Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Can you get in trouble?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you get in trouble?
Vendetta
Board Regular
Member # 29494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vendetta   Email Vendetta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering If you could get in trouble for taking pics of woman's feet in public with a camera phone?? Anyone do it a lot???
Posts: 34 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vendetta,
Simple answer is... it depends. LOL

You can take the photos in a public place as this is how paparazzi get away with taking the photos of stars. As long as you, the photographer, are on public property (even if the person is on private), the law says you can take whatever photo you want. Once you tread onto private property, this is when things get messy.

This topic came up when I worked for a newspaper. We had a local accident involving a police cruiser and I was taking some photos of the accident scene. No one was hurt, but the police car was up on a snow bank, pretty much on top a sound barrier wall. A police officer threatened to take my camera and told me to stop taking photos. I was not across a police line, so therefore he couldn't, well, isn't supposed to be able to do anything.

Short version, stay off private property and/or from crossing police lines.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, a mall is (sort of) a public place, but, take my word for it, DON'T get caught taking pictures there !!

_fjb_ [Blush]

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
though the hallways of most malls are considered public, it's owned by some person or entity that can call it private, though with open invitation for shopping purposes. malls are super sticky places.

in general, you can shoot anything in public, however... some places have signs that say you can't shoot (and they don't have to be very clearly posted either.. just posted). and if you're caught, you're in big trouble.

bottom line, if you have to shoot in public, don't be part of the scene (i'm assuming you're talking about foot pics).. zoom lense is the way to go.

if you're part of the scene, make sure you're pics are all up and up and legit.. i got stopped by the feds for snapping pics in open public.. because i was withing 3 miles of a court house.. though i had no clue it was there, nor knew what it looked like..and i was also withing 1 mile of a police station.

i co-operated and showed my pics. none had feet or heels in view.. and they thanked me and said i should move along.

non-co-operation was not an option. the show of force made that clear!

so.. shoot away only on public property with proper gear and keep it clean. example... multiple memory cards... one set with clean pics.. one with the feet pics you want. happy shooting.. be safe.. and don't do anything that breaks the law.... feet pics aren't worth the legal hassle

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vendetta:
I was wondering If you could get in trouble for taking pics of woman's feet in public with a camera phone?? Anyone do it a lot???

Oh yes you definitely can, especially if you end up snapping underage girls' feet. In fact, i know of some perverted sleaze-bag photographers who snap sneaky feet pics and they seem real close to getting arrested many times.

Guess it depends on where you do it at though. And usually if you get caught you might get asked why you're snapping those pics.

And if you give the horrified victim or authorities a perverted answer, you better pray they don't stick ya in the news LOL, cuz all the foot fetishists supporting your efforts beforehand will suddenly turn their backs on ya the moment you give us all a bad name, and they will act like they've been pointing the finger at your behaviors all along [Wink]

So basically, my advice is "you can do it", but definitely "BEWARE" of your actions when they can be easily misconstrued as creepy or perverted (which is what I also used to warn other perverted foot photographers working in the "sneaky" niche).

[ September 09, 2008, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Tyler D. ]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cain
The King Of Feet
Member # 8492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cain   Email Cain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bottom line is then my friend:

1. Most importantly do not get caught and
2. Never take underage pics then.

Thank you for watching this instructional video

Oh and by the way never get caught taking pics of feet of lovely ladies with boyfriends/husbands that are bigger than you or armed with deadly weapons.

Have a safe day!!

--------------------

Posts: 9303 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cain, you took the words right out of my mouth. Nevertheless, I'll reiterate: You can't get in trouble if you don't get caught.
Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 26478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footjoyboy   Email footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"all the foot fetishists supporting your efforts beforehand will suddenly turn their backs on ya the moment you give us all a bad name, and they will act like they've been pointing the finger at your behaviors all along"
Comment by Tyler D.

So true; there are weasels everywhere.

_fjb_

--------------------
https://pixady.com/image/0893/

Posts: 5992 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLipsch
All Pro Poster
Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLipsch   Email DLipsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll agree with most of what was said earlier, but I'll repeat some comments I made about a year ago on this topic, with the understanding that the information applies only to the United States:

Legally, it depends where you're doing the filming. If it's in a public place (on the street or a sidewalk, for example) or if you can see it from a public place, it's fair game to tape it, film it, take pictures, whatever. There are certain things you cannot do in some cities or states, such as upskirt photos, but everything else basically is on the table.

Also, remember that a business (such as a shop or a restaurant) is NOT a public place, so there may be entanglements if you're physically on the premises. You can, however, stand on the street and photograph someone who's inside a business.

Q: Can I photograph people at a big event, like a concert or a ball game?
A: If the event is being held on public property, such as a city park or a municipal stadium, then you're fine. The courts have upheld your right to photograph anything you see.

