Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Feet taboo cultures.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feet taboo cultures.
little5
Elite Trooper
Member # 26188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little5         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In some cultures in the world it is extremely taboo for anyone to show the soles of their feet, point with their feet ect...In these cultures the feet are considered the lowest, filthiest part of the body. This was the why the guy in Iraq threw his shoes at Bush. Throwing shoes or hitting someone with a shoe is seen as showing much more disrespect that hitting them with any other object. The question is this: Are foot fetishes numerous (probably in the closet) in these cultures? Does the extreme taboo aspect of it make it more appealing or is it so taboo that no one would even think of it? Another question is how much of this foot loathing spills over into our culture.

http://goseasia.about.com/od/thaipeopleculture/a/dosanddonts.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/10/obama-phone-photo-seen-as_n_213693.html

http://www.akatoo.com/question.html?question_id=1146536

--------------------
little5

Posts: 329 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty7493         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see a problem here. Enjoy!

http://www.omgsoysauce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/funny-muslim-indian-model.jpg

--------------------
Like my avatar pic? Apparently Imageshack loves female feet too!

Posts: 517 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler D.
The Legend
Member # 11452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler D.   Author's Homepage   Email Tyler D.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by little5:
Throwing shoes or hitting someone with a shoe is seen as showing much more disrespect that hitting them with any other object.

oh god yes, throwing shoes at a person's head is pretty much a universally symbolic form of UTTER disrespect. i totally agree and can understand the rationale behind it.

simple acts of disrespect (unconscious or known) are also why many foot fetishists like feet so much. it is a reknown form of humiliation through association with feet or concepts tied to them.

when a beautiful woman throws her shoe and hits a man directly in the face, this is by no means a gesture of respect or affection on her part. in fact, it is quite the opposite BECAUSE of the fact that the shoe came from her foot.

as foot fetishists, it tends to be us on the receiving end of this figurative shoe throwing when it comes to women and their feet.

just the presentation of their feet alone to our faces shows that the highest part of our bodies (our head) is only worth attention from the lowest part of her body (her feet).

the juxtaposition of these two opposing body parts of a man and a female conveys much higher status to that of the woman.

men are universally attracted to women of higher status than themselves. that is a driving force in mate selection. higher status in a socially driven species such as humans equates to the strong perception of a higher survivability rate, not to mention healthier rearing of offspring.

there is much that i am leaving out due to post size constraints, but that is the primal unconscious jist of the equations.

men like to believe that their women are a catch. the perception of higher status subconsciously validates this. her foot having more value than our faces is a timeless way to demonstrate this dynamic.

while feet may be taboo in certain cultures for reasons of filth and the associations thereof, we must realize that foot fetishism also has deep ties to the same taboos and filthy associations. the difference is that the lowlife tendancies of foot fetishists are based more on real world everyday logic than arbitrary cultural traditions, yet they line up quite congruently in many cases.

it is almost ironic in a sort of way that the free-thinking cultures are more in denial of the realities of feet symbolism than cultures that are more strict with their people. i find it funny that primitive cultures have a clearer vision of feet than some of the more advanced societies.

i think many advanced societies tend to blanket themselves in sedimentary layers of pride, which also obscures their view when valuating certain things that are so pedestrian.

[ September 14, 2010, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Tyler D. ]

--------------------
*** Fetish Webcams *** "And then there's Bub, he makes them food!"

-Tyler D.

Posts: 4487 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footworshipstudios.com
Hall Of Famer
Member # 19350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footworshipstudios.com   Author's Homepage   Email footworshipstudios.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thailand has some of the most anti-feet customs, but also the most beautiful women and perfect feet in the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Thailand

--------------------
Webmaster - Foot Worship Studios Website-Updated 5 days a week!

Foot Worship Studios at Clips4Sale - Buy Individual FWS Clips

-

Posts: 2146 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by footworshipstudios.com:
Thailand has some of the most anti-feet customs, but also the most beautiful women and perfect feet in the world:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Thailand

I have a friend of Thai background who will be posing for me in October. Can't wait!

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike4toes
Board Regular
Member # 1926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike4toes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey friends:
I'm living in Thailand. I have a g/f with super feet and I get lots of foot action. Yes, the foot is generally considered a dirty non sexual object. My g/f said she never heard of foot attraction but says she's happy if it makes me happy. Often times you'll see beautiful women with very neglected feet namely because its last on priorities. I've visited a few foot mistress here too and they say that they never have had a Thai customer. However, the Japanese are definitely an exception among Asian men--many of them are serious foot lovers.
Cool accessory: on occasions when I'm visiting the working girls and looking for feet, I bring an old mp3 player with some FJ vids on it: Tiffany Mynx, Ria, Janet. They all get the idea after viewing pro FJs!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I've seen Thai movies where women's feet were frequently on display.
I would imagine that guys with foot fetishes in these cultures are very definitely in the closet.

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
temp1234
Major Player
Member # 33411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for temp1234   Email temp1234   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See this confuses me.

My girlfriend told me that in either Islam or Hinduism (I forget) I wouldn't have much luck with the ladies because they don't like feet. Yet there is so much foot action in Bollywood (unfortunately usually by men with massive facial hair).

They also seem big on massages and such, and of course they put henna on their feet for ceremonies... so wtf! She could be wrong I guess. I never thought of that xD

Posts: 230 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My take is- if you have a foot fetish, you have a foot fetish- but it must be VERY frustrating not to see feet much in those cultures. And you probably have to look far and wide to find a girl who will let you enjoy her feet and take good care of them.
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike4toes
Board Regular
Member # 1926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike4toes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of misunderstanding. I see much more feet here than anywhere else Ive lived. Its warm to hot all year round so the most common footwear is flipflops. I wouldn't say there is a "taboo" or loathing with regards for feet, but since they are always exposed and the streets can get dirty over here, it's assumed that feet can get pretty dirty in a days time. There is also a common Buddhist regard that the head is most sacred and feet are "least" sacred or important, (but not loathed!) I'm a "curious" foot fetishist so I'm doing my own research. I wonder if there is a correlation with a lack of sexual attraction and constant visual exposure of a bodypart? The Thai girls that Ive foot worshipped all confirm that they never recieved attention from Thai men, only foreigners. Once girls are aware that their feet can be a turn-on they prep and beautify them like anything else.

The best FJs Ive ever received are from my current g/f. Like I said earlier, I show the Tiffany Mynx vid or Ria and they say: "Hmmm thats what you like?" And from then on they are experts!
Pedicures here run about 6 dollars, so it can easily be a twice weekly thing. I take my girl for hot parrafin wax treatment every week which results in super softness. Yum Yum.
Ifvariety is desired, there are many massage shops, some girls with great feet and some nastys too. But you can just pick a nice foot girl and get a FJ for 12 dollars! In bangkok there are SM places that will also do just foot fetish. The FJs Ive received here are awesome since the girls have alot of international clients. So, while Foot fetish may not be customary to the culture, there is a huge influx of foreign tourists that keep foot action going.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links