Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Taking it for Granted (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Taking it for Granted
letmeseeyourfeet30
Loyal Member
Member # 18886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for letmeseeyourfeet30   Email letmeseeyourfeet30   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah having a friend die like that can make you take stock of your life and force you to have a greater appreciation for everything. However I wouldn't have a greater appreciation for my fetish because i don't embrace it as something positive in my life
Posts: 88 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael P
BANNED
Member # 1922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael P   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is making news in the mma world

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11424

--------------------
quote:
----------------------------------
posted by Andy - Laa:
my posts in this thread are not as good as Michael P's

Posts: 3024 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya..I saw that link posted on the Facebook group as well...as one person put it..."to have an effect on a whole province makes you a legend"...so fitting for Rene.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footexhibit
All Pro Poster
Member # 1664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footexhibit   Author's Homepage   Email footexhibit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bluetoelover:
Hey guys,
I know this is completely off topic but I just found out one of my close friends just passed away after working out in the gym.
He was such an amazing friend and in top shape health wise. He was in the middle of training(for an up coming fight in MMA) and suddenly collapsed and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

I now will not take anything for granted..whether it be life or even having this love for feet. I just wanted to share this story with my fellow foot brothers so you can just stop and realize it can all end in a heartbeat.

i agree with you my friend and im sorry about your loss. the same thing happened to my friends mom and she had an upset stomache which turned into her visiting the hospital and then she passed away 1 night later. we all know that death can happen anytime, we just dont expect it. as people we always look forward and never think about if we make tommorrow. people say things like "i wanna have kids when im 30" instead of saying "god willing im alive, i wanna have kids when im 30"
and it doesnt really matter what the cause is, because when its your time its your time. he is in a better place now. hopefully he got to enjoy the time he was alive and had lots of fun.

as i said before your right, we should never let a minute go to waste. you never know what could happen tommorow...

--------------------
A Footographer (since 2001)

https://allmylinks.com/footexhibit
https://allmylinks.com/fetishexhibit

Posts: 630 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veteater
Loyal Member
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veteater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about this. My condolences. My gf and brother died on the same day last month....January 3rd. The gf killed herself and my bro was the result of a street racing accident. I don't take anything for granted. Just waking up the next morning knowing my mom and dad are still alive, my pride and joy Viper is still in my posession, and my pet black mamba is still here means a lot...Life is a very tricky game. You are athletically fit, non-smoker/non-drug user and haven't had a sip of alcohol means nothing; you can die the next day just because. All this being said, I would give up the car, the snake and all my guitars just to have my gf and bro back.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making plans."

bluetoelover, I would like to offer you my genuine sympathy.
To veteater, I cannot begin to comprehend the weight of your loss. I grieve with you.

I am now in a situation where I can look back on my life and ask myself, "What the HELL were you thinking?!?" I did a lot of things, of which only now I appreciate the scope of the peril, that were tantamount to suicidal. I got away with it and have a bunch of joyful memories, as a result.

I routinely drove 400+ miles for a "quick visit", all the while thinking about what I was going to do when I arrived; taking for granted that I would arrive at all, especially at speeds over 120 m.p.h. As a boater, I look back on some of my stunts - while sober - and wonder at my stupidity; I shudder to think of my antics on the water after a few (well, a few more than a few) drinks.

Lets see if I can make my point clearly...I don't live in a dark world fraught with fear. With the benefit of experience, I live life with a kind of knowledge; this is the moment I have and there is no guarantee of the next...better enjoy and make the most of this one.

I don't hop in my car assured that I will arrive at my planned destination. I only know what I'd like to do if I get there.

Things change fast; keep in mind, though, that they can change for the better as well as ill. You are right not to take things for granted but you must not live as though things will all be taken away. That's a form of despair.

Living your life as if there is no tomorrow assures that outcome. Live your life assuming that tomorrow will come while knowing that eventually it won't and that you can't put "eventually" on the calender (and it probably isn't marked on any one you will be using soon).

Finally (thank you readers for sticking with me), I also suspect - at least for myself - that, if tomorrow, I commenced eating a perfect diet, practicing a perfect exercise routine, abstaining from nicotine & liquor, and established a perfect accord with all holy men, I would be run-over by a bus within the week.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toetapper:

Finally (thank you readers for sticking with me), I also suspect - at least for myself - that, if tomorrow, I commenced eating a perfect diet, practicing a perfect exercise routine, abstaining from nicotine & liquor, and established a perfect accord with all holy men, I would be run-over by a bus within the week.

So true!

To die at such a young age at peak physical health without any kind of warning sign like that is a scary thing. Sorry you lost a good pal bluetoelover.

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's untimely death. Indeed, nothing shakes us out of a normal daily routine and taking life for granted more than the untimely death of a friend, especially at a young age.
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elgordode62
All Pro Poster
Member # 25252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elgordode62   Email elgordode62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have my deepest copndolences on the death of your friend. It is no real surprise when an old and out of shape person like myself goes, but the passing of a youthful and healthy person with the world in the palm of his hands is a truly painful thing to see happen.
You and his family are in my prayers.....

Posts: 637 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xxmadisonxx
Elite Trooper
Member # 24593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xxmadisonxx   Email xxmadisonxx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry 4 ur loss hunny x
Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluetoelover
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks again everyone...to know the person that I am talking about all you have to do is visit the group page on Facebook and read the posts of him or even the dicussion group titled "Favorite Rene Memory"
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21742676848&ref=nf

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links