Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » MNFootball Moves To ESPN!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MNFootball Moves To ESPN!!!
2spy
Football Guru
Member # 1528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2spy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think of that?

The NFL's ``Monday Night Football,'' a hallmark of television sports programming since the days of Howard Cosell, is leaving ABC after 35 years for ESPN starting with the 2006 season.

The Monday night move to basic cable, which includes an earlier start time of 8:40 p.m. eastern, is expected to cost ESPN $1.1 billion over eight years, two sources familiar with the deals told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity

The NFL's new broadcast deal also brings football back to NBC for the first time in six years. NBC will take over the Sunday night games previously broadcast on ESPN, and plans to use a flexible scheduling model that ensures meaningful games will played in that slot late in the season.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yates   Email Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can handle that. There were plenty of times that our local ABC affiliate would interrupt a game because of some silly show or breaking news.

Dont interrupt my sports unless there is a bomb heading our way!!!!!! [Mad]

Posts: 500 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wu II - Phil
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wu II - Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see who will call the games on ESPN. Will Madden move to NBC or will the guys already on ESPN be out of a job?

--------------------
www.wusfeetlinks.com

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yates
All Pro Poster
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yates   Email Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good question.

I would assume that the crew from ABC will go over to ESPN and the crew from Sunday nights will go over to NBC.

Tell the truth, I hope they dump Madden all together. I'm not sure what it is about him, talks to much or something but I can't stand him.

Whom ever is going to call the games, it'll diffenetly be better a better broadcast than on ABC. I just hate to see NBC getting the sunday night games.

Posts: 500 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2spy
Football Guru
Member # 1528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2spy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disney owns both ESPN and ABC. I don't know what they will do. Al Michaels has been an ABC guy for as long as I can remember. As wu said, It will be interesting.
Posts: 1366 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hott3028
Elite Trooper
Member # 3839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hott3028   Email hott3028       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BIG MISTAKE.

ABC thinks that with DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES they are back on top. They probably will skew Monday nights to women or 18-25 year olds. They forget that MNF is the only show that has kept ABC afloat for decades.

The regular sports fan wont notice. I think that they will reconsider this before the season starts, The NFL doesn't give a fuck because they get paid either way. Disney will regret the decision because they wont be able to charge advertisers as much on cable.

Look for it to return to ABC in '07. Unless FOX (who is also trying to put together a National sports network, not the regional FSN's) to make a play for Monday Night Football when the contract is up.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a big mistake at all.Sunday night football is kicking the shit outta Monday night football in the rateings...NBC wins in this one..

Football is marketing towards more prime time games on the weekends. The last seven weeks of the season you will see key match-upds on Fri and Sat nights starting in 2006.THAT ROCKS!

FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2spy
Football Guru
Member # 1528

quote:
Originally posted by Sasha:

FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!

Just How I Feel---Sasha' Your My Kind-- [Woot]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links