Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Taking Pictures - Allowed? Or Not? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Taking Pictures - Allowed? Or Not?
feetness
The Legend
Member # 3546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetness   Author's Homepage   Email feetness   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,

I have been coming across a lot of posts on the net where poeple get either arrested or cautioned for taking pictures of female feet on the streets.
I also have been taking a lot of candid shots of women's feet on trains and parks, and have also approached a lot of females in the last year asking them to pose for pictures.
I am now seriously wondering if these things are actually allowed or not?
I will post one link, where I understand why he got arrested... I mean he was taking pictures of underage girls ->

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/crimenews/1167386.camera_ban_for_foot_fetish_pervert/#commentsform

And that is a big no no of course. But would he also have gotten in trouble if the girl was 18 and complained?

Also, I have posted one little video of a girl that was sleeping on a train and had her feet on show. A huge discussion started with people threateting with leagal action and so on...
Here is the link for the video, and the posts that came up after i posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C7TEl9gAtg

(I just realised that the comments made by "Villageinfo" or something along those lines have disappeared... he was the main one that had a problem with the video!)

So in conclusion, I am just trying to find out what you are actually allowed to do and what not.
Especially now that I am trying to go about setting up my own site maybe, I sure want to stay on the right side of the law.
It would be much appreciated if you could give me your take on this matter!
Your help is much appreciated already!

Feetness [Wink]

[ July 29, 2009, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: feetness ]

--------------------
www.feetness.co.uk - Coming Soon! Hopefully! [Wink]

Posts: 2916 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coedfeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coedfeet   Author's Homepage   Email coedfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something you really have to check for yourself. Read what the laws are regarding public filming in your city/country. Consult a lawyer if you're serious about starting a business.

As a general rule, it's best to always have written consent if you want to make money off people's images.

Disregard the rants of anonymous people on websites who have a problem with it. It's always the same person or small group of "makes us look bad" idiots who complain.

--------------------
www.coedfeet.com
coedfeet clipstore
www.coedkicks.com
Twitter @CoedFeet

Posts: 1160 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are two types of photographers:

The kind that are straight up artist. They tell their subjects up front what is going on. The subject wins because she ends up with good photos for her portfolio and the photographer wins because he's got a great subject.

Then there's the creepy guy with the canon photoshot filming unsuspecting women as they go about their day. Wouldn't you be creeped out if some guy were filming your feet without your permission? Lame right?

Hit up GoodGuyNeighbor from california beach feet. He seems to have a very good balance. The pics are all with the consent of the subject but very impromptu.

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pix I did of Alex on here (do a search to refresh), I told her what the pix were for, as she answered a Craig's List ad. The set was Barefoot in Public. However, I wonder if I could get in trouble for taking the pix, even tho Alex consents, in a public place, like store, parking lot, etc. I think the property manager, etc., could get upset?
Posts: 2458 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetness
The Legend
Member # 3546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetness   Author's Homepage   Email feetness   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feeback on this already guys!
I have to say I am always the type that is open and honest about what the pictures are for.
This of course means I am being turned down over and over again, but in the end it is all worth it, i guess.

I think i will actively go and try and find the laws and rules that restrict me from doing certain things. It is needed especially if I want to do this on a regular basis.

For now I just hope that girls won't get too offended and freaked out and that i wont end up in front of a judge having to explain myself.

Keep posting your views on this matter please. I would love to see what you all think of this.

--------------------

Posts: 2916 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg, i read some of the comments on that youtube vid of the girl sleeping on the train.

there was a couple of comments from a guy who talked about the laws there in britain. i am very glad i don't live there.

Anyway, you can see for yourself how dangerous it can be to tape feet in that country just because of the laws:
quote:
Originally posted by VillageInfo:
Do you know ow stupid you are being?????
On a British Train??? On a South West Train????
The number of people that BTP are arresting for alleged sexual offences - including those less severe than yours is very high.
I suggest that if you want to avoid the sex offenders register, you refrain from your activities and delete all of these files from YouTube.
This is voyeurism which is an offence under the Sexual Offences Act 2003. The police WILL prosecute, and quite rightly.

quote:
Originally posted by VillageInfo:
Voyeurism (section 67): For the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, and knowing that
the other person does not consent to being observed, observing another person engaged in
a private act
Maximum penalty: 2 years

You might want to read sentencing guidelines for voyeurism. The fact that you've posted it on here makes it particularly bad. You'll go to jail if caught mate. Good luck!!!

I can't believe they would place foot fetishists on the sex offenders register just because of this miscontrued law that groups this behavior as invasion of privacy.

What's next? Is britain gonna make laws that police guys' thoughts?!? Foot men BEWARE!!!!

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetness
The Legend
Member # 3546

That is exactly why i started this thread.
I mean i have no idea how sewriously to take this and have since then refrained from taking any candid shots.
Not because this has scared me off, but I am now travelling mostly in rush hour times, and waaaay too many people out there to be doing this.

I get a lot more hype out of actually going up to girls and asking for pictures and telling them the true nature it is for. Like this you also maybe get a chance to meet up again and do it all over.
Also the quality of pictures this way is so much better.

Thanks for posting the coments directly on here Tyler D.
I am just so torn and would love to find out what the actual rules and regulations are.

--------------------

Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by feetness:
I am just so torn and would love to find out what the actual rules and regulations are.

