Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » negative posts! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: negative posts!
Outback69
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outback69   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cs:
lets take that a step further. If one of the foot models gets a negative post from someone with 3 posts who joined the forum last tuesday, it's safe to assume he's a troll and everyone else thinks he's an asshole without needing to get worked up and threatening to leave the forum.

I agree with this 100%. To come in as a newbie to the foot forums and start ragging on a few pics or posters is disrepectful, needless and childish.

quote:
You´re probably right most of the time but I´ve also noticed some really great photo threads moving to page 2 pretty quickly only because they were posted at the wrong time of day (like 5 am in the morning) or because the next person replied to 10 topics, thus pushing the thread way down the page.
Sometimes when that thread pops back to the top of page 1 it suddenly gets a load of postive replies.
In other words...some threads are really worth bumping back up.

-Hal-

Again 100% in agreement with what Hal said. It really does get frustrating when a topic that you have read and looked over three days/weeks/months/years ago gets bumped back to the top at the expense of something that if caught at the right time would garner more than a couple of responses. I sometimes have to fight the temptation to remove a post and send the thread back to page 3 when someone bumps it with typing nothing more than just "Nice feet" or "I love your toes".

People....If you want to bring a thread back to the front page please make sure you have something more to contribute than just a couple of meaningless phrases or words.

I am sure that a lot of members would appreciate an insightful comment if they have to sift through your bumped thread rather than a comment that makes you sound like a dog humping the model's leg.

*Gets off soap box for now*

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2030 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think those people read the talk forum tho [Tongue]
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitardrew   Email guitardrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah this is kind of a common sense thing unfortunately, i say unfortunately because there are always gonna be people who have their own motives for wanting to knock other people down... it is very simple that there is a line between saying something isnt your cup of tea and insulting people.... i dont reply to posts if im not into them, or i pick a positive out of it and comment on it if i like and know the poster from around here...

--------------------
I love beautiful feet. What else is new?

Posts: 1081 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pedactor:
ok thts fine and great but at the same time people dont have to read the comments that are posted and just post your own comment ya dig? i mean u think they are being intentionally cruel? 50-50 sometimes maybe... why should 1 or 2 bad comments out of 50 awesome comments be bothersome, if anything those people sould be considered idiots [Wink] TRUST ME i have no issue w/ not posting negative comments myself, but u guys seem to make it sound like a capital felony. i didnt mean to come across as a dick but the way things are going in this country w/ cencorship being increased i felt this post was mirroring that and that got me riled... plus i was already having a bad day and i needed to vent...but @ least we can be honest w/ each other

i agree with everything you said

about the 50 good comments and one bad comment being bothersome, that is just the way people work

if 50 people tell you the same exact thing and then one person says the complete opposite, whose comment will stand out in your mind?

most likly the opposite comment

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also about you guys not responding to pics that you don't like, silence can sometimes hurt more than insults [Wink]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustJoe
Hall Of Famer
Member # 9641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JustJoe   Email JustJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Mike:
also about you guys not responding to pics that you don't like, silence can sometimes hurt more than insults [Wink]

I always try to say thanks for the pictures and their efforts even if I don't dig the pictures. I look at it this way, I am fortunate enough to have someone post pictures of their feet which they had no obligation nor right to do so in the first place.

Also, people who use, "it's my opinion" for hiding the fact that they said something that served no purpose but to attack and degrade should be considered rude and inconsiderate.

--------------------
IG: @purtyfeetstudio

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm delighted to see that the underlying sentiment is to be nice.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot-Clan Ninja
Elite Trooper
Member # 25128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot-Clan Ninja   Email Foot-Clan Ninja   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry outback and hal, i wont comment in old threads anymore, sometimes i think theyre just so good i have to comment.
Posts: 426 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ninja of the Foot Clan:
sorry outback and hal, i wont comment in old threads anymore, sometimes i think theyre just so good i have to comment.

I meant the exact opposite...that sometimes it is very good to comment on old threads and push them back up. Some threads are definitely worth it....especially some underrated picture posts.

On the other hand it`s ironic that you posted "I won`t comment in old threads anymore" in a thread that is almost a month old. [Wink]

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foot-Clan Ninja
Elite Trooper
Member # 25128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot-Clan Ninja   Email Foot-Clan Ninja   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, i just like reading back through the forum, i didnt even realize this one was old.
thanks for being cool with it.

Posts: 426 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You
The Legend
Member # 2107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for You   Author's Homepage   Email You   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you like to read back, read the dates too [Tongue]
Posts: 4545 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u suk.
JUST KIDDING! [Smile]
However, there's one thing I've got to say: I myself get a little annoyed when photos I've posted don't generate that many comments.
I think the real problem is simply that less people look at the photos section than this Foot Fetish Talk section.
So may I offer this suggestion? Why not allow photos to also be added to this section, as well.
(If I'm wrong--a lot of people do look at the photos section--then that's fine.)

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3712 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fate111
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fate111   Email Fate111   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougiezerts:
u suk.
JUST KIDDING! [Smile]
However, there's one thing I've got to say: I myself get a little annoyed when photos I've posted don't generate that many comments.
I think the real problem is simply that less people look at the photos section than this Foot Fetish Talk section.
So may I offer this suggestion? Why not allow photos to also be added to this section, as well.
(If I'm wrong--a lot of people do look at the photos section--then that's fine.)

Wow, I didn't realize that some people would not click off this section and click into the pictures section of the forum. I guess it can happen though.

As far as negative comments go, I'm not a big fan of them. I realize that just because I may not like a certain look of a woman's feet it doesn't mean that someone else will love them. I'm sure that there are women's feet that I would consider "good looking" that some others may not. Beauty can be so subjective at times. However, I will say that there has been so much great content in the Pictures section of the forum lately that I've already commented on in an earlier post. Sometimes, it's very difficult to respond to all the quality stuff that is there.

I think it's actually better to keep the negativity to a minimum. All it takes is a few negative posts to get feelings hurt. The next thing you know, it can escalate into an all-out personal war between people along the lines of, "That person posted a negative comment on something I posted so I'm going to do likewise the next time they post". At that point, personal agenda gets in the way of the actual quality of the content. It can also start to get other people angry and to start picking sides over who is "right" and who is "wrong", leading to a widespread pissing match between two "factions" of people.

To me, less negativity = less drama.

--------------------
"I like feet... A lot!"

Posts: 2167 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lambskin
Elite Trooper
Member # 1542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lambskin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I don't think this is necessarily true because if you look at the date/times of posts there may be a thread with the last post 1 day old that's on page 3 of the picture forum versus the end of page 1 or top of page 2 on this forum. For example I just checked right now and the last post at the end of the 1st page of the talk forum is from 2 days ago (12/7 in the morning) and the last post at the end of the 1st picture page is from 8:30am today. A lot more posts are made in the picture section.

As far as comments, I do like that this forum is positive. Sure there are some feet pics posted that my first thought is, "how in hell does someone find these feet attractive?", but I just close that thread and move onto the next without posting. I don't want to ever discourage women from posting their feet pics.

Posts: 475 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes feet attractive, to us? Personally, I think that ALL female feet are attractive, so long as they aren't physically deformed, in some way.
As the chiche goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you don't think a pair of feet looks nice, you don't have to voice that opinion. Becides, it will hurt that lady's feelings, if she found out!

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3712 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links