Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » foot fetish really doesn't make sense if you think about it (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: foot fetish really doesn't make sense if you think about it
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on a subconsious level being young and having breasts indicate to men that a woman is fertile, nice butt and somewhat big hips can indicate she can have a child without complications

women like a guy to be tall and have broad shoulders because on a subconscious level this shows that he can produce strong offspring and protect their children and a nice butt indicates that he can push the sperm deep enough inside of her

when people base attraction on appearance subconsciously everybody is thinking about who could produce strong offspring

so why are we attracted to feet? how do feet fit into this?

foot fetish really doesn't make sense [Confused]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xno
Board Regular
Member # 3702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xno   Email xno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah....true. Theories abound about why foot fetishes develop and it's been discussed ad nauseum on this message board. However, in the end, it's an aberration. That being said, it's an enjoyable aberration, so don't sweat it.
Posts: 34 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one professor in college said it best. animals communicate a lot of their sexual viability through pheromones. the scent of sexual maturity that we can't detect conciously. it's released three places. the armpits (weak in humans). the genitalia (why dogs sniff butts) and the feet (more so in women than in man).

from an evolutionary point of view... we once walked on all fours.. then a period of time we were semi-on all fours and semi-two feet. as the transition took place, men couldn't sniff women's rear for the pheromones of the genitalia.. so the body compensated by producing more in the feet through the sweat glands

on that premise.. a man can tell if a women is sexually mature on a subconcious level via the amounts of pheromones produced by her feet. hence the fetish.. some time in our youth, we pcicked up a sexually mature woman's scent and it left an impression on us -> the fetish strarted.

for those who aren't into evolution... a childhood experience left a deep impression and we equated some aspect of the foot (again pheromnes do play a big role) and we got hoooked.

you don't hear in mainstream folks loving the scent of a woman's vagina, but more men like it than are willing to admit.. pheromones play a huge part in that!!!

my three cents on the matter

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RPM:
...some time in our youth, we picked up a sexually mature woman's scent (from her feet) and it left an impression on us -> the fetish started.RPM

As a non-sniffer this would not have been possible for me. I adored girl's feet from my ealy teen years, but always from a distance. I never got really close to any feet, including my girlfriend's.

Though we do debate this "ad naseum" at times as someone stated, it's a question many of us frequently think about and almost every footguy contemplates at some point in their life. Though I didn't become cognizant of my desire for feet until my early teens, I strongly believe that some or many factors played a part in it from a very early age.

Not really sure that it has to "make sense" per se anyway. I believe God gave us women as partners not only to "help us" with life tasks as life partners, but to also enjoy sexually. No reason this shouldn't include her entire body.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Mike:
so why are we attracted to feet?

I don't place a great deal of stock in those types of theories about the root of our attractions because they're after all only theories, and people are different enough from one another to avoid being able to be categorized into a cookie cutter mold like that. I'm no psychologist, but to the best of my knowledge my sexual attractions (regardless of whether they're to feet, legs, breasts, or whatever) never have anything to do with fertility or a desire to produce strong offspring, which is actually the last thing that I'd want to do at the moment. hehe

Thus, my attraction to feet still makes complete sense to me in the context of the strictly physical & carnal level that I embrace sexuality on. I'm attracted to female feet because they visually convey to my senses everything that's truly feminine. I love the soft skin, all those wonderful S-shaped curves and contours just like the female form itself, the bright girly nailpolish colors that are full of sparkle & dazzle, the sexy open-toed high heel CFM shoes that have become the embodiment of seduction, the sheer physical pleasure induced for her and for me simply by touching & rubbing her feet, etc.

My view may seem rather shallow and altogether on the surface compared to theories that delve into underlying psychological motivations and subconscious levels at play, but alas it's the only view that really adds up for me thus far. After all, I'm the same guy that's always said that people should turn off their minds and check their inhibitions at the door before engaging in physical intimacy together, thus allowing nothing but raw physical desire & animalistic lust to pave the way. That's the only way that makes sense to me.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craigy boy
The King Of Feet
Member # 3340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Craigy boy   Email Craigy boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The foot connects the woman to the Earth!!!

--------------------
Aussies rule!
 -

Posts: 6114 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calico Jack
Pirate
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calico Jack   Email Calico Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Craigy boy:
The foot connects the woman to the Earth!!!

Literally! She's not exactly walkin' on water.

[Big Grin]

Calico Jack

Posts: 10944 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey feetluvr,

i wasn't a sniffer in the classical sense as a kid. i avoided feet as far as i can tell, only watching from a distance. i had one experience (that i've shared) where I got to smell the woman's feet by 'accident' and was hooked. that experience shaped what i wanted to find in the future, but i was curious prior to that moment and couldn't understand why i was so attracted to something that i didn't experience.

at anyrate, we're made the way we're made and I think it was best said. God made it such so there is diversity and enjoyment in a relationship. to me.. that is good enough!!!

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitardrew   Email guitardrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Calico Jack said everything I could hope to convey on this subject.

--------------------
I love beautiful feet. What else is new?

Posts: 1081 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three views to add to this discussion:

Physiological
Neural mappings place the sensory processing centers of feet closest to the genitals. Also, as impulses travel along nerve bundles they can sometimes trigger action potentials in neighboring nerves. The nerves from your feet travel the greatest distance so they have a greater chance of this occuring.

