Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Firefly/Serenity appreciation thread (w/ barefoot girl pics) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Firefly/Serenity appreciation thread (w/ barefoot girl pics)
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a pretty cool article a friend of mine pointed out to me pertaining to Serenity...
http://www.cityofangel.com/behindTheScenes/bts4/sdcc04_3.html

To quote Summer Glau, the cute little babe that plays "River Tam" in the movie and the Firefly TV show:
"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much."
 -

Another reason to get your butt to the theatre and see this movie! Not only is this some bad-assed, action-packed story-telling, but there's plenty of "fan service" for guys like us!

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found this image of another girl on Serenity... [Drool]

-

She's Jewel Staite, quite the lovely young actress who plays the totally adorable character "Kaylee Frye" in both the Serenity movie and the Firefly TV show. Sadly, she doesn't go barefoot in the Serenity movie like Summer Glau does, but she gives us foot guys some yummy "fan service" in the TV show! [Mmm] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man lou, that picture would be 10 times more awesome if it were all clear. But it is a totally awesome pic either way! [Wink]
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by imation_pc:
Man lou, that picture would be 10 times more awesome if it were all clear. But it is a totally awesome pic either way! [Wink]

I hear you Bro, I wish her feet were more clear in the shot myself...but hey, I'm just happy I found a shot of one of my favorite actresses in "the pose". [Thumbs Up] Glad you like her pic. [Cool]

If you get a chance, be sure and watch the Firefly TV show for more barefoot Kaylee. Episode 14 is a foot guy's dream, as she's got her legs crossed over the young doctor's lap (his character is "Simon Tam"), with her shoes kicked off. Simon says something and she teases him about it, then takes a pretty bare foot and pushes him in the mouth with it. Gosh damn I wish I could've been a stunt-double for that scene! I wonder if they actually had to pay him to let her do that to him? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
quote:

I hear you Bro, I wish her feet were more clear in the shot myself...but hey, I'm just happy I found a shot of one of my favorite actresses in "the pose". [Thumbs Up] Glad you like her pic. [Cool]

If you get a chance, be sure and watch the Firefly TV show for more barefoot Kaylee. Episode 14 is a foot guy's dream, as she's got her legs crossed over the young doctor's lap (his character is "Simon Tam"), with her shoes kicked off. Simon says something and she teases him about it, then takes a pretty bare foot and pushes him in the mouth with it. Gosh damn I wish I could've been a stunt-double for that scene! I wonder if they actually had to pay him to let her do that to him? [Big Grin]

haha, "the pose"... I like that. I'll seriously try to check it out.
I'm a huge fan of star wars, so I'm sure it would appeal to me!

Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
I'm a huge fan of star wars, so I'm sure it would appeal to me!
Serenity kinda' takes you back to the fun that the first three Star Wars movies were, and then beyond...way beyond. Not knocking the newer Star Wars flicks, but having grown up on the first three, the latest batch just sort of fell flat, in my opinion. Having a budget of a "mere" $40 million to play on (a drop in the bucket as far as movie budgets go), Serenity should serve as a major wake-up call to Hollywood in the fact that you don't need computer rendered effects every two seconds, or cameo's from the big name stars, or a house-hold name kind of franchise to get the job done; that job being fast-paced and exciting story-telling, characters that you'll instantly fall for, and a whole new and interesting "world" to escape to for two hours (actually, one hour and fifty-nine minutes, but who's timing it anyway?).

Another thing Serenity accomplishes is not insulting the intelligence of the viewers. There are no clear-cut sides of good or evil in this world. For instance, the heroes (or maybe I should say anti-heroes) consist of thieves, fugitives, wanted killers, and even a prostitute...while the "villains" are a fascist planetary alliance that seem to try looking out for the good of the citizens. Really, it falls into the viewer's lap as to where to place their sympathies, with faults and good points existing on both sides. There is no "dark side" to start shaking your fist at from the start.

In the end though, the most obvious strength of this film are the characters. Even though they're outlaw bad-asses 500 years into the future, their humanity and charm are undeniable. Get ready to be nervous for them one minute, laugh the next, and maybe even break out the tissue for the tears the following. They're not two-dimensional paper-dolls out looking for good to do, but rather characters that get caught up in incidents that push them to their limits, and there's no doubt that you'll find yourself relating to them.

You'll love this movie...and I'm not just blowing smoke. I honestly don't see what could not be liked about it, and I'm a cynic from hell! Go see it, and be quick, because at it's fourth week in the cinema's, it probably won't be around a whole lot longer.

"I am a leaf on the wind..."

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Professor_White
Loyal Member
Member # 3799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Professor_White   Email Professor_White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really, really loved this film. I've been telling everyone to go see it because it's worth it. It's like Star Wars but with a real story and script.lol. Too bad that the public out there rather go see the latest Hollywood crap then a smart, well made film.

--------------------
 -
"style is like salt... too much can ruin everything"

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Professor_White:
I really, really loved this film. I've been telling everyone to go see it because it's worth it. It's like Star Wars but with a real story and script.lol. Too bad that the public out there rather go see the latest Hollywood crap then a smart, well made film.

I understand Bro...the frustration...trying to get the word out and feeling like you're banging your head against a wall. That's the way it usually goes though...the diamonds always get obscured by the dust, and that happens in about any medium you go; movies, music, books...it's sad.

