Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » world series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: world series
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who is goin to win the world series this year. i have the angels playin the phillies and the angels winning it 4-1.
Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dodgers, 4-3 over the Angels.

Yeah, seriously. Yeah, I know I'm a diehard, fanatical Dodger fan. Yeah, I know it's irrational to think my Dodgers can beat the powerful Cubs and the powerful Angels in the same postseason. I don't care.

Dodgers. WAR Dodgers. Manny is your God. Ethier is his prophet.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to remind everyone:
 -

If you hate the Dodgers, you hate feet, America, and puppies.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cpf11112
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look who is in command of the series
 -

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few months back, I posted a topic asking if baseball needed a salary cap? This World Series has shown why my argument for why baseball does not need a salary cap.

Since 1999, 15 of the 30 teams have made the World Series. That's exactly half. Baseball without the cap has worked. One of the 15 was the Tampa Bay Rays. Can anyone guess what their payroll was this year? Anyone?

I'll tell you: $43,820,598. That placed them 29th of the 30 teams in terms of team payroll. They are the lowest ranked teams in terms of payroll to ever reach the World Series in MLB history. Meanwhile, the Yankees in first with a payroll of $191,001,579 didn't reach the playoffs.

The Phillies are world champions. Too bad they won't become a dynasty. The National League Eastern Division won't see a dynasty emerge for a while.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the rays were a flash in the pan like every other low payroll team

the high payroll teams have a chance every year

it needs a cap

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ffan
All Pro Poster
Member # 32113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ffan   Email ffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm from Philly. I read somewhere that we are the largest tv market in the country that only has one major league baseball team. New York, Chicago'and LA each have two teams. The Phillies are the second oldest team in baseball behind I think only Cinncinati. In all that time they have won only two world titles-this year & 1980. A major part of the reason is the owners would not spend the money. In the meantime such newcomers as the Florida Marlins won two titles. They then proceded to sell off all the big money stars both times. The Mets with the largest payroll in the NL folded the past two Septembers. The Red Sox could not beat the Rays in either the regular season or the playoffs. The Yankees did not even make the playoffs. I guess the point I'm trying to make here is baseball is a team sport. You can buy all the top players but if you don't play as a team you do not win championships. It almost seems as though salary does not matter in the end. Certain team owners need a cap to protect them from themselves. Otherwise they would ( and some have) spend millions on selfish players that in reality don't care about winning as long as they are making more money than they can spend.
Posts: 779 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Actually, the Braves (originally the Boston Red Stockings) and the Cubs (as the Chicago White Stockings) are the two oldest teams in baseball, but the Phillies came about not too long after the first two.

And you're absolutely right about the way teams are built. Just because you can spend all sorts of money to build a team of nothing but established, high-priced stars, it doesn't mean you will win. The Rays and Phillies are two examples of that. Whereas the Rays have a team of mostly kids on their way to becoming stars, the Phillies have a team of a bunch of kids who've already established themselves as stars (Rollins, Howard, Utley, and Hamels in particular).

Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on their way to being stars and playing for the yankees or red sox lol

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
Actually, the Braves (originally the Boston Red Stockings) and the Cubs (as the Chicago White Stockings) are the two oldest teams in baseball, but the Phillies came about not too long after the first two.

i've always wondered how the white stockings became the cubs, while chicago has the white sox

wikipedia time, lol

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

hahaha i think somebody hacked mona's account

--------------------
quote:
posted by Andy - Laa:

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links