Psychological
Feet and hands are very geometrically complex, containing many degrees of biologically dictated curves and features. I think we subconciously recognise these geometries and associate them with sexiness just as we would the geometry of other female parts. Additionally feet are most often covered as with more traditional sexual parts, so there may be some kind of taboo allure there.

Philosophical
Feet are the first and formost thing that connect us to this planet and thus to each other. People have strong associative need for physical connection and the interface between feet and the world binds us all together. In a way that is the role of a foot, and contact with feet directly is a more direct connection to another than we typically have by just standing on the same sphere in space.

Oz

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitardrew
Hall Of Famer
Member # 6635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitardrew   Email guitardrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I want to add to what has already been said are a couple of things
*The thing about men liking women's hips being subconciously linked to childbirth is just speculation anyway and in my opinion, just some attempt to explain sexual attraction. Same with the breasts and giving milk, these types of theories or whatever have nothing to do with your immediate situation of being sexually aroused or not. These just seem like theories that can actually be used as a way to set apart 'the norm' and 'the deviant' or whatever, they always seemed quite irrelevant to me.
* Studies of the subconcious, while very interesting, in my opinion dont really get to be factored in to real arguments as big 'groundbreakers', then how do you explain all the exceptions to this? Thats when 'normal behavior' and 'abnormal' and other subjective terms begin to come into play and fact gets lost quickly. It should be admitted I think that so many studies of the mind, even the most respected 'fields' of these studies, if you examine them closely, fail to encompass the whole reality of the mind and the mind's behaviors, and the truth is that they are merely opinions and statements based on (very detailed) observations in some cases. And even though there have been huge advancements in the science of observing the mind; the literal neurological factors and whatnot, there are still infinite things in human behavior that are failed to fully be analyzed and explained in a way that satisfies all the variables. But then the further I delve into this the more I am just stating my own personal beliefs.

All this to say to MightyMike: The very statements that you started this thread on only prove foot fetishism to be even further from 'taboo' or whatever in my opinion. Where does foot fetishism fit in with those theories? Nowhere, so those theories cant possibly account for or thoroughly explain human sexuality.

--------------------
I love beautiful feet. What else is new?

Posts: 1081 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gibarian
Major Player
Member # 11661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gibarian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well whatever the hell it is womens feet turn me the f**k on lol...so does her legs.

For me it was when i was like 8 years old, my babysitter who was my uncles g/f had her feet up on the table or even footstool....i would always run and try and touch her feet she used to laugh......lol now i'm 25 and just love womens feet...i really cannot explain it nor can i explain why i love big breasts on women haha....especially if they look sweaty or oily...

Posts: 208 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:

I don't place a great deal of stock in those types of theories about the root of our attractions because they're after all only theories, and people are different enough from one another to avoid being able to be categorized into a cookie cutter mold like that. I'm no psychologist, but to the best of my knowledge my sexual attractions (regardless of whether they're to feet, legs, breasts, or whatever) never have anything to do with fertility or a desire to produce strong offspring, which is actually the last thing that I'd want to do at the moment. hehe

Thus, my attraction to feet still makes complete sense to me in the context of the strictly physical & carnal level that I embrace sexuality on. I'm attracted to female feet because they visually convey to my senses everything that's truly feminine. I love the soft skin, all those wonderful S-shaped curves and contours just like the female form itself, the bright girly nailpolish colors that are full of sparkle & dazzle, the sexy open-toed high heel CFM shoes that have become the embodiment of seduction, the sheer physical pleasure induced for her and for me simply by touching & rubbing her feet, etc.

My view may seem rather shallow and altogether on the surface compared to theories that delve into underlying psychological motivations and subconscious levels at play, but alas it's the only view that really adds up for me thus far. After all, I'm the same guy that's always said that people should turn off their minds and check their inhibitions at the door before engaging in physical intimacy together, thus allowing nothing but raw physical desire & animalistic lust to pave the way. That's the only way that makes sense to me.

[Cool]

Calico Jack

I am with CJ on this thread. If we really think about half the things we do during sex, we would gross ourselves out. I just go for it with pure wanton emotion/lust. I like what I like. I don't get too bent around the axle about some of these deep theories and why things happen. I just do my thing and have fun with it. Just my $0.02. [Smile]

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gibarian
Major Player
Member # 11661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gibarian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the female foot (pretty ones..not beat up crusty sh*t lol we all seen the chicks with bad feet) is so sexy just look at the curves, the smooth arch which is so soft and the toes nice and painted...just like CJ said..i agree 110%.

I gotta say, if a chicks hands are really nice aswell it's a turn on...nice nails/palms..etc..etc. It's just that i hate it when they have nice hands and FUGLY FEET lol.

Posts: 208 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calico Jack:
quote:

subconsiously people are attracted to people that you feel would produce strong offspring

it doesn't mean you want them to literally have your baby, they just possess certain traits like I described that indicates they can produce strong offspring which makes you find them attractive

I don't think of it as a theory, it's fact

Women don't like Danny Devito look alikes because they don't want their kids to have his short, stalky, bald genes. Subconsiously that's is why they don't like him

how do feet fit into all of this? maybe nice skin, lack of callusses and bunions represent health? there's a reason love for feet is called a fetish and a love for breasts is just a love for breasts

[ April 28, 2006, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Mighty Mike ]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links