You could be telling her that you're willing to love even her lowly feet; or that she deserves deference; or simply because she's very dominant and you comply due to your own low self-worth.

Low self-worth is a terrible and crippling affliction that doesn't enhance foot fetishism and only perpetuates the attitude that foot fetishists are despicable, spineless perverts. I can't stand trample material or cock torture or licking dirt off shoes and the like.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pjay:
You sure are an odd duck, Tyler. [Tongue]

oh yes indeed and many women have agreed [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozboy
Elite Trooper
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozboy   Email ozboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we could continue with this trend, my prediction is that in 5 - 10 years you wont be a foot fetishist anymore....
Posts: 461 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prex69:
Low self-worth is a terrible and crippling affliction that doesn't enhance foot fetishism and only perpetuates the attitude that foot fetishists are despicable, spineless perverts.

eh, i've had low self-esteem and a foot fetish for as long as i can remember. they are one in the same to me.
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love women put them on a pedestal so I can kiss their feet the goal is to be an ahole so they dt expect it all the time.

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet Mason
Major Player
Member # 24724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet Mason   Author's Homepage   Email Janet Mason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by prex69:

Kissing a woman's foot can mean many things. You could be telling her that you're willing to love even her lowly feet; or that she deserves deference; or simply because she's very dominant and you comply due to your own low self-worth.

It also very often means nothing more than that the man in question finds the woman's feet in question to be very sexually attractive and arousing...with no other connotations at all.

The problem with this discussion, as with many in foot fetish forums, is that the large majority of the posters are men and few, if any, are women. All the men can talk about is their own personal feelings and experiences, and then project or extrapolate from those personal feelings and experiences.

On the other hand, a woman who enjoys men with a foot fetish and who has had many, many foot fetish experiences with a wide variety of men has, by definition, a far more objective position from which to discuss male personality types and foot fetishism. And I will repeat again that I have met guys ranging from lowly, wormy types who want me to "degrade" or "humiliate" them with my feet (which is something I am not personally into at all) to super-aggressive, confident, very successful types who still roll over like submissive puppies, their faces glazed over with intense lust, when I stick my feet in their faces. It's more of a purely feminine aesthetic thing for these kinds of guys, who have an abundance of self-esteem (reflected in their open and frank directness about their lust for my feet and their total ease and comfort as they worship them), yet their reactions and desires are the same as anyone else's once my feet are in their faces.

I've even done private foot worship sessions with guys who claim that they don't "really" have a foot fetish but yet they find my feet (and sometimes those of a few select other women) to wield some indescribably powerful hold over them. That they never look at, care for or are aroused by womens feet in general, but mine and a few others drive them to near insanity with desire.

Clearly, someone of the receiving end (a woman) with vast experience with a wide variety of men over a period of many years can confirm that there really is no telling "what type" of man has a foot fetish. All men can do is guess or surmise based on their own lives and what they read in forums. (And as as aside, we have to keep in mind that many guys into feet don't even visit foot fetish forums, much less post on them.)

As one of those experienced women on the receiving end, I can state with full confidence that I know for a fact there is really no way one can "guess" what kind of guy does or does not have the fetish, and that literally every personality type is represented.

[ October 27, 2009, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Janet Mason ]

--------------------
Janet Mason
Online since 1998!
Site: http://www.foot-tease.com
Blog: http://www.janetmasonblog.com
Clips4Sale: http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/51/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JanetMasonFeet

Posts: 222 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
between Janet, Ned, and GQ, it's been a fascinating read [Smile]

each guy is kinda his own story. but the bottom line, self-esteem ties into feet on the basis of you feeling "worthy" enough to approach any one give set of feet. the higher the confidence level, the greater the likelyhood to approach any given one pair of feet.

outside of that, no relations (and that is sorta an echo to what Janet said)

my story.. i was very shy about my feet interest growing up. loosened up a bit in my 20's. i've always been very confident. i've had a dip in my esteem late twenties (long story) and it's now on the rise again.

i've become more open, but don't wear my interest on my sleeves. there are women who know well my interest.. and some let me take pics. others have figured it out and don't mind. being married, now that i'm the most comfy and "expressive" about it...i tend to keep my interest just strictly in my marriage or to myself (lol.....)

the extent of the curiousity has dropped though. i'm more comfy with my interest.. so the hunt is pretty much done.

as for the net... don't hunt on it as much.. just visit for the community aspect.

i've not loaded up a hard-drive.. let alone a flash drive with pics in years!

either way... i'm not seeing a connection to self-esteem and foot fetishism.. but i do have to say, maturiy helps a person be 'cool' about their feelings about feet.

enough rambling by me... great read though

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links