Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Foot odor and bacteria... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Foot odor and bacteria...
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I find body odor of any type to be disgusting. Shame on any woman that enters GQ guys bed with bad B.O.. Anyway I just picked up the is article from wikipedia concerning "foot odor". Due to the scent of nasty smelling feet being compared to cheese and vinegar...GQguy will nolonger consume either.
wikipedia on foot odor:

Foot odor is a type of body odor that affects the feet of humans and is characterized by a smell generally regarded as unpleasant
[edit] Cause
Foot odor often results from wearing shoes and/or socks, especially shoes or socks with inadequate air ventilation, for many hours. Since human feet are densely covered with sweat glands (and men have larger feet and sweat more), excessive perspiration of the feet is the result. This perspiration and warmth provide ideal conditions for bacteria and/or fungi to thrive. The presence of the bacteria and/or fungi does not in and of itself cause odor; instead, as the bacteria consume dead skin cells and moisture, they in turn produce waste material. This waste material is the cause of foot odor. As physical activity increases, foot perspiration, bacterial growth, and bacterial waste production all increase, causing odor to intensify. Hair on the feet, especially on the toes, may also add to odor intensity by adding increased surface area for the bacteria to thrive in.

Since socks directly contact feet, their composition can have an impact on foot odor. Nylon is a common material used to create socks, but does not provide as much ventilation as cotton, another common sock material, so wearing nylon socks increases perspiration and therefore intensifies foot odor.[1] Since socks absorb varying amounts of perspiration from feet, wearing shoes without socks may increase the amount of perspiration contacting feet and thereby increase bacterial activities that cause odor. People wearing nylon stockings or pantyhose may experience increased foot odor.

[edit] Odor qualities
The quality of foot odor is often reported as a thick, cheesy smell. Some describe the smell like that of malt vinegar, but can sometimes be ammonia-like. Brevibacteria are considered a major cause of foot odor, as they ingest dead skin on the feet, especially on the soles and between the toes, converting in the process the amino acid methionine to methanethiol which has a sulfuric aroma. The brevibacteria is also what gives cheeses such as Limburger, Bel Paese, Port du Salut, and Muenster their characteristic pungency (a sharp acrid smell).[2]

In addition, propionic acid (propanoic acid) is also present in many foot sweat samples. This acid is a breakdown product of amino acids by Propionibacteria , which thrive in the ducts of adolescent and adult sebaceous glands. As propionic acid is chemically structured similarly to acetic acid producing similar physical characteristics including odors, this may account for the foot odors identified as being vinegar-like smell by certain persons. Isovaleric acid (3-methyl butanoic acid) is the other source of foot odor as a result of actions of the bacteria Staphylococcus epidermidis[3], which is also present in several strong cheese types.

[edit] Prevention
This section does not cite any references or sources.
Please improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed. (December 2007)

Among the earliest foot deodorants were aromatic herbs such as allspice, which nineteenth-century Russian soldiers would put in their boots. Some types of powders and activated charcoal insoles, such as Odor Eaters, have been developed to combat foot odor, but they are not as effective as thoroughly washing feet, choosing shoes with proper ventilation, changing socks regularly, and wearing shoes only when necessary. It is also recommended to wear socks that fit properly and are made of 100% cotton.

[edit] Reactions to foot odor
People grow up believing foot odor is unpleasant, making people embarrassed about how their feet smell. For this reason, in Western countries, where shoes are worn for most of the day, some people avoid removing their shoes around others. This is paradoxical, since going shoeless is one of the best ways to reduce foot perspiration. Reactions to foot odor vary across cultures; for example, there is less foot odor stigma in countries where shoes are removed upon entering the home. (For a more detailed discussion of this topic, see shoes.)

Although some people find the scent of feet unpleasant, some people find smelling feet sexually arousing. This can be part of a foot fetish or an obsession. Some people also have fetishes for the sock or shoe scent that usually accompanies warm feet (for example as part of a shoe fetish) or foot worship fetish.

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeadGoon
All Pro Poster
Member # 24278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeadGoon   Email DeadGoon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't want to be negative but I find the whole aroused by foot odour thing embarrassing simply for the fact certain other foot guys like it. But at the same time I feel like I'm almost in a completely different group as the odour thing is such a turn off for me.
Posts: 962 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DeadGoon:
Don't want to be negative but I find the whole aroused by foot odour thing embarrassing simply for the fact certain other foot guys like it. But at the same time I feel like I'm almost in a completely different group as the odour thing is such a turn off for me.

I agree.

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozboy
Elite Trooper
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozboy   Email ozboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys check out one of my old posts titled "foot smelling" I feel the same way..
Posts: 461 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeadGoon
All Pro Poster
Member # 24278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeadGoon   Email DeadGoon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL I was half expecting to get grilled for this, for the esimple reason I think some odour guys might see it as judgemental of me or something. I mean, WE don't like it that people judge OUR love of feet.

But my defense was I always liked CLEAN feet that were well looked after. When in that context I don't see it as any different from liking hands or other body parts.

