Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Which Sport Would You Choose?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Sport Would You Choose?
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a fun question for everyone:

Would you rather be a member of a world championship sports team or to be the champion of an individual sport?

Which sport would you choose?

For me, it'll be the sports team. My sport of choice: Baseball. Third baseman, to be exact. I love baseball more than any other sport. It's a game, I feel, that professional athletes from other sports will have the hardest time mastering. I think a baseball player will not have such a hard time playing basketball, or hockey, or football. I'm not saying that they'll master those sports. I just think it will be a much harder transition for an athlete from another sport to adapt to baseball.

As a matter of fact, that's why I named myself National in the first place. It's because I prefer the National League over the American League style of play. The National League is what started professional baseball and it reminds the fans where the original roots of the game's history came into place.

--National

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing would be better than being heavyweight champion of the world

the glory and fame is all yours and everybody knows you can kick their ass

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American football. Bloody brilliant game.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drunk_24-7
The Legend
Member # 21781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drunk_24-7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Michael P. When you're the heavyweight champion you're basically universally recignized as the toughest man in the world which instantly gives you the respect of everyone around you. Add to that the fact that it comes with money, fame and glory and you've basically got it all. It makes you the man amoung your friends, because nobody wants to fuck with you and everyone wants to be on our side and have you in their corner. You're rich and famous and probably in great shape which means you'll have your pic with the ladies. Plus all the money you make is going to allow you to afford the finer things in life, nice homes, cars, trips, toys, and so on. The only down side is that when your run ends it can be a pretty hard fall from grace and all the leeches who let on they love you will be quick to move onto the next flavour of the month.

It's a pretty profound thing to ponder actually. On a team sport, if you capture the championship, those become memories that you and your teammates will be able to hold onto forever and they could never be tarnished or tainted by anything life could throw at you no matter if you were the best player on the team or in more of a journeyman role, if you capture that championship you've made it and can charish that moment forver.

If I could pick a team sport to win a championship with it would definatly be hockey and to capture the Stanley Cup would be awesome. I think I'd even prefer that to being a champion in boxing because the heavyweight division in boxing has become such a mess and such a joke that the glory may no longer exceed the darkside of the sport that chews boxers up, the number it does on their bodies robs them of their long term health and the greed and deceat can often put a damper on their wealth. I would go with MMA. To be Heavyweight champion in that sport is to be the man.

You're a more well rounded fighter than a boxer and could kick any boxers ass in a street fight if push came to shove. You're going to make alot of money and chances are you'll get a chance to enjoy the money because the training needed will help you live long and healthy and the mental disapline needed will keep you of sound mind, which is especially important in helping someone handle a whole new world that includes fame and fortune. In my opinion Brock Lesnar and Fedor Emelianenko have got it made right now and are living a life that I think has gotta be pretty damn awesome.

--------------------
I Love My Sweet Angel Shawna

http://Drunk24-7.tumblr.com/

Posts: 2854 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bigmuthatrucker
Loyal Member
Member # 34358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigmuthatrucker   Email Bigmuthatrucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i disagree with your 1st paragraph Drunk24-7 with being the champion you are only the most famous bad ass there would probley be a man or woman tougher than you but just has not had the chance to be known publicly.

I would be the team champion because you would get to be known with others who helped to become the greatest team in the world. The sport would be American Football

Posts: 82 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I had the opportunity to be a team champion, then hands down, I'd either wanna be a Stanley Cup Champion or a World Cup Champion. With the World Cup, not only are you considered the best in the world for 4 years, but you're doing it for your country, on the biggest stage imaginable. The honor would be immense. However, with the Stanley Cup, you're the recipient of arguably the greatest single trophy in all of sports, the one with the most tradition, superstition, and mystique.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been into martial arts. One on one combat to see who's better has always been exciting to me. Ever since I started taekwondo when I was 12, I've enjoyed fighting anyone, no matter how much bigger or older. I like playing team sports, like basketball but fighting is my thing.

I'd rather be an mma, k-1 or martial arts champion.

Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elvzz
Hall Of Famer
Member # 14178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elvzz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to bring prominence back to the Welterweight division.

