Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » I hope our fetish DOES NOT go mainstream. How about you? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I hope our fetish DOES NOT go mainstream. How about you?
Zamora
Elite Trooper
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zamora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to the story of Bman. In a movie, there was a guy kissing a lovely female foot, just a couple of kisses,nothing to passionate, and I was watching with some family members. At least two expressed their disgust at the scene. I was 14 years old.
Posts: 287 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babeflover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babeflover   Email babeflover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no no no. i like it that i'm "special" or "different". let the main steam comtinue being boring.

--------------------
 -
My wife's sweet ass and feet

Posts: 2151 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing today's Lowes ad in the newspaper, I was coming to the site this morning with a big smile after seeing yet another print ad with barefeet (pic of a barefoot mom beside the bathtub) and was going to post a (I'm glad I'm a foot-guy note) relishing how persvasive bare feet have become in advertising-when I came across this thread.

Obviously, and understandably a passionate topic for us. Lots of great ideas and opinions. Wiggler Kudos on your opening treatise. I was very impressed.

Like Calico and others I can see advantages and disadvantages to both sides. On the one hand everyone "jumping on the bandwagon" does cheapen the entire belief and participation in the fetish, and that would gresatly frustrate and pain me.

But the good thing IMHO, is that, should this happen, as others have said, it will probably be a "flash-in-the-pan" kinda thing and be over bfore you know it. That's why it's important for us now not to hide our fetish desires, because then when it does become mainstream, even if only briefly, others will know that we're the "real deal" because we've been sharing our desires and living them out long before it became "mainstream."

Secondly as others have mentioned, the fetish becoming mainstream does not mean universal acceptance. I agree with UnholyPriest, the popularity and success of "Queer Eye" has done nothing to make me like or accept gay men or their behaviour, any more than before.

Put simply, my hope is that there will be a slow, general acceptance and understanding of us guys wiht the fetish, especially by the women, but not to the point that it "explodes" in our culture and becomes "the thing" to do.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I hear feet going maintstream, i'm not thinking media.. i'm thinking more like the way breats has evolved in the US. i was talking to a researcher about this topic a litle whiles back. he pointed out that breast became the erotic symbol they were not too far back in our history. Being of a puritanical heritage, you can see why.

to me, feet going mainstream is like that. more folks will know about it and some won't accept it.

No matter what is said, it is going to get better known. Most of my younger friend not only know guys like feet but are pretty open to that (or less averse) the older friends are less aware and react more negatively to it if they're not ok with it to begin with.

i don't want it to go media big.... too much potential for jokes... but i do want it to go mainstream in that folks know it's part of the male psyche and won't disrespect you for it.

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bootman
All Pro Poster
Member # 1280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bootman   Email Bootman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What if?" Seems to be the main question here. Mine is, "Why are we so much in debate about what will happen when it does go mainstream"

Lets face it, movies with major footscenes/footfetishist characters like i think it was "Big Trouble" with tim allen. The guy with the foot fetish was portrayed as the asshole and like he was a deviant about foot activity w/the nanny and all--That's already one joke made on us.

Then we have quentin tarentino (pardone spelling) making movies for how long now? With foot fetish/foot centered scenes since. All with a pretty good group of us in mind. Now how many of those movies were big hits?

There's countless examples. Like the tyra banks show recently. He was on there, admitted to it, and the entire show was made as a treat for him to examine some cute girls feet. THen the rapper we all mentioned.

The lyrics to some rap songs, and other songs. Plenty of media attention. I've been reading cosmo and people magazine, and there's plenty of focus on a girls feet and shoes in there.

It's more in the open and main stream than you believe it to be. It's just whether or not you're a serious closet case and embarrassed about being a foot lover, or if you're like CJ, me, and how many of the other guys on here who just seem to continue enjoying our foot fun. It's like i've said before and i'll say again. It's more open that it appears to be, feet are another part of the body like any other. Some men are more attracted to asses(and sometimes anal sex) and some more attracted to breasts(boobjobs, licking, etc)So, just go with it. Somebody's bound to not understand your obsession with their ass, or breasts somewhere along the line, and the same with feet.

