Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Hobbies/Interests » Sports/Wrestling/MMA » College Football

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: College Football
Jesi Jaymes
Board Regular
Member # 40911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesi Jaymes   Author's Homepage   Email Jesi Jaymes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I see a few posts about MMA, which is well and good, but it's fall! Am I the only person who watches college football?

I gotta say, I'm screamingly happy for my alma mater. First time in the history of the football program that it's ranked #1. [Woot]

That's right. I'm a duck. Go Oregon! [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/41554
http://twitter.com/jesijaymesfeet

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love college football, but seeing as my work schedule kills my Saturdays, I can't follow it closely this season. I still can't believe the BCS put Oklahoma over you guys and Boise St.

I myself have no problem with Oregon, but seeing as how I've been a die-hard UCLA fan all my life...well, I hope we put you out of the running this Thursday (not likely, but still). Good luck.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesi Jaymes
Board Regular
Member # 40911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesi Jaymes   Author's Homepage   Email Jesi Jaymes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a UCLA fan, so you already know why they put Oklahoma at #1:

If it's not USC, they don't care about football west of the Rockies.

(Too bad USC had to cheat to get where they are now... o wait, they're unranked. Oops!)

--------------------

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Iohannes Volk   Email Iohannes Volk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn right I know. Though, it's funny you say that considering that UCLA was ranked #1 in the very first BCS rankings that ever game out way back in '98. Oregon's been hosed once already, you shouldn't be hosed again, and I hope it's Oregon/Boise St. in the title game (if things go...*sigh* the way they're supposed to this week). Explosive game.
Posts: 2681 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesi Jaymes
Board Regular
Member # 40911

If it's any consolation, just think ahead to basketball season and laugh and laugh. [Tongue]

--------------------

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Yeah, there's always that.
Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
UCLA was ranked #1 in the very first BCS rankings that ever game out way back in '98.

That was a great year my alma mater won the championship that year!
The first BCS champions - University of Tennessee!
That was my sophomore year... great days!

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Had UCLA been able to take care of business in that last week against Miami, speaking as objectively as I can, I don't think we would have beaten Tennessee. Our defense was pretty bad for being such a good team that year and nearly cost us a lot of other games that season. Edgerrin James ran all over us in that last week, then Ron Dayne did the same in the Rose Bowl.

Still, I can't help but wonder what would have happened had the Bruins just handled business. I'm sure we would have been considerable underdogs to the more complete Tennessee team, but anything could have happened, and I don't think they were as bad a matchup for us Wisconsin was (they beat us up on both sides of the ball, way too physical). Pitting speed vs. speed, who knows?

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Yeesh, that was an unmitigated beatdown. I just hope you guys have the courtesy to do the same to SC in a few weeks.
fj8585
Elite Trooper
Member # 5462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fj8585   Email fj8585   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE ARE......PENN STATE
Posts: 470 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesi Jaymes
Board Regular
Member # 40911

quote:
Originally posted by Salvy_Mic:
Yeesh, that was an unmitigated beatdown.

I dunno about unmitigated; they -did- get the first points against Oregon in the 4th allowed all season.

And if they lose to USC, I will cry. I know as a duck I'm supposed to hate UW, but screw it; I hate USC with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns! [Mad]

--------------------

Lord
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
USC needs to lose every chance they get!
Screw Lane Kiffin [Jerkoff]

--------------------
To get what you want. STOP doing what isn't working.

Posts: 1514 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesi Jaymes
Board Regular
Member # 40911

*insert screaming and throwing breakable things and very very bad words regarding the mother of the programmer of the BCS system here*

[Mad] [Cry] [Mad]

--------------------

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Looks like it'll shape up to be Oregon/TCU in the title game. Auburn may be No. 2 right now, but I think they get beat in Alabama the day after Thanksgiving. Not only that, but the game against Georgia this coming Saturday is a classic trap game against one of their archrivals, considering Georgia, for what it's worth, does have a dangerous passing attack, the one thing Auburn's struggled against all year.

With that said, Oregon needs to stay focused. Cal is dangerous at home, and after that, the Oregon St. game is the one they need to really concentrate for. On the road against an archrival who'd love nothing more than to play the ultimate spoiler....never count them out.

A major part of me really wants to see a TCU/Boise St. rematch in the title game.

Iohannes Volk
The Legend
Member # 13384

Well, Oregon and Auburn just need to handle business next week to play for the title, and TCU seems to be coming to Pasadena...not a bad consolation prize. Furthermore, they'll get a chance to prove how good they really are against a strong Wisconsin team. Can't call them anything but legit if they win, and that goes for the Mountain West Conference as a whole.

That said, I still stand-by my statement that Oregon St. will be dangerous at home, playing against their archrival for bowl eligibility. They're going to bring it. And South Carolina knows they can hang with Auburn, so they'll be itching for redemption in the rematch.

I expect Auburn and Oregon to win though, and hell, that makes for a really fresh title matchup. There's good tradition with Auburn, but they've never been Alabama, Florida, LSU, or Tennessee in that regard. As for Oregon, well, they're the nouveau riche. They've been pretty damn good for the last 20 or so years, a few conference title wins and some berths in the BCS bowls, but they have a chance to truly establish their own tradition and join those old, monolithic powerhouse schools. Keep in mind, the three big Florida schools didn't really come into prominence until the 80s anyway.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links