But I am a hockey and football fan for team sports...World Cup 2010 South Africa. The rest of the team sports are filled with high priced babies...if you have to carry a gun you obviously cant defend yourself...The average man can cover 15 feet per second - by the time you try to pop open your holster I am on top of you and probably grabbed a chica on the way out.

I don't fight I finish - I was in madrid and some ding dong was cursing me out in spanish, before he knew it he was cursing out the people trying to help him up. I was in bed by then...

--------------------
 -
http://www.sexylongtoes.com
http://clips4sale.com/store/4445
http://images4sale.com/store/4445

Posts: 1704 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Five For Feet
All Pro Poster
Member # 33596

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five For Feet   Email Five For Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big fan of team sports like (American) football and basketball, but my answer to your question would be an individual sport. There are members of team championships who did not have nearly the impact on actually winning the championship than the better players on the team, or at least the ones in more key roles i.e., your starters. Not saying all members don't deserve it, but obviously Kobe Bryant was more responsible for winning it than the guy on the end of the bench.

In golf or tennis, if you win a championship, YOU win it. You also have no one else to blame for losing it (see Greg Norman or Jean Van de Veld) I was fortunate enough to have been a starter on a state championship team in high school, and I'm very proud of that. But they, no doubt, would have won it without me. One of the things I've fantasized about since I was a kid (besides sucking my neighbor's wife's toes), is winning Wimbledon.

--------------------
FFF

Posts: 885 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bigmuthatrucker:
i disagree with your 1st paragraph Drunk24-7 with being the champion you are only the most famous bad ass there would probley be a man or woman tougher than you but just has not had the chance to be known publicly.

Agreed, for example, the fighters in UFC would kick the fucking ASS off of any boxer you throw at them. Boxing is a discipline and a very hard one, but it's so exact that it has many weaknesses, an obvious one is that most boxers will keep it a clean fight (I'm talking out of the ring) and will not think of kicking to keep an attacker at bay.

UFC fighting is that you are trained in more than one style of martial art, and so you can combine the strengths of all of the arts you know to produce a totally original (unpredictable) and almost impenetrable form.

That's what Bruce Lee did and look at what he was considered to be. He is STILL considered (certainly by me, but a vast majority of the world too) to be the best unarmed fighter the world has seen. The martial style he developed was that of Jeet Kune-Do and the major advantage of this was it wasn't as disciplined as Karate; it was more realistic and had practical uses with an attacker at night (or multiple) as opposed to JUST in the ring, which boxers would be restricted to.

He also maintained the PERFECT balance between power:speed ratio. He found that when he was absolutely ripped, his speed suffered and he was an imbalanced fighter thus creating a weak spot one could take advantage of, were they faster than him. So he kept an incredibly fine line between theose two aspects.

...when Chuck Norris says, "Yeah he could kick my ass"...you know he's the best [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Bigmuthatrucker:
I would be the team champion because you would get to be known with others who helped to become the greatest team in the world. The sport would be American Football

You speak a lot of truths, BMT [Smile]

[ August 06, 2009, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Andy-Laa ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam X
The Legend
Member # 2872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam X   Email Adam X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either a Super Bowl champion with the Steelers or and I know it's fixed and all good stuff but ECW world champion anywhere between 1994 and 2001.

--------------------
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!

Posts: 2809 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adam X:
ECW world champion anywhere between 1994 and 1998.

fix'd that for ya [Wink]
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danielle Moore
All Pro Poster
Member # 34633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danielle Moore   Author's Homepage   Email Danielle Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it would be Women's Hockey playing on Team Canada for the Gold during the winter Olympics.

I would choose the NHL but the guys couldn't keep up with me.....HA!

Dani
xoxo

--------------------
Danielle Moore
 -
http://clips4sale.com/store/27677
http://images4sale.com/store/27677
http://executivefeet.c4slive.com/index.php

Posts: 835 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swman
Elite Trooper
Member # 11682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swman   Email swman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicago bears Superbowl team! (a guy can dream)

--------------------
Chicago White Sox; Southside till I die

Posts: 432 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
honestly, if i was that good at any sport, i wouldnt be mad either way. but just being a NY Yankee, win or lose, is only a good thing

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links