Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Im a Texans fan no more. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Im a Texans fan no more.
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck the Texans. All we needed was some excitement in the team. No one cared that we had gaping holes in the defense. All we neede was a face to the team. How LT is to the Chargers, Mcnabb is to the Eagles, Brady is to the Patriots, Smith is to the Panthers, Alexander is to the Seahawks, Manning is to the Colts....we just needed one. Bush or Young would have worked. I dont want David FUCKING Carr as the face of my team. But he still is. We have passed on Reggie and are taking Mario Williams. We are the worst team in the league and deservedly so. I denounce the Texans as my team. I live in Houston, but Im going to find some other team to root for. Cowboys maybe. Argh.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with everything you said

this is why the texans have been a joke since they were created, poor management and I don't care if mario is the next reggie white

I can't iamgine how disappointed houston people are after not only losing out on bush but hometown hero vince young

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mystik   Email mystik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are. It was like getting punched in the stomach after just getting up from an ass whooping. Ive been listening to sports radio for about 3 hours and its been nothing but Texans fans feeling dejected. It was such a terrible feeling. We had two or three people we could have picked to breathe some excitement into this team. I would have bought a Bush jersey instantly...but now we dont. People are calling in and the reaction is the same: "Wow. Just wow...this is a joke. It cant be true" I felt excited and happy he was coming here. I felt excited about the team. And the GM comes on the radio arrogantly and says "defense wins championships". I feel SAD. Not pissed, not upset, not angry, but straight up SAD. The Astros get swept out of the World Series, the Texans finish with the worst record in the league, the Rockets had an injury ridden season and now...the silver lining known as Bush is gone. What a shitty year for Houston sports. Done ranting for now...
Posts: 779 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey i got an Idea..let's bring back Dan Marino..LMAO! "Hey c'mon old man! get off the field!Even the grass is growing faster than you!" LOL

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18311 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elijah
Board Regular
Member # 7495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elijah   Email elijah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystik I understand how you'd be upset but with that offensive line the Texans have you wouldve been lucky to have Bush get 600 yds his first season.Reggie is a finesse back and putting him behind an offensive line that got David Carr sacked 4329452887 times last year just wouldn't of worked.With that said even though Mario Williams is a hell of a player and will probaly be the next Julius Peppers,the Texans shouldve traded down and selected D'brickashaw Ferguson.That way they wouldve had a anchor on there offensive line for the next 13 or so years as well as picking up a extra 3rd or 4th round pick.
Posts: 41 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elijah
Board Regular
Member # 7495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elijah   Email elijah   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ya and GO BUCS hehe.
Posts: 41 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Nah, we've already started working on that. Bush would have helped this franchise beyond all belief. I would have bought tickets. I would have bought a jersey. I would have bought merchandise? And now? Well I'm still deciding on which team to settle with. The ex-Oilers, the Titans, or the Cowboys slightly north of here. It's not that im a disloyal fan. I love the Stros and I love the Rockets. But this is the last fucking straw with these morons. They can't keep dicking around with the city like this, getting all of our hopes up for nothing. It was such an easy decision, one that not even the Texans could blow. But they did. I dont hate Mario Williams, Im sure hes a good player. Just like Julius Peppers is a good player. But people dont go to Panthers games to see Peppers. They go to see Steve Smith. They go to someone electrifying, that can make a play at any second. This fucking sucks.
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Needs vs. Wants:

Needs: Offense sales tickets and bring excitement, but defense wins championships. I understand your emotion, but Houston really needs an O-line to block. I am the biggest Cowboy fan around, but I know we need a strong offensive line to hold/make the blocks and a lights out defense to return to NFL dominance.

Wants: You only have a Reggie Bush type coming out of college once in the blue moon and Houston had their chance, but they know what they really need.

Needs vs. Wants, make a decision.

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

You know what? The Portland Trailblazer REALLY needed a center back in 85. They really did. So there they were at number 2. Olajuwon had been taken, so they see some dude Michael Jordan who was supposed to be a really good guard, and some other guy Sam Bowie. They go with the need. They needed a center, not a guard. And its a good thing that they did too. After all Sam Bowie is the greatest basketball player ever and Michael Jordan had nothing but an injury plagued career his whole life........right?
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mystik:
You know what? The Portland Trailblazer REALLY needed a center back in 85. They really did. So there they were at number 2. Olajuwon had been taken, so they see some dude Michael Jordan who was supposed to be a really good guard, and some other guy Sam Bowie. They go with the need. They needed a center, not a guard. And its a good thing that they did too. After all Sam Bowie is the greatest basketball player ever and Michael Jordan had nothing but an injury plagued career his whole life........right?

I hear ya, Mystik [Thumbs Up] . I understand your point. May be Houston should have read up on a little sport history (i.e. the Portland Trailblazer deal above is a classic example; Seattle Seahawks originally drafted Tony Dorsett, but traded him to Dallas for needs and Dallas won a Super bowl; and Dallas traded Herschel Walker to Minnesota Vikings for a lot of picks/linemen and Dallas went right on to win two Super Bowls back to back in the 90s.) to make a wise decision. If I were the Houston GM I would have drafted Reggie Bush or Vince Young for my team because both men have proven they are winners and they would have filled the stadium, but Houston knows what they are doing... we shall see.

[ May 02, 2006, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Footman9 ]

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mystik
All Pro Poster
Member # 1420

Problem with the Texans is that they are terrible decision makers. They have not had one successful season in the history of the franchise, and they think that they know football. Charlie Casserly thinks that Mario Williams is a better football player than Reggie Bush. Reason for this was because they played copycat to what the Colts did in the offseason. Kept Freeney and released Edgerrin. It was stupid reasoning. Defense wins championships right? Well tell that to Tom Brady and the Pats, the countless times hes needed playmakers to march them down the field for game winning drives. Bush was that X factor that takes a team to a completely different level. And we blew it.
elijah
Board Regular
Member # 7495

The Pats defense is responsible for those championships Mystick,having Brady didn't hurt but when they won there championships without a dominant running back or wide reciever.Same with the Steelers,Bucs and Ravens.See how far an awesome offense has gotten the Chiefs or the Colts before they finally stepped there D up last season.
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the NFL made the pick for them.

Reggie in Houston helps nobody but Reggie in a rebuilding New Orleans as the face of the team helps a lot of people.

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhbdz17
All Pro Poster
Member # 2492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rhbdz17   Email rhbdz17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Texans blow, but you have a killer girl, so life can't be too bad.

Let me know when you want to play poker again.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soleluvr19
Board Regular
Member # 10487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soleluvr19   Email Soleluvr19   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that the decision was made mainly because they didn't want to give Reggie Bush all that guarantee money. Every football fan would love to have Reggie Bush because he has the potential to be a franchise player plus he works out with LT of the Chargers. That tells me he is trying to get prepared for the long NFL season. The Chargers drafted LT for the 1st pick overall they have a great offense but they have no success in playoffs. In my opinion you have to start with the trenches with the DL/OL to build a championship team. The Texans had the second worst overall defense in the NFL last year " http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2005" that is why the pick Mario Williams plus it was a safe pick. The bottom line it was about the money and the needs.
Posts: 44 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links