If the event is being held on private property, such as a farm or an amusement park, then you might face some issues if someone of authority (such as the landowner or someone acting on his/her behalf) tells you to stop. But if you're at an event where photos are being taken anyway, who's gonna know? I mean, you're not stalking them or putting your camera lens only three inches away from their feet, right?

In a nutshell, gang, here are the basic legal considerations regarding photography: If the person you are photographing is in a public place, they're fair game. Conversely, if you are in a public place, you may photograph anyone you see from your vantage point, even if they're on private property.

Anything that you can reasonably see while you're in public is fair game -- including someone standing naked in their window, if they're visible from, say, the street. Just remember the word "reasonably" -- you can't, for example, climb a tree or set up a ladder to take pictures. That's a different set of problems entirely.

Also, be absolutely sure you know what a public place is. Contrary to popular belief, businesses and parking lots are not public places. A public place is any facility that's owned by the city, county, state or federal government (such as a road, subway or City Hall). You should be aware that a sidewalk often is NOT a public space. In many cases, landowners are obligated by law to have and maintain a sidewalk on their property and to make it accessible to the public, but it is not technically a public space.

Of course, there are exceptions, particularly regarding harassment (such as "upskirt" photos) and permission for commercial photography (those taken to sell or for business purposes), but those really don't apply here.

Also, if you intend to publish the photos, that opens up another can of worms. But if you're only trying to find out where you can and cannot take pictures, I've given you what you need to know.

That said, I am not an attorney and I don't play one on TV, either, so I am not offering legal advice. But I do professionally know what the law allows in most circumstances. (No, I'm not saying what I do for a living.)

Folks, just use your heads here. Don't make a nuisance of yourselves and don't be blatant about what you're doing and you'll be fine. If someone tells you to stop, then please stop. And if you've created a scene where the police step in, whatever you do, don't go all "First Amendment" on them ... because, as the saying goes, "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride." In other words, you might have the law behind you, but you'll still have to get a judge to agree with you.

You should be aware of your rights, but you should also be equally aware of your responsibilities.

Q: Is is legal to take pictures of people without their consent?
A: In the United States, it's perfectly fine in most circumstances, provided you're in a public place.

Q: Celebrities are a different thing ... I think they have a special law for papperazi to film them to certain degree.
A: Wrong. Celebrity status has nothing to do with what you (or the paparazzi) can and cannot photograph. You might be thinking of how the U.S. courts define a "public figure," but that deals more with what you can legally say or write about them (as opposed to private individuals, where the standards are lower) and not whether you can photograph them.

You can't invade someone's privacy regardless of whether they're a celebrity or a private citizen. In layman's terms, the definition of privacy basically can be summarized as "that which cannot be seen on or from a public space." If you are in a public place, you have no legal expectation of privacy. Again, see my previous note about what is and what isn't a public space.

Q: Pictures of civilians without their knowledge especially for sexual gratification or commercial purposes ... I don't know if that is fully legal.
A: Makes no difference whether you're using the photos to jack off or to line your birdcage ... as long as they're for your private use, you can do whatever you want with them.

You cannot, however, *publish* pictures of someone without their consent, except in very limited circumstances (such as news coverage or for documentary purposes). The courts have held that "publishing" includes the Internet, and you'd have a hard time making a case that posting photos of someone on a sexually oriented forum is a news or documentary context. So be careful if you do that -- blur or crop the face and any other distinguishing characteristics.

But as far as taking pictures goes, you're just fine as long as you follow the "public space" concept.

Cheers,
DL

Posts: 841 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manolojchoo
Loyal Member
Member # 1257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manolojchoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As dicklipschitz mentioned, this topic has been discussed before, at length. And I'll state here what I said before: Why do you want to do this? Why not just risk asking for permission first rather than risk getting caught later? If you were in a public place with your girlfriend, wife, mother, sister, niece, or daughter, and you caught somebody doing this to them, how would you feel about it? How would you react? Me, I'd be pissed as hell, and would deal with it appropriately and quickly.

This is the kind of stuff that makes us look like perverted freaks to the rest of the world. And sometimes rightly so.

Posts: 89 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by manolojchoo:
This is the kind of stuff that makes us look like perverted freaks to the rest of the world. And sometimes rightly so.

Interesting food for thought and very well put.

I don't personally take those kind of sneaky pics, but i must confess I do occasionally masterbate to that kind of stuff [Cry]

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrical
The Legend
Member # 6603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyrical   Email Lyrical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow

--------------------
New Ship but she's got the right name. You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home.

Posts: 4051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maxmillion2
Elite Trooper
Member # 27350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxmillion2   Email Maxmillion2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can if you are on public property, as mentioned. But getting caught is still bad, they may make a scene..
Posts: 270 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MC Nolan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MC Nolan   Email MC Nolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love candid shoe play displays in public places such as food courts and such. It's sad that if a lady agrees to let you tape or photograph them it's never as good. So I just watch and fantasize. Sad fact, but true. [Cry]

--------------------
Matt C. Nolan

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links