Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » The NHL is locking out it's players

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The NHL is locking out it's players
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sucks! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Oh well, at least I have college hockey to watch.Not to mention this could help the college hockey teams when it comes to television coverage. [Smile] [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That sucks!
I am with you on this one Ramsfan!
You never know how things like this will turn out maybe its for the better. You hope that when things like this are over things change enough to where you say " you know that might have been worth it " or in baseballs case " that was stupid ".

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not into HOCKEY at all!!!!! I can't stand the sport...However, I watched the WORLDCUP finals and enjoyed it!!!!

Am I nuts or is INTERNATIONAL hockey a better game?????

The NHL to me is like baseball.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramsfan   Email Ramsfan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:
I'm not into HOCKEY at all!!!!! I can't stand the sport...However, I watched the WORLDCUP finals and enjoyed it!!!!

I'm glad you gave it a shot Sasha. [Smile]

International rules differ from those of the NHL. This year they used NHL rules in the World Cup. But, overall I will agree that the style of play and the rules for international hockey are better. It opens up the games more and allows more scoring.

Posts: 2853 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
That sucks!
I am with you on this one Ramsfan!
You never know how things like this will turn out maybe its for the better. You hope that when things like this are over things change enough to where you say " you know that might have been worth it " or in baseballs case " that was stupid ".

I sure hope it is for the better. They need a better product. The current rules for the NHL need a change. Right now, I say the revenue sharing would be the best idea so far.
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I'm not really into hockey, I'm with you here. Hockey always a back-up sport I'll watch, and if football isn't really interesting me, I got nothing to watch!

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say beyond my family and womens feet sports is my thing. Except for baseball if 2 or more people are competing against each other I am there. I watch basketball, swimming, tennis, hockey, skeet shooting, archery, lumber jack games, wieght lifting, boxing, track, ect. ect. male or female. The only thing I dont watch is baseball.

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
femalesoles
Major Player
Member # 591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for femalesoles         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from Switzerland. (That's in Europe.)
We profite from the lockout.
Some NHL players will play in the Swiss League.
At least until the lockout is over.

Bye everyone.

--------------------
The soles are the sexiest body parts of a woman.

Posts: 188 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

quote:
Originally posted by femalesoles:
I am from Switzerland. (That's in Europe.)
We profite from the lockout.
Some NHL players will play in the Swiss League.
At least until the lockout is over.

Bye everyone.

Yep, David Aebischer has been a great goaltender from Switzerland. Maybe he'll be playing in the Swiss league.
gs3647
All Pro Poster
Member # 2418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gs3647   Email gs3647   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually do like baseball, though it's not my favorite. It's much better going to a ballgame and watching games live. It is a slow game, but it's easier to watch, in my opinion, easier to follow also.

--------------------
Elz is my favorite model, but it's a close race! Sasha, Candi, and Nikki come very close!

Posts: 652 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outback69
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outback69   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:

Well I guess everyone has their opinions... [sad]

But comparing the NHL to MLB? C'mon! There is no contest!

Play-by-play of a baseball game:

"Now the pitcher has the ball...adjusts his cap...getting ready for the pitch...oh my...now he steps back because the sun is in his eyes....scratching his ass....looking at the batter...here's the...oh no! Now the batter is calling for time...."

And so on and so on....Watching a baseball game is like slowly carving your eyes out with a dull razor...painful and not really entertaining...

If you know the rules of hockey, (yes some need changing) and wait until the season winds down and the playoffs begin you actually see some great play!

Guys play with broken fingers, ankles, shoulders, etc. just like football players, and I do watch the occasional NFL game but I don't know enough about it to actually bet on a game...

But I see your point, and I'm already reserved to the fact the NHL will never be taken seriously in the U.S. outside of the original six cities and a handful more....I'm okay with that....

Once they figure out that no one in any sport is worth 100 million dollars and that players really shouldn't make more than owners, then all will be well and fine with this great sport.

Then we can take the league out of such hockey "hotbeds" as Phoenix, Florida & Carolina, get a better quality product on the ice, give it back to fans who appreciate it for what it is, and not worry about whether or not it's broadcast on NBC or ESPN2 right after the World Championships of Poker (which BTW garnered more of a U.S. audience than the World Cup final) and get on with life, accepting the fact that it isn't for everyone...

My apologies to those people in the places mentioned above who actually do follow and cheer lustily for the Tampa Bays of the world...I'm not pigeon-holing anyone, just the overall impression that I get when I talk to people outside of Canada about this sport....

Out.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2030 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramsfan
The Legend
Member # 1996

Canada and Minnesota are the most die hard fans of hockey! [Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up]

We have kids that learn how to skate at the age of 4 here!

I agree with you on some of the stuff you said Outback69 [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links