All we can do is keep trying and keep plugging, and most of all keep up the hope! From what I've heard, the movie has made about $26 million here in the states...not a blockbuster as far as movie intakes go, but a far damn cry from a flop as well! Now we just gotta hope the world market will embrace it...all they gotta make is $50 million on it, and we're gonna get another movie. [Thumbs Up]

I've heard that it's sitting in the #6 spot as far as popular movies go in the U.K., and that it's doing pretty well in Russia too, even beating out The Dukes of Hazard in money-making. Kinda' embarasses me when I think of that; here in America, no matter how goofy a movie is, put somebody like Jessica Simpson in it and people flock to the theatres. Give them something with substance, and it has to struggle to stay on the radar. It's like, put a star in it, and people don't care what it is, they'll come running. I don't understand the mentality. [Confused]

Keep plugging Bro, and I'll do the same. We haven't seen the last of Malcolm Reynolds and the crew of the Serenity just yet! [Cool]
[Cheers]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Professor_White
Loyal Member
Member # 3799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Professor_White   Email Professor_White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the thing that pisses me off is that the god-awful-piece of shit-"The Fog" remake is still making more money then Serenity. Stupid people!

--------------------
 -
"style is like salt... too much can ruin everything"

Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by Professor_White:
And the thing that pisses me off is that the god-awful-piece of shit-"The Fog" remake is still making more money then Serenity. Stupid people!

Well, not to add to the bad news, but I've heard that Serenity is going to go straight to DVD for some countries. Apparently, the folks in charge aren't too happy with the movie's in-take here in the states, and they're not ready to gamble it in theatres abroad. [Cry]

This in itself isn't the end of the world, or maybe I should say "the 'verse". From what I understand, there have been sleeper hits in theatres that wind up making a killing in the home movie market. I understand Highlander is such a case, and it wound up getting movie sequels and a couple of TV series. For that matter, The Incredible Hulk didn't make the numbers it should've either, and even it's got a TV show.

I'm a late-comer to all of this...I only saw one episode of Firefly before going to see Serenity, then I bought the box-set to see everything I missed out on, then I've gone back to the theatres two more times to see Serenity again. I'm amazed at how emotionally into this I am and so fast, considering that there are folks who have been Firefly fans from day one. No doubt that they're more concerned than I am, and I've literally been stressing over this!

I'm still going to keep plugging, and it goes without saying that I'm squirelling money away for the DVD when it comes out (and I'm planning on buying a few copies to give as gifts). If, God forbid, that this is the last we see of the crew of the Serenity, it'll be a sad time, but I'll be thankful for what we did manage to get. Real jewels don't come along very often, and when they do they're never appreciated the way they should be. We can at least do that...be thankful for all that we've got so far. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Actually, I had never heard of either firefly or serenity, until I heard about it here. Strange, because I thought I was usually on top of things like this.. Don't know how I missed out on this. I don't think it ever came to theatres around me, or else I probably would have seen it. Do you know when it should be coming out on DVD?
freakyscientist
Board Regular
Member # 2396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freakyscientist   Email freakyscientist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serenity, go see it, it's 'fuckin' awesome.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Actually, I had never heard of either firefly or serenity, until I heard about it here. Strange, because I thought I was usually on top of things like this.. Don't know how I missed out on this. I don't think it ever came to theatres around me, or else I probably would have seen it. Do you know when it should be coming out on DVD?

Don't feel bad Bro...I was in the dark about it myself until VERY recently, and my finding out about it was pretty much a fluke (long story on all of that). While I'm thankful that Universal gave the go-ahead to a project like Serenity, I can't help but think a lot more should've went into the promotion of it.

Anyways, to answer your question, word around the campfire has it that it's going to hit DVD around Christmas. So until then, you can watch the re-runs of Firefly on the Sci-Fi channel on Friday nights at 7:00. Since there were only 14 episodes made, I don't know how long they're going to keep the show in rotation, so be sure to see it ASAP!

Another thing you could do is hunt down the Firefly box-set and check that out. You may be able to rent it, I'm not sure. That way, you get all 14 episodes in the order they were meant to be shown, uneditted, plus bonus goodies. This way, you can totally get up to speed on the Firefly/Serenity "'verse" before you see Serenity.

Something else you could do, and I have yet to do this myself, is to hunt down the Serenity comic books. It's a three issue mini-series written by Joss Whedon himself (so you know they're authentic story), and they take place between the 14th episode and the Serenity movie...bridging the 8 month gap in the timeline. Good luck hunting these puppies down though...even with multiple covers on each issue, these things have totally SOLD OUT. Wish me luck in finding myself some of these comics! [Wink]

So there you have it Bro...it's not too late to start enjoying this masterpiece of a story right now. And of course be sure to get Serenity when it comes out on DVD. You're gonna love it I tell ya... [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by freakyscientist:
Serenity, go see it, it's 'fuckin' awesome.

Amen Bro...easily the best movie I've seen in years!
[Cheers]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Another barefoot girl goodie from the Firefly and Serenity story...

-

This scene of Kaylee with her legs over Simon's lap comes from Firefly episode 14, captured by my good friend and Bro extraordinaire DG. Enjoy! [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links