Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Taylor Swift is OVERRATED ... Who Else Agrees? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Taylor Swift is OVERRATED ... Who Else Agrees?
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I don't know who she is. I guess my old man's classic rock radio station doesn't play too many of her songs. [Big Grin]

True ... LOL, she did team up though with one of those bands you will hear on classic rock stations....Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630891/20100131/swift__taylor.jhtml

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveWrinkles
Board Regular
Member # 38014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveWrinkles   Email LoveWrinkles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All honestly all these female chic overrated. Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Rhianna with different stupid hair do and who the hell is lady GA GA? She looks like damn freak! Sad that a lot of people worship these morons making millions because of us. I have less respect for female artist today, I'm old school and I do miss 70's and 80's music. I wish they shut down the Grammy awards, I don't even watch that crap.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish they shut down the Grammy awards, I don't even watch that crap.
absolutely. there should have been an announcement that told everyone in america that the grammys were canceled cause lovewrinkles doesnt watch it. [Laugh]

all her awards at this show shocked me too. i would understand it if it was the peoples choice or mtv awards or something, but isnt the grammys supposed to be an award from critics? is her music so good as viewed by musically educated critics? her voice is weak and thin and her music bubble gum simplistic.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not my cup of tea for the most part, but I can't say someone is overrated if they make hits and people buy their stuff. Would Michael Jackson be the King of Pop without some major money backing? Probably not...

Same thing with Avatar. It's kicking ass and taking names later, but all you hear from everyone is how overrated it is.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveWrinkles
Board Regular
Member # 38014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoveWrinkles   Email LoveWrinkles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@nusuth, "absolutely. there should have been an announcement that told everyone in america that the grammys were canceled cause lovewrinkles doesnt watch it". @ nusuth, you are so funny I forgot to laugh. I was commenting about how overrated these singers are. None of them can't even sing. If you wanna trade smart remarks let me know...
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Nusuth was right on point with that statement. He's so funny, I did laugh.

You're some old guy whose lost grip with the current state of play. Every generation someone is bound to say that music from 20 years ago was better than it is today. It happens all the time.

It happens today. In 1990, people said how the music of the 70's were better. In the 70's, they complained about how music from the 50's were better. Back then, they people said how music from the 30's were better, and further back and back we go. Now, we have to hear this from you. I bet people who are a generation older than you are will complain about how their music was better than the stuff you like. People had to have said that in generations past. It happens in sports all the time as well. Players from the past talk about how their game was better than what we see today. Players from before then talked about how THEIR style of play was better. Further back, even older players talked about how THEIR days were better. It never stops.

Times are changing, buddy. Adapt to them. I bet twenty years from now, people will talk about how TODAY's music were the "good 'ol times." C'mon, now. Give me a break, "LoveWrinkles."

By the way, I don't like Taylor Swift.

Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
nusuth, you are so funny I forgot to laugh.
wait.. people still say that? the only person i know who says that is...

OMG.... IS THIS PEEWEE HERMAN?!?! PEEWEE.. ARE YOU A FOOT FETISH GUY?!?!

ok, in all seriousness.. i was just commenting on your opinion which was that you dont watch 'that crap' so they should not air the show. thats a bit different that you dont understand contemporary music. maybe you havent really listened to new music. did you know they came out with these things that look like records but are alot smaller and silver. they're called CD's. you cant use your record player.. or phonograph as you old timers call it.. to play them. you need something called a.. CD player. dont worry, they are pretty cheap now. i bet you could skip your geritol or depends for a day or two and use the money to saved to buy one.

as for your claim that none of them can sing... thats ummm.. hmmm.. how do i say this.. thats an utterly mornonic statement to make! as much as i cant stand beyonce, that woman can really sing (if she stopped yelling for 2 minutes). oh sure, i suppose if you think eminem or blink 182 or lamb of god has some outstanding vocals, i can see how your eardrums are used to aural abuse and wouldnt understand how to handle someone who can hold a single note (in tune) for more than 2 seconds. so if that is the case, i guess there would no convincing you that people can sing really well despite the fact that you dont appreciate their kind of music.

btw, yes i would like to trade 'smart' comments. dont worry, no rush, you can take your time thinking up something better than your previous zinger. perhaps you can mine more comedy gold from peewee and come back with 'no, you!' or that childhood classic 'i'm rubber, you're glue. whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.'

