Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Off Topic » Miscellaneous » Chris Benoit died yesterday. (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Chris Benoit died yesterday.
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
Why are you antagonizing me? Do stuntmen do this sort of thing day in, day out, travel on the road near 300 days out of the year, and consistently take a pounding every time out? I doubt it. Anyone who knows and follows pro wrestling knows about all the little ins and outs, the way guys work a match (improvise half the time) and that there are guys who are significantly better wrestlers than others (Hogan was a garbage wrestler, Bret Hart was a ring god).

And they're not as well paid as you think. They almost all have difficult times getting insurance because of their occupation. It's athletic acting, but unlike something you watch in the movies, they take risks all the damn time. In fact, about the only other business that I think is as consistently physically taxing as pro wrestling is boxing, especially at the lower end, when there's guys who fight every other week and get paid peanuts.

Honestly, pro wrestlers don't nearly as much credit as they deserve for being athletes, albeit ones who don't compete.

I couldnt have said it better myself. Yes, the outcomes are predetermined, but that doesnt mean its fake. Some stuff in wrestling is a "work" or fake, but alot of that stuff hurts. I mean, if I pick you up and throw you over the top roap, how can you fake that? Just because the outcomes are fixed, it doesnt mean the guys dont take beatings before its over. MMA is a bit different than wrestling, so you cant really compare the two. Im pressed for time right now, but if this keeps up, i will be sure to post my defense of pro wrestling. lol
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links