So some girls may have no idea about it (which is hard to come by these days) and just need some getting used to it, or they just dont like it. Or they've seen some of the recent shows on tv, or enjoy takin care of their feet, and take pride in knowing somebody noticed. Then to find out that you're just as attracted to a part of their body that had no sexual appeal is a whole new world, and just as fun for both of you to enjoy.

Ok done ranting.

--boot

--------------------
I've got a fetish for sexy female feet. Everybody knows. I love it.

Posts: 675 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've made this point before, but what if people realized that female feet are sexual--and they banned them from public viewing?

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiggler
Elite Trooper
Member # 2240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiggler   Email wiggler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougiezerts:
I've made this point before, but what if people realized that female feet are sexual--and they banned them from public viewing?

Dubya and his right-wing disciples couldn't get the Federal Marriage Amendment successfully passed. How would the country react if he came out and said, "Bare feet, flip flops, and sandals can no longer be allowed in public and Jay-sus agrees with me."

Honestly, I don't think we have anything to worry about in that regard.

--------------------
"Feet? Feet! FEET! FEET FEET!"
- Sesame Street's Two-Headed Monster

Wiggler

Posts: 409 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rae124
Hall Of Famer
Member # 328

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rae124   Email Rae124   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would mean the end of any shoes showing toes as it we know it. That would be disastrous.
Posts: 1473 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dougiezerts:

As I was reading the new posts this morning I was struck by a similar thought. Though it may never be federally or locally mandated against the law, just the circumstance of millions of women really coming to awareness that their feet are sexual objects could cause them to stop showing them. As we all know, many girls/women don't really comprehend this yet or show off their feet intentionally because they know we're looking because they don't realize how many of us foot-lovers are out there.

My mind immediately went to a women and her two daughters, all three of whom were in sandals, that I saw in a store the day after christmas (and previously posted about). I'd hate to think not only of her not wearing sandals, but also dissuading her daughters from wearing them because "there are guys out there who lust after our feet". That's kinda scary.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
couchant
Board Regular
Member # 12065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for couchant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foot fetishism has never been more open, accepted and is now catching on very big time in the mainstream. With the opening of foot worship parlors in different cities, foot worship parties and the hundreds of girls who, as foot model are mini-celebrities on the net, there is a substantial cottage industry for this. Perhaps it will draw out the latent foot attraction that most men intrinsically have but keep under wraps for fear that it is considered a bit "out-there". I for one think that it should go mainstream...one can envision a syndicated chain of legal foot worship houses in every major city of the country with ones choice of the hottest foot models in the world!
[Nana] [Nana]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou Gojira
Bad Motherfucker
Member # 983

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou Gojira   Email Lou Gojira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by UnholyPriest:
I can't see women accepting it automatically just because it is the "in" thing. That'd be like saying men accept homosexuality and don't fear/hate it, because queer eye made it "in". I still am against homosexuality just as much as before the show; if not more. Only difference now is that I don't slander people if they are gay, I just don't have anything to do with them.

I understand your point in saying that UnholyPriest, and can agree with it to a good extent. Personally though, I don't hate gay people simply for being gay...I only hate or disassociate myself with somebody if they're an asshole in the first place, and as we all know assholes span the spectrum. I can get along with gay people just so long as they don't get pushy with it around me, and most of the ones I've known don't, and I'm thankful for that.

However, this analogy reminds me of something I've heard, and I'm not sure if this is a big thing going on, an isolated incident, or what...

I met all kinds of, um, "interesting" people through my now ex-wife. I say "interesting" because I'm trying to be nice here. One such guy was a friend of her's since long before I had even met her, and I'll never forget the night I was formally introduced to this man...

Among the bantering and prattle betwixt he and her that evening, their getting caught up and everything, most of which I just tuned out because this guy was pretty much an embodiment of everything I tend to stand against...I'll never forget one particular line:

I don't remember the actual words spoken, but she asked him, and I kid you not, if "so & so" was his first "queer kiss".