Oh i know exactly what you mean. When i read that it was essentially illegal to conduct voyeurism in britain, i was just sitting there with my jaw dropped. I do hope somebody can research the laws and provide a final assessment of how it works in this regard.

nonetheless the thread topic is an interesting one and it can boil down to various options and even hybrids of options that involve trade-offs for the sake of making it win-win and allowing foot fetishists to still get their jollies.

here's a very simplified version of how i see the options which specifically equate to tactics that I see people using on the net to this day.

option a) be totally upfront and honest. get the model's consent and let her know precisely what it will be used for. drawback - less likely to get all the models you solicit.

option b) be partially upfront and honest. maybe tell them half truths just enough to get them to consent. drawback - less honesty involved

option c) be dishonest but get consent. the only good thing here is that you are getting consent. drawback - there is no honesty

option d) don't even bother asking, just film & wack. drawback - there is neither honesty, nor consent.

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coedfeet
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coedfeet   Author's Homepage   Email coedfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by feetness:

It's right on the web, and this is law the guy was referring to, and of course misquoted it to back his arguement.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2003/ukpga_20030042_en_5#pt1-pb18-l1g67

67 Voyeurism
3) A person commits an offence if—
(a) he records another person (B) doing a private act,
(b) he does so with the intention that he or a third person will, for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, look at an image of B doing the act, and
(c) he knows that B does not consent to his recording the act with that intention.

And the next section is the most important...

68 Voyeurism: interpretation

(1) For the purposes of section 67, a person is doing a private act if the person is in a place which, in the circumstances, would reasonably be expected to provide privacy, and
(a) the person’s genitals, buttocks or breasts are exposed or covered only with underwear,
(b) the person is using a lavatory, or
(c) the person is doing a sexual act that is not of a kind ordinarily done in public.
(2) In section 67, “structure” includes a tent, vehicle or vessel or other temporary or movable structure.

The laws there pretty much mirror the laws here. You break the law once you film someone in a place where they should expect privacy, and are doing private acts (shitting, dressing, fucking, etc.)

You seem to be more concerned with people's opinions about candids than what is actually legal. If thats the case, you should forget about the candids and stick with asking permission and shooting in public places.

--------------------
www.coedfeet.com
coedfeet clipstore
www.coedkicks.com
Twitter @CoedFeet

Posts: 1160 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuckyTeen
Elite Trooper
Member # 30822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuckyTeen   Email LuckyTeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe in candid shots. Candid just basically means filming someone without their consent which can bring serious consequences.

If you are scouting for foot models, make sure she is fully aware of your presence and objective. No crime in that.

--------------------
There is nothing more heavenly than the smell of a female foot ^_^

Picture shows foot worship...mmm.

Posts: 311 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Public property = ok

Private property = need permission

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18258 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Public property = ok

*I believe it's if there's no sound

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to keep it simple, your not suppost to take pictures of anybody w/o consent from them. just don't make yourself noticable.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetness
The Legend
Member # 3546

First of all thank you all for your views on this topic! It has helped me heaps.

Secondly:
quote:
Originally posted by coedfeet:
You seem to be more concerned with people's opinions about candids than what is actually legal. If thats the case, you should forget about the candids and stick with asking permission and shooting in public places.

I can see how you might think that, and sorry for not making myself a little clearer. The only reason I added the topic of candids to this, is because of the comments that were left there for me, especially the one with the sleeping girl on the train.
Like i have mentioned, I have referained completely from taking any sort of candid shots for quite some time now, mainly cause I dont see the appeal in it anymore, but also because of the legal aspect that hides behind it.
(All my youtube videos, are being deleted slowly but surely!)
I am one who actively goes out and asks strangers to pose their feet in front of my cam... and with reading more and more horror stories about what is happening to people "like me", I am quite concerned and just want to make sure that what i am actually doing is right.

Coming back to the first link that I have posted at the top where th guy got arrested for filming some underage girls feet... I mean I completely understand it in this case, but what if a girl I ask all of a sudden feels offended and then starts reporting me... of course, I always explain my intentions clearly and also always state what the pictures will be for. But what if it happens and a girl does complain (it never has so far, and I know I am exaggerating quite a bit). Would that mean just because I have explained things to her, they now don't have the right to arrest me?
What if they say I am causing a nuisance and then take me away for that?

All I am trying to do is stay on teh right side of the law. And coedfeet... Thanks a million for clarifying these laws and regulations again for me.
I will keep on reading up and see where it takes me. For now, I am sticking to being honest and telling people upfront what I am actually after!

Thanks a lot everyone for your input. It really has helped me a lot.

--------------------

jg24fans
Major Player
Member # 18305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jg24fans   Author's Homepage   Email jg24fans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In America i believe it is legal to take photographs and or video as long as the person you are photographing is in a "public" place. I just watched a segment on the news not that long ago were they were discussing this very subject and it is legal in America to take pictures/video's without the person's consent if they are in a public area. Now if you go to the window of their house and shoot something that is illegal. That is how the paparazzi(sp) gets away with shooting all the celebrities and can get right in their face etc.. If you go out in public you lose all your privacy rights. Thats the big debate now about weather or not a woman can breast feed publicly. How long will it be when the above women will be on website's without their consent shown breastfeeding, but if they do it in public they have no recourse.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links