Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Firefly/Serenity appreciation thread (w/ barefoot girl pics) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Firefly/Serenity appreciation thread (w/ barefoot girl pics)
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't ask questions, just go see it now! Damn fine flick! Well-written, action-packed, great special effects, cool characters, cute girls, even plenty of nice close-up barefoot shots of one of the girls...what more can you want in a movie?

In case you don't know, the movie is an extension of the short-lived, 11 episode TV show "Firefly", but if you're like me and only recently became aware of this show (I'm behind the times on most things) or don't even know about it period, don't let that sway you from not seeing the movie. Everything is explained, and the action starts in a hurry.

No offense intended to any die-hard Star Wars fans, but this movie is what the new Star Wars movies should've been! If you like science-fiction then by all means go see it. If you don't like sci-fi, go see it anyway...you'll like it!

[ November 06, 2005, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Lou Gojira ]

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Go see Serenity, NOW!
"Serenity now!! Serenity now!!"

Surely we must have some Seinfeld fans out here who appreciate that one.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a huge fan of Firefly (best Gorram show in the 'verse), I was really eager to see this movie. I was not disappointed. What a ride. And I agree with you brother Lou, I too felt that Serenity was everything the last 3 installments of Star Wars should have been.

And emotional? I am still in a state of shock and denial.

And CJ...Serenity Now! LMAO.

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. I was going to say that Calico! Argh...

I thought the movie looked a bit wierd from the previews, but I've been looking for a movie to go see. I was gonna see A History of Violence but maybe Ill go see this instead.

Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:
Go see Serenity, NOW!
"Serenity now!! Serenity now!!"

Surely we must have some Seinfeld fans out here who appreciate that one.

[Laugh] *LMAO* Man, I was running on empty when I typed that up...hadn't even caught that. [Big Grin]

quote:
And emotional? I am still in a state of shock and denial.
I hadn't got to see very much of "Firefly" at all...just one episode a few days ago on the Sci Fi channel...but to see them pull what they did in the movie, I knew some serious lines would get crossed! Ballsy moves to say the least! [Eek!]

By the way Brother IAmSpartachris, you say you're a big fan of the show and saw the movie, I'm assuming you've probably seen all 11 episodes of "Firefly". Tell me: Does that one girl (I believe her character name is Inara), Morena Baccari (hope I got her name right) ever get barefoot? She's probably one of the hottest girls I've seen in a TV show in I don't know how long. [Mmm]

quote:
I thought the movie looked a bit wierd from the previews, but I've been looking for a movie to go see.
I thought the same thing when I saw a couple of the commercials Brother mystik...the way they talked about the characters rather matter-of-factly, I kept thinking "And exactly who is this crew of the Serenity?!" I had no clue. Then, once I found out that the movie is an extension of a series that got canceled in 2002 (or was it 2003), my next reaction was "Smooth move, make a movie about a bunch of characters nobody knows about... [Roll Eyes] " Then, I got to see just one episode of the show, and instantly fell for it.

Let me tell you Bro, even if you never get to see a single episode like I did, the movie takes maybe two minutes to get you caught up to speed...then the characters will instantly grow on you from that point forward. And the writing is so well done, odds are you'll start liking them right off the bat. This isn't a Star Wars wanna-be, no Star Trek clone...it's a rather unique and inspired approach at a sci fi story. Sure, you'll spot things that have been done before, but considering all the movies and things that have come out, a few similarities are inevitable. Regardless, I think it'll be the characters themselves that rope you in, then once you're hit with all the action, bad-assed special effects, atmosphere, and not to mention a very cool soundtrack, you're gonna love the ride.

Yes folks Serentiy NOW!!! Scream it at the girl behind the counter when you're buying your ticket! [Big Grin] Hell, I'm contemplating going back and seeing it again today...God help me...trust me when I tell you, you're really gonna like this movie! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IAmSpartachris   Email IAmSpartachris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lou,

The character of Inara is used much more in the series, and is a really interesting and well rounded character. Unfortuanately, she was one of the 9 player ensemble who suffered at the hands of a 2 hour running time. And although I have seen all the episodes several times, I do not recall ever seeing her barefoot in any of them.....However...The character of River is barefoot frequently in the series, and the character of Kaylee (the cute female mechanic) is barefoot a couple of times as well, and if I am correct in remembering, even has her bare feet in the doctors lap at one point.

I agree with everything you said. This is a great movie. I need to see it again at least once more on the big screen (probably a few more times, which is something I rarely do even if I really like a movie, because DVD releases come out so quickly nowadays.

Loving the series as much as I do, it would still be unfair of me to say that I had high expectations for this movie. Because really, I didn't. I was just expecting more Firefly, only bigger, and I would have been thrilled with just that. What i got was much much more than that. Still feeling pretty high about the whole thing.

"I am a leaf on the wind".