Now this guy, for all intents, was straight...so what was the deal about a "first queer kiss"?! Call me old-fashioned, but if I go to my grave without ever kissing another man, I won't think it a loss of any sort. In fact, were I to ever kiss a man (probably the same day Satan and Pat Robertson host the first annual snowball fight in hell) I SURE as hell wouldn't tell anybody about it. So, I have to wonder, on that note...what is this guy going to think about himself years from now? I can't see this action of his as being anything more than some trendy "experimentation"...one he's going to really hate himself for if he ever get's out of his current mind-set.

If foot-fetishism were to ever get as mainstream as, say, homosexuality, we as Foot Bro's and Foot Sis' wouldn't have a whole lot to worry about UNLESS we somehow fell into "victim status". If hate-crime laws for instance got passed protecting "poor, misunderstood" us, that would earn us contempt the likes of which we have yet to face, and rightfully so. On the flip-side, if we were thought of as persecuted, who among us would fancy the idea of a gaggle of fad-following sheep trying to be like us out of sympathy? (like that idiot friend of my ex-wife's, kissing another guy because it's a "cool" thing to try out)

What about a "Foot Pride" parade? Nope...I'd hate it. Minority status...but what if we got Affirmative Action putting us into jobs we weren't qualified for in the first place? No, no, and again no...nothing but bad news because we've already go too many special interest groups raising hell all over this country.

In other words, my approach is the same as any realistically minded "minority"...don't give me special treatment, give me fair treatment. Don't turn my desires into a cash-cow for some faceless and soul-lacking corporation. Don't play me or my Brethren up as victims to garner sympathy to anything.

If foot scenes got more prevailent in movies, cool. If more people got comfortable enough to talk openly about it WHEN APPROPRIATE, cool. But sadly, I see potential cess pool of band-wagoners and opportunists just waiting to bubble up and follow a more open embrace of foot-fetishism in society. It's a catch-22, so the obvious answer for me would be:
Let's keep it in our clique...to hell with the outside.

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
 -
www.dennis-n-mara.com
Your best source for some Real Deal Hardcore Barefoot Girls!

Posts: 5427 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
F18Hornet
Elite Trooper
Member # 11172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for F18Hornet   Email F18Hornet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I've been lurking around this forum for a while. There have been some great comments on this thread and this is my first post, so here goes:

If the term "mainstream" can be construed to mean that the general public will "accept" that some people have a foot fetish (for want of a better word) as they mostly have accepted being homosexual or lesbian, and not berate those of us who have the fortitude to publicly admit their proclivities (I don't - only my best mate and my g/f know of mine), you can forget foot fetish going mainstream. Here's the main reason why:

The media, it seems to me, hold the power in deciding what is acceptable or not: for the most part, I have never read a story about a foot fetishist which didn't portray him (or, rarely, her) as someone to be despised, laughed at and described as subnoral or odd in some way. Having said that, the stories we read in papers and see on TV about such people is in no way indicative of 99.9% of us. I remember a story about a bloke in the US, I think in Florida maybe, who broke into houses to take pictures of women's feet and initiate physical contact with them whilst the women were asleep. The newspaper concerned completely overlooked the fact that his main intent was burglary and focussed simply on his "backward" fetish, which he exhibited almost as an afterthought to his main reason for being there. I am sure that 99% of us would never even dream of doing such a thing as breaking and entering, and battery (i.e. unlawful physical contact with another without intent to cause physical harm) to get our fix, yet as a result of portayals such as these, where the media hype the fetish part of the story up when in fact it is a minor, almost insignificant, part of the story, thus adding to the public perception that foot fetishists are "freaks", "criminals" (I wouldn't stake my mortgage on anyone ever having read a story concerning foot fetishists which didn't mention him doing something criminal), and "perverse", the general public will continue to tar foot fetishists with the same brush and view us as oddballs. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I think the community will remain "closeted". And so it should be: I, and many others in this world, do not pass public scorn or ridicule on the sexuality and proclivities of others, but to the public a foot fetishist is easy meat. Until media portayal of foot fetishists changes from ridicule to live-and-let-live, nothing will change.

I'm quite happy the way things are, long may the status quo prevail.

Posts: 343 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links