Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » "Coming Out" - Negative Reactions? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Coming Out" - Negative Reactions?
Bondo Left
The King Of Feet
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bondo Left         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a post by feetluvr who was promoting the idea of telling your significant other about your fetishes. Some people are self conscious or paranoid about getting a negative reaction from someone.

With that said, have you ever gotten a negative reaction from someone you told about your fetish?

I've told quite a few people about mine, and they have mostly been accepting to it. I've gotten a couple of strange reactions, but nothing so negative that I felt stupid or embarrassed for saying something.

Bondo

--------------------

Posts: 5329 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really feel a need of having to flaunt it like a gay guy must do wearing rainbow shirts and marching in a parade. I keep it personal with whoever I'm intimate with or you mugs here on the forums. I'm sure most of you wouldn't want to have a close pal of yours come "out of the closet" to discuss his love of piss and scat with you for an extreme example!

As far as people that I've told about it no one has had any kind of negative reaction with it. Pretty much everyone has their own personal little weird kink and foot fondlers like ourselves are rather mild and "safe" compared to most other fetishists.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nylonfootsniffer
Elite Trooper
Member # 3488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nylonfootsniffer   Email nylonfootsniffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Think using the term "coming out" makes us sound like a bunch of closet-cased pervs or something. I think when we need to refer to ourselves as "out" or "in" we are in trouble. Liking pretty feet and toes is no different to me than liking pretty eyes, pretty hair or a nice pair of breasts.
Posts: 371 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ummmmm
Elite Trooper
Member # 15145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ummmmm   Email Ummmmm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nylonfootsniffer:
I Think using the term "coming out" makes us sound like a bunch of closet-cased pervs or something. I think when we need to refer to ourselves as "out" or "in" we are in trouble. Liking pretty feet and toes is no different to me than liking pretty eyes, pretty hair or a nice pair of breasts.

Well said, nylon! [Thumbs Up]
Cheers, bro! [Cheers]

--------------------
My excitement grows
When she wiggles her toes
Presses her foot to my nose
And says, "Ummmmm baby, smell me!"
I luv my wife's .oo0O O0oo.

Posts: 259 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pedactor
All Pro Poster
Member # 12893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pedactor         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wouldn't say i came out directly to the whole world, especially since im pretty secretive w/ my personal stuff (for trust reasons). However 1 time in college i was talkin about girls w/ one of my boys. anmd some how we ended up on the topic of feet and i jus told him flat out that i thought feet were attractive. surprisingly he was cool w/ it especially the way i presented my argument. A couple days or weeks later i chilled w/ him and his girl. and she was showing him her feet and trying to put them in his face but he wasnt having that although he could appreciate girls w/ pedicures. she kept sayin ": i have nice feet, dont ya think? and she even showed me them too, just not to the extent she showed her man. they were some nice soles.
Also there were a few girls toes i had complimented in school at various times id say for the most part it was a good reception. but half of them actually asked me if i liked their toes. i remember this 1 chick who was dating a good friend of mine that had some pretty toes... seeing how i had had a couple beers or so, i wasted no time in complimenting them. she was extremely flattered, and i was like thinkin, hell yea.

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say "coming out" either i would say that people are more open to the idea of foot fetishes thatnks mainly in part to the huge openings of spas that specialize in pedicures because there are many females who enjoy showing off their feet so they can be looked at. I do not remember that some much 10 or even 5 years ago.

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How true!
Everyone in my office knows about my fetish. One of the girls recently slipped her shoes off for me, while I was taking photos (at an office party)! My girlfriend actually know about my fetish long before we started dating.

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't like the phrase 'coming out'. however.. i've had one person tell me she thought i was a perv and should keep it to myself. she hates it when i make such compliments to other women about their feet. she is constantly worried that i'll be taken and judged for a perv.. she's very uncomfy about me talking about feet in general. however.. she has at times done up her feet for me to check out and was disappointed if i didn't comment on them.. and she's done heels a few times to see if i'd notice and was super happy when i did.

needless to say.. my friend is a bit weird when it comes to that topic.

i've had others highly encourage me to pretend i didn't like feet.. just because they say i'm too nice to have such a lowly interets.

i no longer pay such comments mind. and now that i don't pay them mind.. some of the very same folks are happy that i am more confident in what i like.. and some even show me their feet just because i 'get it'.

however.. never been embarassed by anyone about my liking feet.

