Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » NHL 2008-2009 Predictions (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NHL 2008-2009 Predictions
shook
All Pro Poster
Member # 12484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shook   Author's Homepage   Email shook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey again, This year is going to be different.. The leafs will win the cup!!!

...completely joking [Cry]

Anyway, I'm picking

Pittsburg
Detroit
Ottawa
Montreal
Toronto

I think at least 3 of these teams will make the playoffs and hopefully one of them will win

--------------------
Girls In Socks - Forum

Posts: 842 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!

our young stars can only get better, if this team doesn't win a cup in the next 3 years it will be shocking

the wings are stacked but the players are in their prime, they aren't getting any better

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soft sole lover
Major Player
Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soft sole lover   Email soft sole lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the stars will be pretty strong, and who doesn't like the red wings again. Once again the power is out in the west [Cry]
Posts: 239 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buffalo
montreal
detroit
toronto
san jose

Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shook
All Pro Poster
Member # 12484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shook   Author's Homepage   Email shook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it'll be interested to see what happens with our picks, the regular seasons starts reaaal soon [Big Grin]

--------------------
Girls In Socks - Forum

Posts: 842 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habs all the fucking way this year...we bent the leafs over and raped them anally without lube last night!! 6-1!! If we get solid goaltending again no one can match our speed except the Pens...but you take out one of their guys be it Malkin or Crosby the rest just fall apart because they have no one to pass to that can go end to end...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Habs all the fucking way this year...we bent the leafs over and raped them anally without lube last night!! 6-1!! If we get solid goaltending again no one can match our speed except the Pens...but you take out one of their guys be it Malkin or Crosby the rest just fall apart because they have no one to pass to that can go end to end...

we played about 30 games without crosby last year and still finished 2nd in the east by about 2 points

hossa only played in about 8 regular season games and contributed little

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Leafs fan, and after they looked great opening night against the Wings, that game against MTL was hard to take. Losing sucks, but sometimes it can't be helped. What I find more frustrating than anything is that now they don't even have a tough guy in the lineup so they're not only losing, but losing like pussies. With Laraque out of the lineup the Leafs should have been starting fights all over the ice in the third period Saturday night. I'm prepared for a long season with hopes they can grab one of the final couple of playoff spots, then who knows what could happen. I'm also hoping they'll sign a tough guy to give me something to cheer about on nights like Saturday and allow for some of the younger finesse guys the room to develop comfortably.

Montreal will be better now they've added some muscle, as they were good last year, but they were too small and easy to push around in a long series. They seemed to have solved that problem this season. Rangers look tough so far and this could be a break through year for Washington as well. I still think the Pens however are the going to be the best team in the East.

I'm picking Pittsburgh to go all the way this year. Satan seems to filling the void Hossa left nicely, and Crosby, Malkin and Fleury are all a year older and have last years experience under their belt which should only make them that much better. If the Pens can keep this team together, they have all the makings of a dynasty team.

Out West it's going to be a dogfight again all year. Nearly every team in the west is good and they all play a more old school, hard hitting, rougher and more entertaning style of hockey it seems. Hoepfully that'll take it's toll on Detroit who I fucking hate and they'll make an early playoff exit like they had done in the previous few years prior to their cup run last season. That Calgary-Vancouver game Saturday night was awesome. If every game in the NHL was like that one ratings would be through the roof. In the West I'd pick the Ducks and San Jose as my front runners, and I think Edmonton will have a bit of a break out year and make the playoffs.

For a prediction, I'm going with Pittsburgh over Anaheim to take the 2009 Stanley Cup.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Im more concerned with Buffalo then Pens anyday...Pens will choke or throw games like they did last season, you won't see the Sabres doing that. Not to mention the wins already for Buffalo were convincing.
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Im more concerned with Buffalo then Pens anyday...Pens will choke or throw games like they did last season, you won't see the Sabres doing that. Not to mention the wins already for Buffalo were convincing.

and what games did they "choke or throw"?

buffalo didn't even make playoffs last year and we're only 3-4 games into the season

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

bluetoelover
unregistered

Everyone knows that the Pens threw a game or two to get the easier opponent in the first round and let Montreal take first... looking back on the last comment you are right Mike..Buffalo aint much..either way its gonna be a tough call in the East. I find watching the East more entertaining anyhow...
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

quote:
Everyone knows that the Pens threw a game or two to get the easier opponent in the first round and let Montreal take first...

i don't think so, besides i don't know why they would've wanted to play ottawa who has had our number for a long time

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first game against the leafs was a hard fought loss but then again, it's the first game. This will tell you nothing. The Leafs started out hot last year and look what happened to them later. I'm pulling for my Wings but nothing is set in stone. The biggest issue I have with hardcore sports fans and "experts" is they think they know everything. Barry Melrose thought the Wings were going to get stomped by the Avalanche last year and we swept them. I say let's close this discussion down and restart it in March. That way, we'll actually have something substantial to go on.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARCHangel85
Loyal Member
Member # 27988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARCHangel85   Email ARCHangel85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 3 words for all of u...NEW YORK RANGERS!!!
They are 6-1 now. Best record in the league. EAT IT, ISLANDER FANS!!! HAHA!!!

Posts: 83 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatpat
Elite Trooper
Member # 4256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a long suffering Islanders fan so thanks to the Leafs we hopefully won't be finishing last in the Eastern Conference this season
Posts: 296 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links