Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Making a Foot Site (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Making a Foot Site
PrettySoles
Board Regular
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrettySoles   Email PrettySoles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I have thousands of foot pictures that I have taken over the past three years and I am thinking of starting a foot site.

Other than BHE, are there suggestions of places to go and start one or do I just set up the e-commerce myself?

I would love to hear from those that have a site as well. Is it worth it?

Any advice is appreciated!

--------------------
I love arches!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice's Feet
Elite Trooper
Member # 24441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice's Feet   Author's Homepage   Email Alice's Feet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tickets club but there's not much point in doing it for the money, my sites losing me money at the minute.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 387 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustJoe
Hall Of Famer
Member # 9641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JustJoe   Email JustJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would recommend doing everything yourself...including the e-commerce payment possessor, gallery and forum integration. You have more control and options in the long run.

--------------------
IG: @purtyfeetstudio

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CDNFootbabes
The Legend
Member # 21192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDNFootbabes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use BHE and am very happy with their services.

--------------------
Marcus

Follow on Twitter: @CDNFootBabes
Follow on IG: @cdnftguy

Posts: 4602 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alice's Feet:
Tickets club but there's not much point in doing it for the money, my sites losing me money at the minute.

Yeah I know what you mean girlie. They are not free to run and the time invested at this point is crazy.
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sasha
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

With my work schedule and my foot stools work schedule, BHE is the only way to go... Two words, they deal with all the bullshit, I just post and collect a check every two weeks.

I just looked at your site. Loseing money??? PM me and we'll talk. You must not be marketing yourself. Your very pretty and maybe need some good info from an old timer like myself [Big Grin]

--------------------
Xoxoxo Sasha

essenceofsasha.com

You wanna play with my warm hosed feet. Don't you?

Posts: 2077 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Cry]

Don't worry, Sasha is gonna hook you up!

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JustJoe
Hall Of Famer
Member # 9641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JustJoe   Email JustJoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PrettySoles:
Other than BHE, are there suggestions of places to go and start one or do I just set up the e-commerce myself?

If you don't want to use BHE, pm me in what you're looking for specifically and I'll give you some direction to go from there.

--------------------
IG: @purtyfeetstudio

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eliza Durden   Author's Homepage   Email Eliza Durden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the BHE site and didn't find the info I wanted. I don't want a site designed. I don't want web hosting. I just want a new e-commerce possiblity. Who would you guys suggest I use?
Posts: 1549 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eliza Durden
Hall Of Famer
Member # 22995

quote:

I could not find a way to sign up with tickets club. [Cry]
luvwomensfeet
Major Player
Member # 12887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvwomensfeet   Author's Homepage   Email luvwomensfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question. I'm very interested in the answer. Is the problem finding a suitable host or is it a problem of collecting subscriptions?

To add, a webmaster I know who uses BHE claims that he makes very little money working with them and, in some cases, loses money.

Does anyone know a good place or host to start a foot fetish forum?

--------------------

-

Posts: 100 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footexhibit
All Pro Poster
Member # 1664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footexhibit   Author's Homepage   Email footexhibit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys i will say it really has nothing to do with the company you use. its what you offer. i know of many who are with bhe who dont make money and i know many that are with bhe that do make money. sash is correct however that bhe will deal with all your issues and problems and fix them for you. which is a load of stress taken off of you. i know of others that use ccbill that works just fine for them and then some that use ccbill and they are loosing money. its all about the advertising and what you offer. with so many foot sites out there the competition is very high right now and more sites are in the works and being posted by the day. when your offering something all the people wanna see, it wont matter who your with when it comes to you making money. your only concern is that if you work with another company they will get part of your money. if you work alone you will get the money. you have to either give to get, or work harder for the money.

--------------------
A Footographer (since 2001)

https://allmylinks.com/footexhibit
https://allmylinks.com/fetishexhibit

Posts: 630 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordLucan
The King Of Feet
Member # 2130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LordLucan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eliza Durden:
quote:

I could not find a way to sign up with tickets club. [Cry]
Eliza, Tickets Club is the bare bones processing that Verotel, a Netherlands based biller offers. It's free to join, that is you pay no fee for Visa or Mastercard approval.
You can investigate it and their other services, Verotel Classic and Verotel Pro by clicking here!
You may also want to investigate CCBill if you're in the U.S or CCBillEU if you're in the European Union.
Again, if you're in the EU, you should also checkout SegPay!

--------------------
International Celebrity Feet

Posts: 11886 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LordLucan
The King Of Feet
Member # 2130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LordLucan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PrettySoles:
Hi All,

I have thousands of foot pictures that I have taken over the past three years and I am thinking of starting a foot site.

I would love to hear from those that have a site as well. Is it worth it?

Any advice is appreciated!

Pretty Soles, if you have no idea of what's required to setup a paysite, BHE are experts in the job! Just look at all the webmasters here at Wu's who use them (myself included). As Sasha said, they take care of all the behind the scenes stuff. All you need to is upload your content, promote your site and cash your checks! They truly are a wonderful way for a novice webmaster to get a foot in the door. That said, there are many experienced webmaster's who've been happy with them for years. You may be surprised at some of the foot fetish sites out there that host with them.

--------------------
International Celebrity Feet

Posts: 11886 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BHE doesn't have to do your site design. I use them to host and do all the design and photo work myself. I am a graphic designer and consider my site one of my best portfolio pieces when someone wants to see what I can do, so I didn't want anyone doing my design or touching it. In case you haven't seen it, you can see I don't use the standard BHE template that they use to make updating tons of sites more automated and less time consuming. I, on the other hand, have a more involved update as there are items in many directories that need to be updated/changed each week. Here is my site:

http://www.solesofsilk.com

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links