Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » GoDaddy? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: GoDaddy?
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canIsmellYourFeet:
No, I'm not conflating the two. When I thanked GirlGotSole for Weebly, I know he was talking about hosting. Hosting would be my next step AFTER getting a domain name, so I thanked him in advance.

Right now, as per my very first post that started this thread, I am looking to register domain names. GoDaddy may be cheapest, especially buying in bulk, but I'm not sure I'd trust them at the moment. Besides the link I posted, I'm seeing too many negative things online about them. I know no company is perfect, but at the same time one shouldn't ignore warnings when they come across them.

So then you've answered your own question. :-).

You asked Should I stay away from GoDaddy?
I say no, go right ahead.

My recommendation IS (and was) not to have a fear of GoDaddy due to recent publicity with respect to paying them over others for root level GTLD registration for .com .net and such.

My advice is not to purchase any add-ons from ANY registrar for any reason,

My advice is also not to purchase any type of "hosting" but get a VPS/Virtual Server for your web endeavor.

My advice is also to avoid Joomla like the plague.

My advice is qualified, not based on personal experience but on aggregate experience.

Factors for my advice have certain weight.

Including DNS resolution failures, SOA propagation, Zone TTLs flexibility
ability to add more custom records for free into a zone, low NXDOMAIN timeouts and other fun things that go along with a DNS provider.

Including query resolution time in seconds for the price (essentially free with the FQDN registration).

My advice is also not to operate yourdomains.com root name servers on the same "hosting" or "vps" or "dedicated" provider as your website and email, for simple reasoning of fault tolerance.

If NS resolution fails at a core level like from and external NS service like (GoDaddy/Netsol) name-servers you're killed completely either way.

But if your hosting companies name servers fail together with your web-server, your email will still work.

Asinine web-hosting companies will tell you one thing first. PLEASE Log into your GTLD registrar and change your nameservers NS1.OURCOMPANY.COM and NS2.OURCOMPANY.COM, and when our pipes go down you won't even get an alert.

[ December 28, 2011, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Goddess Melanie ]

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesonface   Email solesonface   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goddess Melanie:
quote:
Originally posted by canIsmellYourFeet:
No, I'm not conflating the two. When I thanked GirlGotSole for Weebly, I know he was talking about hosting. Hosting would be my next step AFTER getting a domain name, so I thanked him in advance.

Right now, as per my very first post that started this thread, I am looking to register domain names. GoDaddy may be cheapest, especially buying in bulk, but I'm not sure I'd trust them at the moment. Besides the link I posted, I'm seeing too many negative things online about them. I know no company is perfect, but at the same time one shouldn't ignore warnings when they come across them.

So then you've answered your own question. :-).

No, the people in the thread answered my question. GirlGotSole was the last one that convinced me. The post you're responding to was me simply saying no I'm not confusing domain names and hosting, as well as why I have decided to stay away from GoDaddy. I did not have this answer until this thread, hence why I created it in the first place.

EDIT: The rest of your post was truncated since this is the part I think needed clarity. But what you said sounds like good advice. I'm taking everything into account since this is going to be unknown territory to me.

[ December 28, 2011, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: canIsmellYourFeet ]

--------------------
Latina and Asian feet can't be beat! Hey that rhymed!

Posts: 1535 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. So your decision is strictly political then or based on accounts of "horrendous customer service" which may be more related to their hosting products and up-sells then to the their core offering which is domain registration.

As basically the entire thread had not one iota of technical fact with regards to DNS. Single horror stories of their support for their up-sell products, suggestions of the old evils, accounts of their TV advertising campaigns and their recent political face-plants with SOPA.

-G.Melanie.

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesonface   Email solesonface   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goddess Melanie:
Cool.

Cool. [Smile]

--------------------
Latina and Asian feet can't be beat! Hey that rhymed!

Posts: 1535 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links