Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Mayweather/ Pacquiao

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mayweather/ Pacquiao
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's you guys' predictions on this. Will they ever fight? Who wins and how? Has your opinion changed after seeing Mayweather pick Mosley apart after the scare in the second round?

Discuss. [Smile]

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mosley stopped fighting after the 2nd round, and allowed Mayweather to do his thing. Props to Mayweather for having a hand in doing that, but I think Mosley has himself to blame more than anything. He just stopped throwing punches. Something Pacquiao won't do, plus he hits as hard and is probably faster than Mayweather. You stand in front of Pacquiao long enough, and he will lay you out. You need a large amount of warrior in you to beat Pacquiao, something guys like Morales and Marquez had in spades. I don't think Mayweather has it in him to engage in a sustained firefight. But we'll see.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-cfg-
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -cfg-   Email -cfg-   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOPEFULLY we'll get to see. I think Pac for sure has the power to hurt Mayweather pretty bad if he can get through his defense. Imo Mayweather is the much faster fighter though. Comparing what you said about 'warrior' I think a fighter would also need it in spades to beat Mayweather as well. Certainly Pac has that as well so it will be a dream fight if they can get the terms settled.

--------------------
KLTPZYXM (kil-tip-ZEE-zim)

Posts: 1107 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You simply have to accept the fact that you'll get hit and keep going forward against Mayweather. Everyone gets hit by him a few times, and they stop punching or get frazzled. Guy doesn't even hit that hard, he can make you feel a punch, but damn, nothing like if Cotto or Pacquiao nailed you flush.

I think Pacquiao is as fast as Mayweather, at the very least, if not faster, and Mayweather has never faced anyone with even remotely that kind of speed. Mosley seemed so much slower than I've always seen him, but of course, age has something to do with that too.

Pacquiao will be in his face all night long throwing hard punches from all angles. Unless Mayweather mans up and fights him, he's gonna lose if he sits back and pot shots. Pacquiao's just gonna outwork him, similar to the way Calzaghe outworked Hopkins. Sure, Mayweather will get his shots in, but Pacquiao would be landing like 30 out of 90 punches while Mayweather lands something like 14 out 40.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the one fight I'd pay to view. Too bad "red tape" will prevent it from happening.

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eff
All Pro Poster
Member # 11277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eff   Email eff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something wasnt right with Mosley during his fight with Mayweather.

Either he overtrained, remember he was supposed to fight Berto, or his age has finally caught up with him.
There was no excuse for him to let Floyd back into that fight. The Sugar Shane that I remember would have kept the pressure on him for at least another 4 or 5 rounds.
Mosley put up more of a fight after Forrest floored him than he did after HE hurt Mayweather.

Dont understand what happened there. [Confused]

Mayweather did show me that hes not gonna quit just because he gets caught though and I didnt think he had that in him.
Props to Mayweather. [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 949 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links