Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » What is your most inspirational movie(s) and how has it affected you? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is your most inspirational movie(s) and how has it affected you?
LikesHippieGirls1971
Major Player
Member # 504

Icon 14 posted      Profile for LikesHippieGirls1971   Author's Homepage   Email LikesHippieGirls1971   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forest Gump, The Green Mile, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Contact (Jodie Foster), The Outsiders, Bicentenial Man (Robin Williams), A.I.(Haley Joel Osmont & Jude Law), Alot of M. Night Shyamalan movies, White Noise (Michael Keaton), Dragonfly and Field of Dreams(Kevin Costner), Second Hand Lions (Haley Joel Osmont, Robert Duvall, Michael Caine), Wizard of OZ, The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, Blade Runner (Harrison Ford), Lord of The Rings (extended versions), The Matrix series, Dragonball Z.

How these affect me: childhood, memories, imagination, exploration, defending yourself and loved ones from those who oppress you, sci-fi / fantasy, what is the future?, eternity, after life, sense of adventure, what is out there besides earth?, life lessons, etc, too many to name.

Cool? [Wink] [Thumbs Up]

Peace. [Fingers Crossed]

--------------------
Huge anime' fan! PS2 games. Outdoors. Artsy-Fartsy stuff!

Posts: 160 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kani C. Eurphete
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kani C. Eurphete   Author's Homepage   Email Kani C. Eurphete   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost forgot one of my childhood favs...
The Never Ending Story!!!! (The Original of course) [Thumbs Up]

none of those horrific sequels that followed... [Puke]

Not sure if this movie affected me directly. I've always been a fan of Fantasy Films. I guess, in a way it has inspired me to always dream big, and to "stick to my guns" when it comes to my own opinion or values!

--------------------
"I do believe they think I am some sort of god!" (C-3PO)

Posts: 2474 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by perfectpeds:

Toetapper... I have seen "All That Jazz" and agree that it was an unbelievably well done story with some incredible music, dancing, and acting -- I actually had the joy of competing in dance on stage to the song... All That Jazz...

I cannot believe that I was so cursory as to miss the signs in your photos that you are a dancer. I just love the feet of a dancer.

Anyway...I'm glad that someone recalls it, and fondly.

Came back to this thread by accident. Glad I did. Last message from me tonight. Must rise early and then..."It's Show-Time, Folks!"

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Elliot is amazing - that final moment then he leaps out onto the stage gets me everytime... but its his dad that really inspires me (any one whos seen the film will understand why) Also, great soundtrack [Tongue] t-rex ftw

dead poets society is also up there - I'm studying to be a teacher and I want my students to climb onto desks for me as well haha - and im TOTALLY going to have them scream poetry while blasting vivaldi's Winter

All in all though, books generally have a greater impact on me than films.

[ February 09, 2009, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Athena K ]

Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Below the Ankles
Major Player
Member # 33795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Below the Ankles   Email Below the Ankles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always loved The Graduate. It was an amazing movie with a great soundtrack. Star Wars was the movie that affected me most, though. Saw it when I was maybe seven. It had a big impact on my imagination and pushed me towards creative things: animation, graphic design, game design, etc. I have an A.A. in computer animation and will be pursuing a B.A. in graphic design this fall.

--------------------
Foot Sniffers Local 151

Posts: 200 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena K   Email Athena K   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Below_the_Ankles:
I always loved The Graduate.

i thought your avatar looked familiar [Tongue]
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jono86
Elite Trooper
Member # 9142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jono86   Email jono86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
remember the titans, was just a very uplifting movie and motivational and taught me never to give up

--------------------
If you want to chat my yahoo id is kinky_man789

Posts: 304 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mona:
Amelie:)

It is also my favorite movie ever since i saw it.It just made me want to go out and be nice to everyone,to do good things because it is a great way to not feel grumpy and depressed all the time.Don't wait for someone to come along and cheer you up when you can be the one to cheer others up and get the same great feeling.

This was the first movie Tyler and I watched together! Definitely an AMAZING film!
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`ve seen tons of amazing movies and many of them have moved me to tears. I couldn`t really choose one movie as the most inspirational one.
But yesterday I watched "Milk" (the new movie with Sean Penn)...and it`s totally awesome! Great acting, great story, and funny, moving & dramatic at the same time.
I can highly recommend this film! Go out and watch it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013753

Cheers,
-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena K
All Pro Poster
Member # 33809

quote:
Originally posted by Hal:
I`ve seen tons of amazing movies and many of them have moved me to tears. I couldn`t really choose one movie as the most inspirational one.
But yesterday I watched "Milk" (the new movie with Sean Penn)...and it`s totally awesome! Great acting, great story, and funny, moving & dramatic at the same time.

Cheers,
-Hal-

YES! milk was amazing. i saw it with two of my friends and we were all just blown away. the fact that it was a true story, and one of the friends i saw it with was gay, also had an impact, but in itself it was awesome. wonderful film.
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been mulling this over for a while, and keep coming back to the same 2 movies:

Rocky (I, the original)
Shawshank Redemption

How have they affected me? These movies simply remind you to never give up. Life is sometimes just about getting through "it" (whatever "it" may be), and getting to the other side. You don't have to do it perfectly. There is usually a blessing waiting there for you.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hal
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Athena K:
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:

Cheers,
-Hal-

YES! milk was amazing. i saw it with two of my friends and we were all just blown away. the fact that it was a true story, and one of the friends i saw it with was gay, also had an impact, but in itself it was awesome. wonderful film.
Glad you enjoyed it as well.
Have you watched Clint Eastwood`s "Changeling" (with Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich)? Another brilliant movie that fascinated me this year (it only recently ran here in Germany)...great acting and an amazing twist in the plot make this an extraordinary film. [Thumbs Up]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824747

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action and TiA Video Clips

Posts: 6150 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links