Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Anybody seen any good movies lately? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Anybody seen any good movies lately?
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with your opening comments FootLong...so many movies that are just pieces of crap.

I was a huge fan of Tron back in the '80s...so when the new movie came out...I thought how fantastic...

Saw it...and I gotta say...big time disappointment...guess they feel to modernise thing but it just sucked...no sense of mystery or wonder...just one silly thing after another...they even screwed up the wild blue & red colors!

A movie I saw from Amazon VoD was the Deliverables. Great movie...really enjoyed it...so if you like the macho 80's action flicks...I recommend it!

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hal:

This is not a new movie (in fact it is from 1992) but I just watched the brilliant "Unforgiven" a couple of days ago. I can highly recommend it!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105695/

-Hal-

Last week came back to this post before I went to the DVD store and rented out "Unforgiven". It's a one week rental and havn't gotten around to seeing it but since it goes back today + my day off... might aswel [Big Grin] Pretty good. Clint Eastwood brings this bad-ass characteristic nature to whatever character he plays.

Formula: Clint Eastwood = Legend

Unforgiven: 6.5/10

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize that the movie 300 was a remake until an old work buddy of mine said so and had it on DVD. He lent it to me "The 300 Spartans". Wasn't expecting anythin' special as effects back then (being a 1962 flick) would'nt be anywhere near todays technology. All in all I thought it would be an old fuddy-duddy movie for old folk. [Big Grin]

I was surprised and really liked the film. The characters carried the movie and the amount of people, props etc... used astonished me as today you could just hire a small group of people and with the help of CGI duplicate to fill an entire stadium, but back then...... WOW [Eek!]

The 300 Spartans: 7.5/10
 -

---

The same friend said if I liked that, I'd like "Ben Hur" (1959 flick). Rented it out, Long ass movie but same reaction as The 300 Spartans. Pretty good.

Ben Hur 8/10
 -

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

The Fourth Kind

Milla Jovovich stars in this chilling thriller based on true events. 8.5 outta 10. It's a MUST SEE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25ZUxTURis

-

---------------------

CONVICTION

Wouldn't even have touched the cover, stumbled on the trailer and thought I'd pick it up while I was at the DVD rental store. Did not regret it for one second. Far exceeded my expectations which makes this an excellent flick to watch with the missus, family members. Pretty powerful.

Rating 9 outta 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrPtr0aQx3s

-

-----------------------------------

LIMITLESS

Awesome movie. Takes your mind on a weird trip that far exceeds the limits of your thoughts.

Rating 8.5 outta 10. YOU GOTTA SEE THIS ONE [Hop]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THE_hhk1Gzc

-

--------------------

bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Limitless a couple of weeks ago, awesome movie!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not - Megamind.

Supposedly for kids (though I don't know what kids of the current generation would get jokes referring to The Karate Kid, for example). Really funny film and a decent cast.

Don't know how long it's been out, but I only just got it.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-men: First Class really surprised me. I wasn't a fan of the other X-men movies, but this one was really good.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon, I really enjoyed. I just love everything about all of the Transformers movies.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Just watched "Your Highness" with Danny McBride,James Franco and Natalie Portman. Hilarious movie!
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Battle: Los Angeles aka Battle LA

Kick ass movie. I've seen quite a few shitty alien invasion movies and this exceeded my expectations right off the bat. Connection with characters kept me into the movie makin' the action scenes a lil' more intense. Only picked up this DVD at the rental store because others looked a lil' boring or I've seen already AND this had alot of DVDs on display for rent which swayed me a bit towards it.

Battle: Los Angeles
Rating 8/10

-

--------------------

Lix Vixen
Loyal Member
Member # 43237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lix Vixen   Email Lix Vixen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you like horror? I'm a HUGE horror fan and I've seen some pretty good flicks lately.

1. Apollo 18 (4/5)
I just saw this one in the theatre. It's found footage from a 1970s mission to the Moon. Three astronauts are sent up for some benign sample collection-- or so they think. It's a slow-build, extremely tense and taut film. Lots of close attention to detail and subtle shots make it incredibly unnerving. Certainly not for everyone, but you'll like it if you enjoy the found footage genre.

2. Rec 2 (3/5)
I just got around to seeing the sequel to Rec. Honestly, I prefered Rec 1 over 2-- 1 is overall scarier, although 2 explains a lot of the weird stuff that goes on in 1. Both are worth a watch if you like found footage and/or jump scares. (I have yet to see the American remakes Quarantine 1 and 2.)

3. Let the Right One In (4/5)
Swedish film featuring a young vampire girl as she moves in to a new apartment and befriends the neighbor boy. Again, VERY slow build with lots of artsy/aesthetic shots. Not exactly "scary," but good horror and way better than Twilight. The American version (which I haven't seen) is called Let Me In.

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just saw Let Me In recently and loved it. Chloe Moretz is an awesome little actress and, although i am sure it's not as slow building as the original version, it does build nicely.

speaking of Chloe, i just saw Kick Ass this past weekend and was really surprised. i thought it was some light quirky movie a la Scott Pilgrim. it was really dark and violent. Chloe, at about 10 years old, kills about 100 people and swears like a sailor.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Just seen the movie "Warrior". Fucking AMAZING movie! Its being touted as the "Rocky" of MMA. Really great storyline as well as awesome fight scenes. I went into the movie thinking it was going to be cheesy hollywood crap such as "Never Back Down" but it surprised me by having great acting and a helluva ending. Highly recommend going to see it in theatres! I give this a 10 outtta 10 [Big Grin]
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't remember the last time i've gone out to the movies, i usually watch whatever looks good on TV

so, i guess the last movie i've seen that was good was "Con Air"

-

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw "Contagion" last Saturday night. Good flick, but not for the germaphobe.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the movie before, but I'm going to see the lion king in 3D this weekend.

we we we so excited.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links