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedMethod
Major Player
Member # 13216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedMethod   Email TwistedMethod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ledaemon:
I don't really feel a need of having to flaunt it like a gay guy must do wearing rainbow shirts and marching in a parade.

Haha that got me cracking up a little bit! Anyways you can almost always tell a gay guy just by his voice. At least we don't talk different because we like feet
Posts: 127 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bondo:
have you ever gotten a negative reaction from someone you told about your fetish

Not sure if you construed my comments about confessing to your wife as meaning "tell everyone" or it simply prompted you to raise the question, but, at least in the circles I run in, I've told no one else I know about my foot fetish nor do I know any particulars about their sex life. That being said, if I were back in college and shootin' the shit in the hallway with a bunch of guys and or gals I knew somewhat I might be willing to share at least my appreciation for feet to some degree. (After all college is for "expanding the mind" right?) But, to answer the question- I've never gotten a negative response because I've never told anyone else.

I also apologize because I believe I've been guilty of using the term "coming out" on occassion. Very poor choice of words. I agree with Ladaemon that there's no reason to wear our fetish on our sleeve. I used that term only to denote the confession of what is, for most of us, a very deep, long-held (and perceived by many to be very dark) secret.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FTPHANTOM
Hall Of Famer
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FTPHANTOM   Email FTPHANTOM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had my share of negative reaction's,and every now and then I get some positive 1's.

--------------------
Massage is the key to getting your hands on those feet.

Posts: 1508 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastra
Major Player
Member # 3898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastra   Email rastra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive never had a bad reaction but i know two girls who hate feet and have made it very clear to everyone they know that they hate feet. one of them wears flip flops alot and paints her toenails red often. she is very good at wiggling her and spreading her toes when shes sitting down. so i wonder about her
Posts: 198 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footman9
Footologist
Member # 1100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footman9   Author's Homepage   Email Footman9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all have experience negativity about our affinity for pretty feet in one form or another. It comes with the territory, but how we respond to the comment(s) afterwards makes the difference. You must hold your ground with the person and stand up for what you like. That is, if your really care about what you like. I know it can be intimidating and stressful, but you really don't get anywhere in life without some type of struggle especially when it is not popular with everyone. Where there is no struggle, there is no progress. Then again, why would you want to put yourself in frying pan anyway? Is it really necessary to put yourself out there? Yes and no. Yes, if you see positive gains (i.e. gettin' some pretty feet, hooking up with a woman, exploring a new fortier or area in your intimacy, etc.) No, if you don't want to risk the ridicule from the people (and it will come too). You never know what gains or lack of you may receive by expressing your love for pretty feet, but you never know until you try. I don't tell everyone, but if someone were to ask me, I will say (exactly just like this too), "I'm a fan of everything from the waist down: a juicy rump, pretty shapely legs, and pretty feet." "That's right, a buttman, legman, and footman all in one package." "Any questions?" Not everyone is design or built to be a foot fan. A true foot fan is tough and solid as rock. You got to be to stay in this business.

[ July 16, 2006, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Footman9 ]

--------------------
V/R, FM9 aka Mr. Footbooty
"She had real pretty feet. I was always a sucker for pretty little feet... Outside of her being pretty and hip, with a good body, her feet is what attracted me." - p. 39 of "Miles" (Davis) The Autobiography

Posts: 8821 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nylon Foot Lover
Major Player
Member # 3149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nylon Foot Lover   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one person who I have told about my fetish has been totally ok with it.
She is willing to let me experience my fetish, though I havent told her exactly what it is that gets me off, she knows I have a foot fetish.

Im sure the heels and hose fetish will come out soon enough, and im sure she will be fine with that too.

--------------------
N.F.L

Pantyhose and high heel fetishest

Posts: 109 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mas
Board Regular
Member # 10074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mas   Email mas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know who my close friends are by who I've told. My wife suspects! Lol. When I was a kid I didn't tell girlfriends; I didn't even let on that I liked their feet. Got over that quite a while ago. My wife has agreed to scatter my ashes in all of her shoes.

I don't broadcast it. Two reasons: (1) crushing shame left over from my childhood and (2) I don't want friends and coworkers and such putting their shoes on when they see me coming. I love it so much that the world is my nudist colony. Oh, and also (3) it's a lot easier not to cheat on my wife when all these women out here don't know how to push my buttons. Chicks rub their titties on me sometimes; I'm like, That's sweet, thank you.

I join in our relief that we don't all talk with a gay accent or something.

mas

Posts: 38 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links