Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » I think we have a solution (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I think we have a solution
warp
Elite Trooper
Member # 15496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so we are all pretty bummed about FFT right?

So heres a plan.

We need to come up with a polite nice letter expressing our feelings for the site, no swearing, but feel we must be slightly negative about paying monthly.

Someone, whos good with their english needs to write this letter and send it on behalf of the wus foot community.

In this letter we can share ideas with trafficing and get the site a little capital, a donate button, an ad-scheme etc... why not post ideas here that we can put into the letter.

Failing this, remember, there are way more tube sites out there, i use xhamster a lot, maybe that could be the 'new' place to post our vids, heck, why don't we contact the admin for that site, explain our issue and say we are all gonna post our great vids on there! It can't hurt right?! they might even get involved with us!

Im just trying to think of ideas here guys, like there is a great vid on FFT i think its 'jerky girls' about three lovely girls letting this guy lick their feet while he gets a handjob! I loved that video! Infact if anyone has it, let me know ;-)

haha, ok im slightly off topic now, but you catch my drift.

Hey maybe its time for a wusfeettube.com? Maybe if Wus doesn't wanna run it we could have his blessings to use his name and go with it?

C'mon guys lets keep the vids going and sort this issue out!

Thanks!

Posts: 268 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, Warp. Go ahead and draw up all the plans, get this thing going and we'll all follow. [Smile]

All kidding aside, if you feel strongly about it, why ask someone else to do it?

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Lum
Major Player
Member # 34830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Lum   Email The Lum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see peoples issue with the paying for the site. However and feel free to correct me if I am wrong here as I am not 100% but will it not be costing the owners a fair bit of money to host all the content on servers etc? I know they advertised on the site but even so must be a fairly big bill.
Posts: 162 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warp
Elite Trooper
Member # 15496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick, im quite happy to do the job but im not all there when its comes to a good, well written letter and hoping someone is gonna say "hey i proof read stuff... i'll do it!" :-P

The Lum, yup we have all thought this as well, im really not that much of a tech when it comes to servers etc... so maybe yourself or another can tell us more?

Posts: 268 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Lum:
I can see peoples issue with the paying for the site. However and feel free to correct me if I am wrong here as I am not 100% but will it not be costing the owners a fair bit of money to host all the content on servers etc? I know they advertised on the site but even so must be a fairly big bill.

Well FFTUBE runs a derivative of "canned" tube scripts. So when you kick one of these off you only have say 500 visitors a day watching say 3000 videos.

Last time I check FFT's video index is about 39,900 (40,000) and each video gets about 20,000 views. About 50 new videos are added to the site daily. Each anywhere from 1 to 30 minutes long. In .FLV that is 30 to 500 megabytes.

Even a months worth of content at 15,000 video views at an average size of 40mb per video at an average of 30 videos per day for 30 days of transfer (this is their current model, videos older than 15 to 30 days go into paid) it would be

(15,000 x 40Meg x 30 x 30 ) / 1024 = 527435 GB.

The above is a best-case most optimistic setup.

Yes that's half a terabyte of transfer for those who buy hosting at host-gator for 2500GB of transfer.

The site admin may be buying bandwidth at 95th percentile on CIR if he is wise, or he may still be getting nailed at GB/total monthly transfer, like most hosting companies prefer to sell it, I don't know.

I think someone tech savvy with fairly cheap bandwidth could possibly help him out to economize on repeat re-downloads and on how the site procures bandwidth.

Unfortunately a single server can only sustain so many of these downloads simultaneously, so he'd need to have many of them on a similar price-plan.

My estimate for his real world hosting bill is anywhere from $700 to $2000 per month.

[ October 26, 2010, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Goddess Melanie ]

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Lum
Major Player
Member # 34830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Lum   Email The Lum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who here then would be willing to pay $700 a month of their own money to run a website and rely on advertising alone? I am gonna guess not very many.

Don't get my posts wrong I am a fan of the site and enjoyed it very much but I can totally see why they had to change it.

Posts: 162 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warp
Elite Trooper
Member # 15496

Wow Melanie, you sure know your stuff! [Smile]

In that case my thoughts are, nobody carrys on paying $2000 a month with nothing back right? So we can understand why there is a charge.

But i don't for one second believe that enough people have joined as a paying member to justify that price, if it was me i would close it down completely, if it was costing me that much!

Obviously we don't want that to happen. I do just stuggle to think that if anyone has signed up and started paying, first of all, how many have and secondly is it making a difference and bringing the cost down?

goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The larger picture is that it's just a matter of time before FFT's billing processor closes his account for illegally selling copyrighted content that he does not own the rights to.

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
it's just a matter of time before FFT's billing processor closes his account for illegally selling copyrighted content that he does not own the rights to.
bingo.. unless he's using an overseas host.

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy-Laa
The Legend
Member # 31511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy-Laa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"FFT,

We at the community of Wu's (Feet Links) are outraged at the fact that you have taken what was a great, free site and have turned it into a pay-monthly site. The videos are not your own work and we can't see how it can be justified that you make money out of them. A large portion are actually copyrighted material and trailers to feature-length clips. It is illegal to sell this material, and we hope you understand the strong repercussions this could bring. With sites like Youtube managing to make a vast profit from advertising, we can't see how a site with adverts for actual paysites on it will flop. It appears to us to be blatant profiteering and it would be a shame if the whole site had to be taken down due to the (I'm sure) reduced traffic you are receiving.

We are in solidarity that we are boycotting the website until it becomes a non-paysite again.

However if/when you decide to make the site free again, we will give you our word that we will give you as much free advertising as can be reasonably expected.

Please take this advice seriously."

- I don't really use it, but there ya go man, use or don't w/e you want [Smile]

Might work well with a petition of the forum with all the people's names who agree to it.

Oh and if you do send this, try to keep to "our" word of free advertising.

Good luck!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 2808 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warp
Elite Trooper
Member # 15496

sent!

Thanks Andy-Laa

Will post some news of a reply when/if i get one!

Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youtube sells advertising in CPM not in 50/50 subscriber split like most referral programs. Youtube was cash-negative until about 1.5 years ago. So if someone would help the FFT to recoup the bandwidth investment via featured videos from member sites I think all would return to normal. The traffic he gets is highly convertible, I can tell from what I traffic I had from his site.

The other thing he could have done is regular "flushing" of content like craigslist.

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nusuth
The Legend
Member # 7372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nusuth   Author's Homepage   Email nusuth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unfortunately, free advertising will just exacerbate his bandwidth problem [Laugh] what you need to do it commit to clicking his ads, not using an ad blocker, or sign up at one of his affiliate partners.

i have only been to his site once, so i am assuming he has one or all of the above. he could also embed ads at the beginning of all of the streaming videos too if he's not doing that.

quote:
(15,000 x 40Meg x 30 x 30 ) / 1024 = 527435 GB. ... Yes that's half a terabyte of transfer for those who buy hosting at host-gator for 2500GB of transfer.
actually, that's 527 terabytes

--------------------
 -
Follow us on Twitter!

Posts: 4855 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrical
The Legend
Member # 6603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lyrical   Email Lyrical   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. Way over my head

--------------------
New Ship but she's got the right name. You treat her like a lady and she'll always bring you home.

Posts: 4051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bare toe sucker
Member # 37323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bare toe sucker   Author's Homepage   Email bare toe sucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrical:
OK. Way over my head

same here, lol
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links