Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » Boxing vs MMA?!?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boxing vs MMA?!?!
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately interested in MMA weather it be PRIDE, UFC or K1 but not a die-hard fan. I only follow UFC via youtube and the UFC website and keeping my ear to the ground on the web.

Watching some of the clips on the upcomming UFC 118 of Randy Couture vs (Boxer) James Toney would be an interesting fight to watch, as the 2 sports clash. I think Toney isn't just representing himself but also the Boxing franchise as he is still a current boxer. I think it's 5-1 odds against Toney.

I think Couture is gonna mop the floor with Toney as he is in Couture's environment. Toe-Toe standing strikes, is somthing that Couture should avoid as Toney will pummel Couture but Toney should avoid the fight to be taken to the ground as Couture will stretch him to submission or exhaustion. The fight starts in a standing position which gives Toney an edge.

Although I predict Coture has an easy win, but with 5-1 odds, I wouldn't mind risking a 20 on Toney.

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Want me to play spoiler for you? [Big Grin]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FtLckr26
The Legend
Member # 13998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FtLckr26   Email FtLckr26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First round, complete ass whooping by Couture. I am a huge mma fan yet was not interested in seeing this fight and am sooo glad I didn't order it.
Posts: 3359 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Want me to play spoiler for you? [Big Grin]

lol, I had to watch it before I returned here in case of potential spoilers like members names starting with b's and ending in r's [Tongue]

quote:
Originally posted by FtLckr26:
First round, complete ass whooping by Couture. I am a huge mma fan yet was not interested in seeing this fight and am sooo glad I didn't order it.

As was expected. I'm glad I didn't order it too. There's one song playing in my head right now... "Hit The Road Jack" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Tiz6INF7I

[ August 30, 2010, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: FootLongSub Zero ]

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imation_pc
All Pro Poster
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imation_pc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm late on this, but I dont really like how they billed it as MMA vs Boxing or UFC vs Boxing. Boxing is a huge part of MMA. To me, its kinda like saying, Running fast with the ball vs football. Not exactly, but I hope you get the point. It takes more than boxing to win in MMA, and it takes more than running with the ball to win a football game. Just a little rant I had to get out. Yah, that fight was so predictable. of course couture was going to be able to take Toney down at will and Submit him.
Posts: 523 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who even remotely has a rudimentary grasp on combat sports knew how that fight was gonna go. You can't survive in MMA unless you have a sound grounding in all facets of the sport.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

...and probably the same would happen to Coture if they had a 'Boxing' match. What made it interesting for me is that Toney was running his mouth with so much confidence. Maybe UFC paid him to, to bring in a wider spectrum of spectators because it certainly turned my head...

--------------------

feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jackson vs. Machida this Saturday.

I'm liking Machida. How bout ya' all?

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going for Rampage, but I think Machida's gonna win. He's all wrong for Rampage.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links