Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Boxing fans?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boxing fans?
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious if there are any boxing and MMA fans around these boards, 'cause I'd definitely love to talk the sweet science and the new science with any of them.

Anyway, March 17 is the first huge fight of the year. After years of speculation, Juan Manuel Marquez is finally going to meet the great Marco Antonio Barrera in the ring. I can't see anything but a great fight here. Both of them are very technically proficient and both of them won't shy away from a potential brawl. Really, it's the biggest Mexican fight so far of the year (with all due respect to the much anticipated FOTY-worthy showdown between Israel Vasquez and Rafael Marquez) and the biggest Mexican fight since Barrera/Morales III. For the record, I think Marquez comes into the fight extremely hungry, and while the fight could go either way, I think Marquez pulls out the win, winning the WBC Jr. Lightweight title, and setting up a potential superfight (and rematch of their controversial draw) with Manny Pacquiao. That is, of course, if Top Rank and Golden Boy get things handled with Pacman, and begin doing business with each other. If Pacquiao fights another titlist first, it'll probably be WBA champion Edwin Valero first, and both him and Pacquiao are huge punchers. Most likely, the winner of this fight (probably Pacquiao, the more experienced and well-rounded of the two) could find themselves in a huge unification bout with whoever the WBC champ (because if Barrera wins, then a Pacquiao/Barrera rematch is definitely something both parties are interested). Damn, I'm so excited about this fight, Jr. Lightweight is one of the top 3 most exciting weight classes right now (with Welterweight and Middleweight).

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links