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spruce314
All Pro Poster
Member # 35412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spruce314   Email Spruce314   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A&F_FootDude_05:
quote:
Originally posted by LeDaemon:
I don't know who she is. I guess my old man's classic rock radio station doesn't play too many of her songs. [Big Grin]

True ... LOL, she did team up though with one of those bands you will hear on classic rock stations....Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630891/20100131/swift__taylor.jhtml

Sometime back she did something with Def Leppard too. It was on CMT I think. Whether or not you like her, the girl has talent.
Posts: 602 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoveWrinkles
Board Regular
Member # 38014

Hey guys I'm not the only one that thinks the Grammy is waste of TV time slot. If you all like overrated crap that's your damn choice. I'm just expressing myself and if you don't like then you know the rest.
DSW
Major Player
Member # 35008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSW   Email DSW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LoveWrinkles:
Hey guys I'm not the only one that thinks the Grammy is waste of TV time slot. If you all like overrated crap that's your damn choice. I'm just expressing myself and if you don't like then you know the rest.

You're such a crybaby.

You're just some bitter old guy and now you're taking it out on people. Nusuth was absolutely right about you, Pee Wee. You're also mad that you couldn't come up with anything more clever than what he and I said in our last posts.

The argument was not if the Grammy's is a waste of time. The problem is you think EVERYONE is overrated. If that's the case, then YOU are overrated. Now go sit back on your rocking chair or be bitter about everything else.

I think you're better suited in living with the Amish, where everything and everyone brings you back to the year 1699 or something.

If you don't like that, then I'll write my name on the banana and put that banana between your jaws!

Posts: 221 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ROYALS22262
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROYALS22262   Email ROYALS22262   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taylor Swift is a pretty and grounded young woman who has appeal mostly to those aged from 5 to 25 years old. She writes her own stuff which is more than most do. She is not a great singer, but a soft gentile sweet soul. Why people feel the need to beat up on her is ridiculous. She is not hurting anyone, you don't like her stuff, don't buy it don't listen. She is more kiddie pop than country. If Country music is not your taste, that's cool, but anybody can see that stars like FAITH HILL, MARTINA MCBRIDE, SHANIA TWAIN have really good voices and real talent. Great singers to me, are not techno pop mixed nonsense over-rated b.s like LADY GAGA, BUT REAL GREATS like FRANK SINATRA, ELVIS PRESSLEY, CELINE DION, WHITNEY HOUSTON ( BEFORE HER FALL ), NAT KING COLE, BARBARA STREISAND, BONO, THOSE WERE GREAT SINGERS IN THEIR PRIME, THAT WAS REAL MUSIC!
Posts: 1914 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ROYALS22262:
Taylor Swift is a pretty and grounded young woman who has appeal mostly to those aged from 5 to 25 years old. She writes her own stuff which is more than most do. She is not a great singer, but a soft gentile sweet soul. Why people feel the need to beat up on her is ridiculous. She is not hurting anyone, you don't like her stuff, don't buy it don't listen. She is more kiddie pop than country. If Country music is not your taste, that's cool, but anybody can see that stars like FAITH HILL, MARTINA MCBRIDE, SHANIA TWAIN have really good voices and real talent. Great singers to me, are not techno pop mixed nonsense over-rated b.s like LADY GAGA, BUT REAL GREATS like FRANK SINATRA, ELVIS PRESSLEY, CELINE DION, WHITNEY HOUSTON ( BEFORE HER FALL ), NAT KING COLE, BARBARA STREISAND, BONO, THOSE WERE GREAT SINGERS IN THEIR PRIME, THAT WAS REAL MUSIC!

No Axl Rose from Guns n' Roses? LOL

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, at some point, Led Zeppelin, KISS, and Metallica were once considered "overrated". I personally don't care. I couldn't tell if a Taylor Swift song came on the radio, I don't really listen to anything that's come out in recent years. Therefore, I'm not gonna waste my time complaining about musicians in a genre of music I don't really listen to in the first place. Taylor Swift is doing the damn thing, making money, and there are plenty of people who like her music. So the hell what?
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey royals, you forgot michael jackson, he is the definition of music

but you said it salvy, taylor is living her moment. after this goes away, she probably wont ever be this big agian.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2nd. To God In Power
Hall Of Famer
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2nd. To God In Power   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too was in DISBELIEF that this Taylor Swift girl had won. I never even heard of this girl until the awards. lol And I was laughing my ass of at what Kanye did and I really don't blame him for what he did. LOL

--------------------
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being!

www.Facebook.com/AboveOmnipotence

Posts: 1315 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links