Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Performing Barefoot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Performing Barefoot
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with women performing shows barefoot? I went out to see a friend's band in the Detroit area and she was up on stage barefoot before the first song. Not like I'm complaining or anything as it helped with the whole view (aside from all the women dancing to their rockin' good tunes). It's just something I've always wondered.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it! I guess it's the "public" nature of doing that that excites me.

[ July 24, 2010, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: dougiezerts ]

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feet lover/chris
The Legend
Member # 2048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feet lover/chris   Author's Homepage   Email feet lover/chris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she was probably trying to be comfortable. most lady singers,guitar players are in heeels or uncomfortable shoes for like 4-6 hrs.plus probably was in heels allday long for her day time job.
Posts: 3236 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A&F_FootDude_05
The King Of Feet
Member # 2999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A&F_FootDude_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MM, I think it makes the singer feel more comfortable onstage. A lot of times they have to wear these heels they are cramped on their foot. That would be my hypothesis. That might explain the behavior of Joss Stone and Shakira among others.

--------------------
If feet are your bottom line, you're gonna get trampled...if women are your bottom line, you're gonna get lovestruck!

~A&F~
Free Image Hosting

Posts: 6117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
octoberbaseball
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for octoberbaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it too. I believe also along with Shakira and joss Stone, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, LIlly Allen, and some others do it. Those are the ones I know. I want Alicia Keys to perform barefoot.
Posts: 2004 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smonster
Major Player
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smonster   Email Smonster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember hearing an interview with Joss Stone, who I thought was the first to do it and she said that she was a free soul and all that jazz, but she also said that it was practical because once she did a show, her heel caught a wire and she fell over.

A - I would have loved to seen that (not trying to be harsh though)
B - THANK GOD for that wire [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Girls, be adventurous with your nail colours - wear my favourites:
Blue, Silver, Black or French [Tongue] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 207 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrical
The Legend
Member # 6603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyrical   Email Lyrical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that most womwn are just comfortable when they are without shoes. not many wear them in the house, so I would agree it is about comfort. We just get the benifit.

--------------------
New Ship but she's got the right name. You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home.

Posts: 4051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uksoleman
Board Regular
Member # 31463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uksoleman   Email uksoleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I keep having a re-occuring dream involving me and Katy Perry's hot hot feet... I hope it carrys on occuring too!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maverick Matrix
All Pro Poster
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maverick Matrix   Email Maverick Matrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mandy Moore is another one who performs barefoot. She claims she can't find a pair of size 10 shoes she likes to wear on stage.
Posts: 649 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shyguyuk
Major Player
Member # 2742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shyguyuk   Email shyguyuk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back in the 18th-19thC the symbolism of a singer performing barefoot denoted vulnerability, maybe there's something expressive about not wearing shoes on stage that allows them to be more themselves; like being at home kind of thing
Posts: 115 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links