Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » The World Cup (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The World Cup
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be it soccer or football, it's that time again, time for the world to temporarily stop and watch 736 men try and win the greatest prize in international team sport. I'm posting this right after the awesome South Africa-Mexico opener, and we've already got a goal of the tournament candidate from the game's opening goal.

At any rate, asides from the United States (naturally, it's my country), the other country I'm really rooting for is Honduras, my fellow Central Americans, though I understand they've got little chance of moving on. Anyway, hearing it from me, I'm picking Spain to win the whole thing, either David Villa or Fernando Torres will win the Golden Boot for top scorer, and England will not get past the quarters.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forced2smelll
Board Regular
Member # 34874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced2smelll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i cant wait till they get spanked next week!!
Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!! AR-GEN-TINA!!!
Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spain really took it on the chin earlier from Switzerland. I feel surprised, and yet not surprised at the same time.

The next match with the hosts and Uruguay should be good, if Diego Forlan and Luis Suarez (not sure why I said Abreu, must have been confused) get some opportunities. The commentators made a big deal about them before the match with France...and it was a 0-0 tie.

EDIT: Well, Uruguay ended up popping the hosts in the mouth, 3-0. Can't say I was expecting that. But my guy Diego Forlan came up huge. Tomorrow looks good as well; Argentina's up against South Korea, and France plays Mexico.

[ June 16, 2010, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, so much for my pick. Spain can still turn it around, but I see something there that I really should have remembered going back to when they lost to the U.S. last year in the Confederations Cup, and also something I noticed when Barcelona lost to Inter this year in the Champions League (which I only bring up because it seems half the Spanish side play for Barcelona)....but they have a really hard time playing from behind. They simply don't know what to do. Spain is the best team in the world when they're in the lead, but in a pressure situation like that, they panic. Not good, especially when there's Brazil, who've repeatedly shown how well they play when they're behind and in other pressure situations.

With that said, two potentially great games todays: Argentina vs. South Korea and France vs. Mexico. The winner of the first game should win the group.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured that the way Spain relentlessly attacked, they'd get lucky at least once and score the tying goal. The Swiss defense had some big onions.

I didn't see much of the first two games today. Looks like Argentina put a beatdown on South Korea, and Nigeria had a red card that essentially turned the game in Greece's favor. Disappointing, because I thought the Nigerians would have beaten Greece handily.

I'm hoping Mexico wins. If they do, the final group match against Uruguay should be spectacular.

EDIT: 2-0 Mexico! That leaves France pretty much SOL as far as advancing goes.

It dawned on me over the last few minutes that since Mexico and Uruguay are pretty much guaranteed to advance, they'll probably be playing for the draw. Maybe we'll get lucky anyway and see something noteworthy.

[ June 17, 2010, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

This whole thing is wide open. Germany just lost to Serbia after the referee sent of Klose in the first half. If Ghana beats Australia tomorrow, they'll pretty much go through.

I was conflicted about Mexico-France game. As a Salvadoran American, I can never cheer for Mexico, it'd be like cheering for the Giants (I'm a Dodger fan). However, considering I was also raised Irish, I don't really want France to do well. In the end, the ancient enmity that I have for Mexico prevailed, so I was disappointed in the game. South Africa can beat France, but they have to play the game of their lives. Hopefully, Uruguay and Mexico don't pull a Germany-Austria '82.

Let's see, England should smash Algeria today, and the U.S. need to win. We need to come out, go forward, and kick ass.

combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

That's amazing, especially after Germany's result in the first match.

One of my grandfathers was from Mexico, so that's my "connection", I guess.

I'd really like to see England lose. I don't think it'll happen, but it'd be nice.

One thing I noticed about the US team: the defense blows! They let Birsa go right in the kitchen and do whatever the hell he wanted. The European sides I've seen have looked so much more disciplined on both ends, whereas our guys are running around like chickens sans heads on defense and acting undisciplined on offense. It's a bit difficult to believe there were expectations of this team getting out of the group. Not impossible, but difficult.

[ June 18, 2010, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

You know, I'm just gonna stop making predictions, I'm way off. The defense is really bad, and with Torres being such a liability....well, there's still 45 minutes left to play.
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Two great chances wasted near the end of the first half, and they went down 2-0. Terrible.

Donovan got us back into it with a nice shot. But is he really the best player this country has put out?

EDIT: 2-2! SNAP! They have to keep this up now.

[ June 18, 2010, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: combine_hunter ]

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Fuck that referee, that's all I have to say right now.
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Yeah, that's understandable. He was inexcusably bad; I could recognize that without even being much of a soccer fan.

Edu's goal should have been allowed, and we should be leading the group. Now we're up against it, unless by some miracle England and Algeria tie.

Mona
Foot Model
Member # 8351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mona   Email Mona   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
Fuck that referee, that's all I have to say right now.

Completely Robbed

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 1120 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

[Laugh]

Well, I was wrong. No miracles necessary; England just looked like dog crap. So much for that myth about Algeria being the weak link in Group C. I don't think the US can expect a walkover in the last group match, by any means.

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

We need to come out and attack like motherfuckers against Algeria. They've got no real finishers, we need to take it right to them and attack before we decide to sit back, defend, and counter after we've got a couple of goals in the bag. It's crazy how good we are when we go forward.

We need to start Edu in the middle with Bradley and let Bradley go box to box. Put Buddle in alongside Altidore to begin with, then maybe bring in a midfielder and move Dempsey up front after awhile. Bradley is all man and Donovan was absolutely clutch, he took over the match right from the beginning of the second half. The only thing is that our defending is very shaky and unless we shore that up, there's really only so much Howard can do. With all that said, I hope this match was a real wake-up call, because we can't afford to start so slow. Maybe this'll light under their asses and they can go out and kick ass. We can do it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links