Posts: 712 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by IAmSpartachris:
Hey Lou,

The character of Inara is used much more in the series, and is a really interesting and well rounded character. Unfortuanately, she was one of the 9 player ensemble who suffered at the hands of a 2 hour running time. And although I have seen all the episodes several times, I do not recall ever seeing her barefoot in any of them.....However...The character of River is barefoot frequently in the series, and the character of Kaylee (the cute female mechanic) is barefoot a couple of times as well, and if I am correct in remembering, even has her bare feet in the doctors lap at one point.

I agree with everything you said. This is a great movie. I need to see it again at least once more on the big screen (probably a few more times, which is something I rarely do even if I really like a movie, because DVD releases come out so quickly nowadays.

Loving the series as much as I do, it would still be unfair of me to say that I had high expectations for this movie. Because really, I didn't. I was just expecting more Firefly, only bigger, and I would have been thrilled with just that. What i got was much much more than that. Still feeling pretty high about the whole thing.

"I am a leaf on the wind".

Thanks for the info Bro! [Thumbs Up]

It'll only be a matter of time before I see all of this for myself too, because I went and bought the box-set of the series today! It's kinda' blowing my mind when I think of it, but one episode pushed me into seeing the movie, and the movie pushed me into buying all 11 episodes (plus three that didn't air, making it 14) of the TV show. I haven't been this excited over a show, movie or storyline since...well...I don't know when! [Big Grin]

Barefoot shots of Kaylee and River? Hey, cool by me...no complaints here. [Cool] It's a shame Inara doesn't get barefoot (as you recall), but oh well, she's still a total fox and I can always daydream. [Smile]

Better late than never I suppose, but you can count me in as a fellow fan of Firefly.
[Cheers]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

quote:
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
Better late than never I suppose, but you can count me in as a fellow fan of Firefly.
[Cheers]

Welcome fellow Browncoat.
NotQuiteRight
Loyal Member
Member # 9668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotQuiteRight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it better the first time I saw it... When it was called OUTLAW STAR!!! Joss Whedon is a no-talent plagiarizing ass-clown. He totally ripped off Outlaw Star.

--------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAmSpartachris
All Pro Poster
Member # 3289

Oh spare me. There are no truly original Ideas left anymore. It's the spin you put on them. When's the last original one you had? I mean "No talent ass-clown"? hardly original is it?

If you don't get what the appeal of Serenity, or Firefly for that matter is, then that's a shame. It's not just about plotlines, it's about people, and thier interpersonal relationships. It also has some of the freshest dialogue and wit that I have seen in a long time. Not to mention a perfect cast. The actors are fantastic, and the characters are so well written and fleshed out (even if a couple got short shrifted due to the 2 hour running time). It's all about those 9 people.

Never-the-less, you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are, and I certainly don't expect everyone that sees this movie to love it like I did.

Anyway, that's just my opinon.

Peace.

[ October 03, 2005, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: IAmSpartachris ]

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Maybe Whedon did rip off Outlaw Star to a degree...but who cares? Are the Japanese studios who produced Outlaw Star going after 20th Century Fox for copyright infringements? For that matter, let's look at what these Japanese studios may have "ripped off" as well...

Westerns in space? Filmation beat everybody to the punch on that with Bravestar that airred back in the 80's (right after She-Ra got canceled), and I'll be willing to bet some money that even they weren't the first with the concept either. (Anybody know something that beats Bravestar as the first "Western in space"?)

Running cargo, occasionally stealing, and staying above the law? Well, one anime instantly comes to mind that dealt in that...Sol Bianca, which came out sometime before '95, predating Outlaw Star at least by two years, and even that anime payed tribute to Star Wars because that was Han Solo's career before he got hooked up with the Rebellion. (The tribute was, I believe, some freight boxes marked Tattooine (in Japanese of course) that you'd have to catch quick in a background shot.)

Everybody's entitled to an opinion, and I'm not trying to condemn anybody...

Outlaw Star may have been first with some things...fair enough. The problem I had with Outlaw Star though is that I couldn't sit through a single episode of it without getting bored, and I should know! I've got the boxed set of the series (picked it up for a mere $1 at a warehouse that closed, in which I worked and got such a sweet discount), and STILL have yet to sit and watch all the episodes. Nice art and everything, but the story just didn't grab me at all. I'm not knocking anime by saying that, hell, I LOVE anime (though I certainly do NOT jerk off to hentai, so I guess I don't "love" it per se' [Laugh] ), I was buying anime back before it was "legal" at conventions and certain shady comic shops, and not sold at malls and Wal-Marts everywhere and all over.

There's a difference between being the first with something, and then being good with something. Should Namco have never made the game Galaga, because Taito were first in making Space Invaders? Same logic...

