Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » GoDaddy? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: GoDaddy?
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesonface   Email solesonface   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...if I wanted to buy some domain names, is GoDaddy a good place to buy them from? A Google search says they're in some trouble (something over SOPA, the Stop Online Piracy Act) and are about the be bought out, if it hasn't already happened. Nevermind all that go with GoDaddy anyway, or go somewhere else?

--------------------
Latina and Asian feet can't be beat! Hey that rhymed!

Posts: 1535 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbacks1969
Hall Of Famer
Member # 26882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbacks1969   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know but Danica Patrick does commercials for them, i bet shes got some good feet. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
The Oracle told me "SEXY FEMALE FEET MAKE YOU POWERLESS"

Posts: 1378 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I saw this so I'll make this quick.

STAY AWAY FROM GO DADDY! Don't do business in any capacity from them. I don't care who they use in their commercials, how nice their feet are or how pretty the women are. As someone who's dealt with them in the past for other things, they are a horrible company to do business with and I've heard many of the same from everyone else I know. Plus, they are actually overpriced for their services. Them supporting SOPA doesn't help either but that's not really relevant.

If you need to look for some domain sites, I'd recommend www.1and1.com or www.networksolutions.com. Both are much cheaper and offer better services. Hosting is another story but I'd start there. Good luck.

Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solesonface   Email solesonface   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maverick, thanks. I was hoping this post wouldn't get ignored. In the new year I'm gonna finally do some foot-related stuff, but I need to know where to register site names (I'll worry about hosting later). Just a cursory google search says a lot is going on with GoDaddy.com. What about namecheap.com?

--------------------

Posts: 1535 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do some research on them before you use them. Both websites I recommended were both recommended to me by people who are using them on a daily basis. If you have a Twitter account, find them and follow them and see how they interact with their customers. Same with a FB fan page. If you can't find anything out there, create your own research. That will always determine who you'll use in the end.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sol
All Pro Poster
Member # 2476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sol   Email Sol   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, avoid GoDaddy.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canIsmellYourFeet:
So...if I wanted to buy some domain names, is GoDaddy a good place to buy them from? A Google search says they're in some trouble (something over SOPA, the Stop Online Piracy Act) and are about the be bought out, if it hasn't already happened. Nevermind all that go with GoDaddy anyway, or go somewhere else?

GoDaddy is a great place to buy domains on the cheap, it's just not a great place to buy anything else. Every time I get click-troughs for UP-SELL (Hosting, Email Service) blah blah blah...

Most of my domains are registered with them,
and I use them for DNS services, but not for anything else.

Don't let them sell you their "Joomla" or whatever other crap they peddle.

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcarde
Major Player
Member # 44028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alcarde   Author's Homepage   Email Alcarde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work for a company that uses them for hundreds of domain services. I use them on a few of mine as well. They are cheap and they can host your domain as well, I think. I have all of my domains through them so it is easier to keep track of stuff through one company, instead of over many. Transferring domains to another hosting company is a bitch.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/alcarde

98% of people think its cool to put a statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 2% that.. Wait, shit.

Posts: 239 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once bought a domain name from GoDaddy and when it was time to re-new (or not in my case) they BUGGED THE LIVING FUCK OUTTA ME. I don't mean one or two emails...they called, they wrote, they emailed, they called, they .....

I ended up screaming at two or three of the people in customer service and DEMANDING they take my contact info out of their system.

Never again with that suck company for me. Just my two cents.

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

Yeah don't think I'll be using GoDaddy for anything.

--------------------

Girlgotsole
Major Player
Member # 14405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girlgotsole   Email Girlgotsole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rest my domain name from GoDaddy, but use Weebly to actually host the content. That way I only pay like... nine bucks per year.

Now that GoDaddy is pushing for SOPA, I will be reconsidering my renewal with them.

Good luck!

P.S. Nice gif!

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

quote:
Originally posted by Girlgotsole:
I rest my domain name from GoDaddy, but use Weebly to actually host the content. That way I only pay like... nine bucks per year.

Now that GoDaddy is pushing for SOPA, I will be reconsidering my renewal with them.

Good luck!

P.S. Nice gif!

LOL Everyone likes the gif. Which is kinda ironic to me...but anyway, thanks.

And thanks for the advice about Weebly. I'm taking notes on all this, and I'm glad I never went with GoDaddy earlier like I almost did this summer.

--------------------

Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

If you're looking for hosting, try DreamHost. They've been voted the best hosting company on the web. You can even follow them on Twitter and chat with them. Once again, another recommended site used by friends daily.
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all due respect.

Did this discussion get completely sidetracked? We're speaking about DNS registrars, not hosting.
A lot of people meld everything together into one, since hosting companies used-to one-stop domain register people and domain companies always wanted to get into hosting.

REGISTRARS are not good at web hosting.

GoDaddy is a normal registrar, albeit of its support for SOPA.

I would never use GoDaddy for anything aside from buying domain names.

DirectNIC, OpenSRS, Verisign etc.. same difference.

Read about Network Solutions and their extreme co-operation with ICE.

The reason why GoDaddy is so popular is because it was fairly CHEAP. Dirt Cheap in fact.

NetSol is 34.99 for "NonPremium" domains as of right now and has the same amount of up-sell. Is for SOPA and co-operates with ICE in seizures of sites. DirectNIC is 15.00+9.99 for a private registration and is offshore company not responsible for anything at all (including not sue-able - they are incorporated in the Cayman Islands)

So you pick which lesser of the 20 or so evils you wish. Just don't purchase web-hosting from any of them, they are all bad at that.

So I pick the cheapest one of the bunch that resolves my domains properly for my money.

All of them now do the up-sell, auto-renews on dead cards, domain auctions for premium domains, ghost buying your domain if it expires and selling it back to you from "a third party" - the whole nine.

[ December 28, 2011, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Goddess Melanie ]

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solesonface
Hall Of Famer
Member # 11183

No, I'm not conflating the two. When I thanked GirlGotSole for Weebly, I know he was talking about hosting. Hosting would be my next step AFTER getting a domain name, so I thanked him in advance.

Right now, as per my very first post that started this thread, I am looking to register domain names. GoDaddy may be cheapest, especially buying in bulk, but I'm not sure I'd trust them at the moment. Besides the link I posted, I'm seeing too many negative things online about them. I know no company is perfect, but at the same time one shouldn't ignore warnings when they come across them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links