But I have to admit, when I first found out about the whole odour and smelly socks thing, I was pretty taken aback.

Posts: 962 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DeadGoon:

I completely agree

to each their own but the thing that baffles me is guys buying used socks and pantyhose [Confused]

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wing-Washer
Hall Of Famer
Member # 3013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wing-Washer   Email Wing-Washer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of the guys here who like the smell of feet are aware of the causes of foot odor.

I'd bet that most of the guys here who like the smell of feet and weren't aware of the causes aren't going to be swayed by this new knowledge.

Wing-Washer will continue to enjoy smelly feet, cheese, and vinegary pickles.

Now you can commence discussing how baffling (and embarrassing [Roll Eyes] ) it is that some people enjoy smelly feet.

--------------------
When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today.
-John Maxwell Edmonds

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm in a 'weird' group.. and i call it weird because it doesn't fit any one category.

i like clean well maintained feet. and almost all forms of foot odors don't work for me. the vinegar type being very offensive to me.. and super strong odors (most won't call it super strong though) turn me off.

however.. that being said...

i find appeal in the scent of feet that were in hose in pumps for a relatively 'modest' period of time. ie.. enough hours to get a scent.. but not enough to 'stink'.

to me.. it's very appealing because i ran into that scent at the time i discovered my love for heels.. feet.. pedal pumping.. and well dressed women driving powerful cars. (a mouthful to say twice)

so.. outside of that moment of interest.. foot scent means little to me.. boots.. flipflops.. sneakers.. dirty feet... poorly maintained feet.. .feet in shoes for a full hard days work... etc.. does precious little or flat out turn me off.

now.. my wife in heels for a dinner date (just long enough to get her to start sweating a little).. now we're talking major excitement (yet.. after 8+ hours at work.. turns me off)

so.. that is why i said i fall into a weird group.

and to add to that... i do get embarassed if i'm caught in a situation where bad smelling feet are noticed... and folks who know i like feet ask if i like the scent... yuk...

RPM

p.s. hope that made sense.....

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Giovanni
Board Regular
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Giovanni   Email Don Giovanni   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my!!! GQguy are u chemical??? [Smile]

I´m very pleased to u for such scientifc explain about the foot odour. I personally love it.

Reading your post I wonder if it would be possible to create foot odour in a laboratory. [Drool] [Drool] [Drool]

--------------------
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito (Virgil, Æneid)

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Footlovers
Loyal Member
Member # 11023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footlovers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm cool with it but I don't get why so many guys love smelly feet?!

I'd much rather a fresh clean pair just out the bath!

Posts: 89 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oscarthemonkey
The Legend
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oscarthemonkey   Email oscarthemonkey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my teens and twenties I could not understand why anyone would want stinky feet over clean ones-but sometime around 30 I started loving a strong scent. I still like well pampered pedicured feet and toes as always- but I really dig a strong scent. Have no idea what changed this.

While my wife goes for every foot related activity - letting her feet get as stinky as I'd like does not come often. And- although she does a great job of teasing me when her feet are in my face altogether, when she tells me to smell her feet and they don't actually smell it's a bit of a letdown.

--------------------
Latina Feet Can't Be Beat!

Posts: 4819 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babeflover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babeflover   Email babeflover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me try to explain. The foot-odor that i like, is the one that comes from the sweat of her clean feet. when her clean foot goes into a sock and shoe, and after hours of walking or working develops that wonderful aroma. i don't like foot-odor that comes from dirty feet. when the gorgeous and clean foot of a woman develops a smell is one of the sexiest aspects of feet-loving.

--------------------
 -
My wife's sweet ass and feet

Posts: 2151 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wrinkleheaven
All Pro Poster
Member # 25648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrinkleheaven   Email wrinkleheaven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody different-----I love stinky feet and 100 years ago in china to smell a married womans feet was the equivilent of smelling her pussy "do I here fight to the death" anyway I stand by my love for smelly over perfumed feet anyday--------remember to each his or her own!!!! [Thumbs Up]
Posts: 617 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2nd. To God In Power
Hall Of Famer
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2nd. To God In Power   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by loveherfeettosmell:
Let me try to explain. The foot-odor that i like, is the one that comes from the sweat of her clean feet. when her clean foot goes into a sock and shoe, and after hours of walking or working develops that wonderful aroma. i don't like foot-odor that comes from dirty feet. when the gorgeous and clean foot of a woman develops a smell is one of the sexiest aspects of feet-loving.

I'm EXACTLY with you on this one.

--------------------
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being!

www.Facebook.com/AboveOmnipotence

Posts: 1315 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jstunner
Board Regular
Member # 3865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jstunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I´m very pleased to u for such scientifc explain about the foot odour. I personally love it.

Reading your post I wonder if it would be possible to create foot odour in a laboratory. [Drool] [Drool] [Drool] [/QB]

I am a chemisit and yes you can recreate this in a lab. If you like it really stinky, Isovaleric acid would be your main ingredient...thats just for fragrance. Pheromones can be added to enahnce it.

You can always stick your toe into some gelatin fortified with a bulion cube and grow your own odor producing bacteria colonies.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links