Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What is your most inspirational movie(s) and how has it affected you? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is your most inspirational movie(s) and how has it affected you?
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MovieFone have released their Top 10 inspirational Moves of All Time.

10) The Grapes Of Wrath
9) Hoosiers
8) Norma Rae
7) The Best Years Of Our Lives
6) Schindler's List
5) Rocky
4) It's A Wonderful Life
3) The Miracle Worker
2) Glory
1) My Left Foot

Personally I haven't even seen half of these movies or all of these except 1 and that's (6)Schindler's List.... Awesome Movie.

A popular NZ pop-rock station asked listners what were their Most Inspirational Movies Of All Time were. Here was their list;

10) American History X
9) Philadelphia
8) The World's Fastest Indian
7) Braveheart
6) Pay It Forward
5) Remember The Titans
4) Cool Runnings
3) The Notebook
2) Crash
1) Shawshank Redemption

....... So..

Just asking a question. What movie(s) have inspired you the most and how has it affected you?

[ December 09, 2008, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound real fuckin self centered, but i don't care. The only few things that inspire me, in this order are my daughter, myself, and my friends. People i know in real life. Even if it's a real true story on film, unless it's the actions taken and the real people in it, it's just a movie to me.

WIth that, the most recent movie i've seen that really made my mind go was "Untraceable" A movie about a man's son who after his father committed suicide which i can't remember why he did do that, decided that since everybody wanted to watch his father take his own life by blowin his brains out and then falling into a car in traffic on the internet via youtube, or what not. This guys son decided to kill everybody who had a part in it, the TV news reporter, the person who sold his fathers glasses on Ebay, etc, etc... Killed them by using a website and in which, the more viewers, the higher the dose of toxin, or in one case heat lamps that burnt one guy to death, the other a cop in which they released acid into a tank of water to make it battery acid...

In a way it made sense how he sought vengeance through doing it, although still wrong it's unfair of how people get off on seeing horrible tragic bullshit happen to other humans, when we all know we'd never appreciate them happening to ourselves, or people we hold dear to us.

Also to this list, A clock work orange. A great movie, and has been a favorite since i read the book and watched the movie.

Add Snatch to this, and we've got a great line up. Not sure how any of them has inspired me, but untraceable atleast made a lot of sense as to why the kid wanted vengeance, and how he went about it. Inhumane and "wrong" by our standards. But we're all warped someway. And how even the most cruel of criminals have some sort of thought in their mind as to why it's right that they do how they do... whether wrong and proven guilty by a jury who completely thinks they're "normal" or not.

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amelie:)

It is also my favorite movie ever since i saw it.It just made me want to go out and be nice to everyone,to do good things because it is a great way to not feel grumpy and depressed all the time.Don't wait for someone to come along and cheer you up when you can be the one to cheer others up and get the same great feeling.

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiny Dave
Hall Of Famer
Member # 30771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiny Dave   Email Tiny Dave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smokey and the Bandit. lol

--------------------
Oh my what huge feet you have my dear.

Posts: 1727 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
den2
Elite Trooper
Member # 20517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for den2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree tiny dave, when sally field put her feet on the bandit's windshield that was instant boner.
Posts: 372 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a pure inspirational movie, per se, but Castle in the Sky always cheers me up whenever I watch it. If you don't know what that movie is, it's an anime movie by one of the masters of animation, Hayao Miyazaki.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kani C. Eurphete
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kani C. Eurphete   Author's Homepage   Email Kani C. Eurphete   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a movie buff myself....it's pretty difficult to narrow down my choices. Nevertheless, I did come up with a list:

Men of Honor
Gladiator
Pay It Forward
G.I. JANE
Armageddon
Glory
BRAVEHEART
Autobiography of Richard Marcinko: "Rogue Warrior" (yes, it's a book!)

--------------------
"I do believe they think I am some sort of god!" (C-3PO)

Posts: 2474 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saving Private Ryan was pretty fucking amazing.

Also a new movie that just came out "Passchendaele" about the Canadians role in the epic World War 1 battle. Stars Paul Gross as well.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have quite a few but "Click" had quite an impact on me. Shows you how much time you've wasted and how much more you could waste if you don't get crackin' with life..... Plus Christopher Walken is a 'crack-up' in this flick [Laugh]

Probably had a big impact on me because I'm such BIG effin' PROCRASTINATOR!!!!! [Nut Kick] . I have alot of unachieved goals in life but am so comfortable where I am, I don't feel like movin' anywhere.

-

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw the movie once and I continue to flash back to it even today: "All That Jazz" with Roy Scheider and Ben Vereen.

It was Bob Fosse's non-autobiographical autobiography. An Academy Award winner that nobody seems to recall. I highly recommend it...and I will see it again when I find a copy.

Oh, very sexy and, if I recall correctly, there are some feet to be seen though that's not what made it so memorable.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memphis_Sole
All Pro Poster
Member # 29787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memphis_Sole   Email Memphis_Sole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shawshank redemption.....its about hope and it still makes me cry

--------------------
So…. Here you are… too foreign for home…. too foreign for here…. Never enough for both……

Diaspora Blues

Posts: 791 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Happening. It reminds me just how small we really are.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by den2:
I agree tiny dave, when sally field put her feet on the bandit's windshield that was instant boner.

Dang I remember that scene...Sally Feild (probably) still has some hot feet! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perfectpeds
The Legend
Member # 29295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perfectpeds   Email perfectpeds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many but if I have to only pick one I will have to say --- BRAVEHEART!

It shows conviction and moral strength of character as well as patriotism, loyalty, bravery.... I yell FREEDOM at the end every time and of course I am crying every time.

And Toetapper... I have seen "All That Jazz" and agree that it was an unbelievably well done story with some incredible music, dancing, and acting -- I actually had the joy of competing in dance on stage to the song... All That Jazz...

--------------------
"People will always be tempted to wipe their feet on anything with 'welcome' written on it."
Andy Partridge (now here is an idea!)

Posts: 2959 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy2547
Hall Of Famer
Member # 9086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy2547   Email Randy2547   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky I love that movie all of them actually it is just a very inspirational movie it allways gets me pumped and ready to go and do whatever I have to do.
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links