Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Funny online dating exchange on POF

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Funny online dating exchange on POF
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I get an e-mail with the title "curious"

I'm assuming it's the usual girl pickup line..but I get this instead:

...just because I find it absolutely hilarious to think about...
Does, "I'm a sucker for a nice pedicure," translate to, "I have a foot fetish"?

Sorry if that is kind of weird, but when those sort of oddities pop in my mind, I just have to ask.

Whoa!! outed!
I reply:
Definitely not the sort of e-mails I'm used to getting. Hilarious none the less! It translates to "I have a thing for pretty feet". "Foot fetish" is a strong word.

So whats so hilarious about it?

She responds:

Well, I just think that euphemisms are funny. You know, instead of saying, "He died," people prefer to make it sound better by saying, "He's moved on to a better place."
I find it amusing when people substitute certain phrases to cover up what might sound odd, strange, or unpleasant to someone else. I think people need to be more blunt these days.... or maybe I just read too much into things. Who knows :-)

then I responded:

Interesting. OK. Perhaps you got me! Saying I have a "thing" for pretty feet is a euphemism for "I have a foot fetish". I hope you're happy now ;o)

You definitely(didn't spell it with an "a') caught me off guard. Who knew that line was so transparent. Hmmm. I think I'll hire you as my new profile editor.

So do you pick on all the boys you come across on POF?

Pretty random huh?

GQ

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ROYALS22262
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROYALS22262   Email ROYALS22262   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She sounds quite intelligent and interesting! I would love to know more about her, and hear about more conversations/e-mails with her!
Posts: 1914 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POF?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FailureSexual
Hall Of Famer
Member # 15094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FailureSexual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andy-Laa:
POF?

http://www.plentyoffish.com

online dating site

Posts: 2128 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sol
All Pro Poster
Member # 2476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sol   Email Sol   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome message to receive!

It's funny actually, I was chatting to a girl on PoF a few days back and she randomly asked me if I had a foot fetish. I said yes and she just said she knew loads of guys that have one. Meeting her soon - hopefully this means something good!

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Football lover
Hall Of Famer
Member # 16534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Football lover   Email Football lover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
her reply:

I think I'll give myself a nice pat on the back for picking up that one. I'll also have to thank my sociolinguistics professor for teaching me how to read between the lines haha.
I can see why you might want to disguise that, though. A lot of people seem to think foot fetishes are weird. I don't understand it, but whatever tickles your fancy.

I usually only pick on the engineers. They tend to think they are so awesome because they can throw numbers into an equation and come out with an answer, but they have no idea where the equations come from.
I guess you are a special case!

She does seem like a very smart girl. Not sure she's my type but she'd make a good friend. I think the foot fetish thing was just a cute way for her to get my attention....which she certainly did!

--------------------
If she won't indulge your fetish, I bet you that cuter, smarter girl across the bar will. Lets go find out.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skaramunga
Major Player
Member # 11914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skaramunga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn...she cut right through you huh?...oh well!
Posts: 161 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diabolicus
All Pro Poster
Member # 7743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diabolicus   Email Diabolicus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a smart girl. Brains are attractive for me, I'd follow up on her.

--------------------
~Eyes all around you~
~Enter the labyrinth~
~Visions of the hunted~
~Beware the birchmen~

Posts: 584 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GQguy:
She responds:

Well, I just think that euphemisms are funny. You know, instead of saying, "He died," people prefer to make it sound better by saying, "He's moved on to a better place."
I find it amusing when people substitute certain phrases to cover up what might sound odd, strange, or unpleasant to someone else. I think people need to be more blunt these days.

Ironically enough, she's got a valid point that alot of foot men overlook. Many times foot fetishists are so concerned about self-image, that the game becomes more focused on smoke and mirrors than getting to know each other.

A vast majority of the women who I interact with are soothed by the fact that I'm point blank with my intentions. I guess somewhere in the back of their minds, it sends a strong signal that I don't try to hide anything or play games with their trust.

For foot guys, that type of perception can be a positively distinguishing characteristic in a society where women know that others are always trying to walk on eggshells worrying about their self-image.

Saying things to women in such a way (where they don't think you're covering something up) is a powerful tool for any foot man. You'd be surprised how many women tend not to think that I'm some nutjob after I have calmly let them know upfront that I'm a guy with a foot fetish. There's truly nothing to be ashamed of no matter how it is conveyed to the opposite sex.

I know the concept can seem counter-intuitive, but bluntness tends to put women at ease contrary to popular belief. Trust and comfort are key to women and that is why they feel more open around friends and family than with new people.

Blunt honesty will create more rapport for you in a shorter period of time. Give it a try fellas, I bet my life on this train of thought! [Thumbs Up]

[ January 13, 2010, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Tyler D. ]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BODIEFROMTHEWIRE
Board Regular
Member # 4415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BODIEFROMTHEWIRE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely pursue this chick!

--------------------
Knowledge is power...

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links