Oh well, just my opinion. [Cool]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

NotQuiteRight
Loyal Member
Member # 9668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotQuiteRight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool argument, but the whole "girl with a mysterious past found in a suitcase by outlaws" was a little too close for me to let slip by. And yeah, the show did get boring as hell oftentimes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 96 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
Originally posted by NotQuiteRight:
Cool argument, but the whole "girl with a mysterious past found in a suitcase by outlaws" was a little too close for me to let slip by. And yeah, the show did get boring as hell oftentimes. [Big Grin]

Which show? Outlaw Star? Yeah, it did get pretty dull rather fast. [Wink] [Evil Grin]

But here's a question for you, if you don't mind my asking. If the situation had been reversed...if there were an anime that tended to "borrow" a bit from an American TV show, would it have upset you as much?

I know I was one that raised 17 kinds of holy hell back in the day when Disney were making millions on The Lion King, because I thought it quite a disrespect to Osamu Tezuka and his Kimba-The White Lion anime and manga, since that was first. But then I started looking at everything the Japanese tended to "borrow" from in making some of their hits, and I saw that the door swung both ways.

As much as I geeked on Bubblegum Crisis back when it was making it's waves, that anime "borrowed" quite heavily from both Blade Runner and The Terminator. Furthermore, the prequel A.D. Police went overboard in "borrowing" from Robocop with the "The Man Who Bit His Tongue" episode (and don't even get me going on all the Japanese sentai shows that were Robocop inspired). The same with Hokuto no Ken, as much as I loved that anime and still do, it "borrowed" more than it's healthy share from Mad Max, a movie from Australia. And what about Gall Force? Don't you think that was a tad too close to Battlestar Gallactica in it's underlying premise?

What I'm trying to say, basically, is that a lot of anime fans want to play the "purist" card when something Japanese gets borrowed from, getting all huffy and uptight about it, but when the situation gets reversed, the silence is rather deafening. If Joss Whedon is a no-talent, plagerizing ass-clown, then what does that make Kenichi Sonada?

Sorry for the long-winded post, but it's reasons such as this that got me so totally and thoroughly disgusted and disenchanted with the anime scene here in the U.S. Maybe you don't have a double-standard like this NotQuiteRight, but there are way too many self-righteous anime fans who do. The way I see it, both sides, both American and Japanese media, borrow back and forth all the time...so just go with whatever final product is the more enjoyable to you...just don't feel the need to "correct" somebody if they like something that you may not.

Tastes...differences...that's what keeps this life interesting. [Big Grin] [Cool]

Now, take $5 and go see Serenity at a matinee already. If you can keep from sharpening your verbal sword while watching it, you may find that it's quite an enjoyable movie. [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
It's not just about plotlines, it's about people, and thier interpersonal relationships. It also has some of the freshest dialogue and wit that I have seen in a long time. Not to mention a perfect cast. The actors are fantastic, and the characters are so well written and fleshed out (even if a couple got short shrifted due to the 2 hour running time). It's all about those 9 people.

Very well said Bro. I'm still green behind the gils with the whole cast of characters, but I have to agree that they are a damn cool cast to me so far. I particularly dig the whole "unspoken feelings" going back and forth between Mal and Inara. And Jayne? He is the man! A real role-model for people everywhere. [Big Grin] [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

quote:
The character of River is barefoot frequently in the series, and the character of Kaylee (the cute female mechanic) is barefoot a couple of times as well, and if I am correct in remembering, even has her bare feet in the doctors lap at one point.

You are correct my Bro...episode 14...Kaylee has her shoes off and legs crossed over Simon's lap. She eventually teases him about something he says and gives him a shove in the mouth with her foot! [Mmm] The scene was well filmed, but quick, but hey, that's what the "pause" button on DVD remotes was made for! [Big Grin]

It was also episode 14 where we get quite a few barefoot, dirty soles shots of little River wandering about the ship. Fan service twice in a single episode...gotta appreciate that! [Thumbs Up]

And BTW, Inara does get barefoot in an episode...I can't recall the exact one at the moment. Her and Mal are discussing something, and they make their way over to her couch. At which point, she crosses her legs and you can see that her feet are bare. The angle of the shot is kinda' far off for my tastes, but it's just enough to get the blood-rush kicking in when you see it. [Drool] That scene had an extension that was deleted, but thankfully is shown on the bonus disc in the box-set. Inara's bare feet are a tad more visible in the deleted scene. [Woot]

Well, I've seen all 14 episodes of Firefly, and as I suspected, I am hungry as hell for more! This series was good! Too good...and that's probably why it didn't last too long. Gems like Firefly don't last too long, yet garbage like Gilmore Girls runs on and on for years...there is no justice in this world sometimes. [Cry]

Jayne: "No way am I gettin' involved in this! Too much danger, and we ain't got nothin' t' gain!"

Mal: "They're whores."

Jayne: "I'm in..."

[Laugh] I damn near busted a rib laughing at that scene. These characters are way too cool...they just gotta make more of this show!

--------------------
Like Girls?
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links