Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Getting A Cold From Smelling Feet? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Getting A Cold From Smelling Feet?
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is always a risk with any kind of sexual act. The question should be "how can I mitigate those risks". And of course alot of that risk management will negativelly impact the amount of pleasure you recieve from the act. i.e. condoms, washing feet(for the smelly guys) ect....

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is that the reason that your gf thought you had a cold? There are about a million and half scenarios that would make more sense than that. How about, did I go outside into cold weather without a scarf, did someone with a cold sneeze in my presence, did I drink from a water fountain, or maybe you happen to get a lot of colds. But I personally believe that you got a cold, because IT HAPPENS.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetiesandtoes
Hall Of Famer
Member # 32674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetiesandtoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, with all due respect, if you all think that you CANNOT get a sinus infection by inhaling TOO MUCH BACTERIA, then you simply haven't researched the topic.

go to google, type in "sinus infection" and read what you find. air pollutants, bacteria, dust and other stuff plug up your mucus membranes, which become unable to drain properly, thus causing an infection.

Come on people

--------------------
Always hopeful for a pretty pair of feet in my face

Posts: 1955 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are about a million and half scenarios that would make more sense than that. How about, did I go outside into cold weather without a scarf
stop. please stop spreading that bit of fiction. you CAN NOT get a cold from cold weather.. with a scarf, without a scarf, with wet hair, etc ad naseum.

quote:
if you all think that you CANNOT get a sinus infection by inhaling TOO MUCH BACTERIA, then you simply haven't researched the topic.
perhaps you need to read a bit more yourself sir. the bacteria that causes sinus infections are NOT found on feet.. unless her feet have come in contact with that bacteria in which she must be shaking hands with her feet, covering her mouth when she sneezes with her feet, or is touching surfaces that have the bateria on it like doorknobs. i highly doubt this is the case. not ALL bacteria causes sinus infections.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeadGoon
All Pro Poster
Member # 24278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeadGoon   Email DeadGoon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... to take an educated guess... I'd say a very very very small chance. A cold is a virus, but one that can survive outside the human body for a certain amount of time. By some odd reason a little could maybe reside on a foot for a while.

But it traditionally infects people in their upper respiratory tract... so there's the main area to worry about contracting it...

Posts: 962 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nusuth:
quote:
There are about a million and half scenarios that would make more sense than that. How about, did I go outside into cold weather without a scarf
stop. please stop spreading that bit of fiction. you CAN NOT get a cold from cold weather.. with a scarf, without a scarf, with wet hair, etc ad naseum.
I am NOT saying you are wrong (like you did to me).

But I have to disagree. Anytime I sleep with the fan on, and it hits my neck, I wake up with a cold. Same thing happens if the AC in the car hits my neck. Sometimes its so bad that I cant even talk right.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
National
The Legend
Member # 8568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for National     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Nusuth. You don't get sick from feeling cold. You get sick because you were standing too close to someone who was sick already. How did that person get sick? Because people get bad luck and the cold decides that it's your turn to suffer. Not because she was freezing from the snow outside. When the conditions are cold you put on the scarfs and sweaters not because you want to prevent yourself from catching a cold. It's simply because you want to stay warm. The reason people get sick during the winter is the same reason why they catch a cold during the summer. In other words, it has little to nothing to do with weather conditions outside.

Getting a cold from feeling cold is as much a myth as developing arthritis from cracking your knuckles.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2501 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootLongSub Zero
The Outcast
Member # 19380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootLongSub Zero   Email FootLongSub Zero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, the guy before you had a cold [Tongue] ... Sorry kidding [Big Grin] ....

--------------------
"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr Emmit L. Brown (Back To The Future)

Posts: 7894 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Getting a cold from feeling cold is as much a myth as developing arthritis from cracking your knuckles.
amen brother.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesibel420
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RPM:

p.s. jesibel, just curious, why can't JOsh lick or kiss your peds until they're clean?

It's not that he can't, he just doesn't really like to if I've been wearing sandals.. it's one thing if they've just come out of socks and shoes, and the only "dirt" that's on them is from the socks, but wearing flip flops or sandals can definitely get feet pretty dirty, and if you think about how much bacteria could be on them, it's a bit of a turn off.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Jesibel...makes perfect sense! (i too feel the same way about sandals and flipflops)

Keyfeet, let me take a moment to addres a point you made.

If i go to bed with my hair wet, i tend to wake up in the morning feeling congested. happens so frequently and predictably that I will stay up the extra 20 or so minutes to make sure my hair is totally dry so that i dont' wake up congested.

why is that? two reasons. one is the placebo affect. i've mentally associated wet hair at bed time with catching a cold. the association is so strong that if i got to bed with wet hair, i wake up congested as if i had a cold, but it clears up as my day start. i just don't like sleeping congested because then i snore, and then my throad hurts in the morning.

second, drop in body temps can add stress to your immune system. and when your immune system is stressed, it's more vulnerable to whatever bug you may already have.. and if the stress is strong enough, you can catch whatever bug you were keeping in control. that is how the concept of catching a cold in cold weather came out.

in fact, in iceland, most tourist over-bundle, and they all feel they got sick from the extreme cold and they always wonder why the locals don't over bundle. the work of trying to keeep cool, and warm and carrying all that extra weight stresses your immune system, and if you're carrying the cold virus at that time, you get sick.

sidebar... the reason why winter is called the cold season, people tend to stay indoors and keep windows shut, so that if one person gets sick, it circulates indoors to more people than in the summer (lots of heating systems in office buildings recycle the air inside). plus, folks tend to stand closer in the cold to keep warmer.

back to what i'm illustrating.... i've gone to bed with wet hair and awakened just fine. because i didn't think about my hair being wet. the power of placebo. i've also gone to bed with dry hair and awakened as if i had a cold... exposure to second hand smoke does the same to me as if i had wet hair going to bed.

i'm not discounting your experience.. but your experience is part of why folks associate a cold with the temp being cold. and that will never go away as long as humans are humans. we make associations to make life better for us and adjust behavios.

my advice, keep that cold air off your neck... because a placebo affect is very very hard to overcome.. and we dont' want you waking up feeling sick!

RPM

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toe Sucker II
Serious Sniffer
Member # 1720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toe Sucker II   Email Toe Sucker II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or maybe....... her feet have been sucked before by another person who had a cold???

--------------------
Sweaty Stinky Cheesey Female Feet is my idea of heaven.

Posts: 3602 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrical
The Legend
Member # 6603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyrical   Email Lyrical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
getting a cold from feet I agree is very hghly unlikely.

--------------------
New Ship but she's got the right name. You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home.

Posts: 4051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave888
Hall Of Famer
Member # 13797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave888   Email Dave888   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been sniffing/licking for years... I get one or two colds a year... average I'd say.
Posts: 1130 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girlgotsole
Major Player
Member # 14405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girlgotsole   Email Girlgotsole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colds are touch/contact viruses. In other words, you'd have to touch an infected individual, getting the virus on you, or a door handle or whatnot that they've touched, then touch an area on you that can go into your blood stream or body (such as rubbing your eyes, picking your nose, whatever).

Now, the FLU virus is different, but also not an issue when it concerns feet. The flu virus spreads via the air and is caught in your lungs (then transferred into your blood stream).

You'll see that neither of these involve feet. So you're totally fine. Might taste a little salty, though. [Wink]

- Girlgotsole

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links