Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » How do you set up a photoshoot?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you set up a photoshoot?
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty7493         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, I know some of you are professional photographers and have your own websites so my question is geared towards you all.

I have a friend who knows my love for photography and the beauty of pretty female feet. He knows a girl who is willing to have her pictures taken for a fee. I've never met her.

Last week he gave me her email address and I sent her a message asking her if she was available. It took her a few days to reply back and told me she was available. She also asked me "how much are you offering?" which kinda threw me off for a reply [Laugh] .

I don't know what the "going rate" for paying a foot model is. I'm not sure how to proceed from this point with a reply. Don't want to muck things up.

Anyone have any advice?

--------------------
Like my avatar pic? Apparently Imageshack loves female feet too!

Posts: 517 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wildchild
Board Regular
Member # 3733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wildchild   Email wildchild   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, make it worth her time. offer at least 50.00 USD per hour. That is what I pay.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talusole
Loyal Member
Member # 16173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talusole   Email talusole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most important thing is to be very professional with your words and, if you coordinate it, the shoot. Is she aware it's for a fetish shoot? Is she a professional model? Does she have to show her face? What do you plan on doing with the photos? Do you have examples of your work to show her? Theses are some important points to consider before concluding a fee. The "going rate" is really how much you are willing to pay for what you want. I would definitely ask for some sample pics as well. I spent a fortune for my first shoot that produced a few good pics but a tremendous amount of experience and great networking. I hope this helps and good luck!
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty7493         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. She knows she'll be showing off her feet. I don't have plans to distribute the photos online. Consider it a "portfolio builder" as I really don't have a "portfolio"...yet.

Like I said I haven't met her in person yet. She says she's a size 3-4. That's pretty tiny!

--------------------

Posts: 517 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goddess Melanie
Major Player
Member # 40802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goddess Melanie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty7493:
I've never met her.

This is a problem, for your first shoot you should probably meet her. This is your first shoot with a paid foot model, find a way to do a meet and greet first before scheduling anything.

quote:
She also asked me "how much are you offering?" which kinda threw me off for a reply

Unless you have a portfolio via TFP/TCD showing off exemplary work most models will want to be compensated for the fetish content. Pedicures, manicures, make-up and wardrobe in any camera ready stuff costs money and time for the model indirectly, so is lugging a book-bag full of "options". That does not include PMS or bad hair day tax.

quote:
I don't know what the "going rate" for paying a foot model is.
This will depend on the type of content you are shooting for how long and how elaborate, how many wardrobe changes etc... Nude or non-nude, explicit, tease.

Advice, which you've asked for,

Know what you're doing ahead of time, taking a few snaps will not be a "portfolio builder" but a hobby. You're lacking intent. If you're set on doing a barefoot, pretty feet type of a shoot, then set yourself to do just that. Lack of intentional creativity will show in the photographs you shoot, so unless you're photography and lighting skills are om "autopilot" or you're willing to film "throw-away" stuff as you get better, you'll need to re-assess your situation. Most great artists are known for their early works, there is a reason for that, there was drive and clarity of vision in their art for the first moments. Also know and learn what a photographic release and 2257(a) are.

I do not mean to sound critical, but do you have any other portfolio of your work, such as architecture, still life, bugs and flowers or any other type of photography? As this would send you miles forward to show her other shots you've done. At the end of the day girls like to look beautiful in photos, no matter how many shots of her feet you take if she (using myself as an example) does not feel the shot makes her (me)look attractive she (I) will have a problem with it. I know this is biased, girly and personal, but this is how it goes.

So there is a certain selections of photographers who have depicted me in a very flattering way I'll consider doing work with for trade, and other enthusiasts without portfolios will always get the "willingness to pay/amount" question.

[ November 16, 2010, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Goddess Melanie ]

--------------------
http://www.goddessmelanie.com/
http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/11764
http://blog.goddessmelanie.com/

Posts: 168 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Thanks for the advice Melanie. A lot of relevant information there.

Photography is just a hobby of mine. I've never had an opportunity to photograph a "foot model" so it's all new to me. I'm really not interested in putting her feet under the microscope (so to say) but I'm more interested in capturing the subject in interesting sceneries and backgrounds. I'd like to try to add a little artistic flare to things. I have a feeling this may be quite time consuming and costly.

I don't know, that's why I'm asking. Or maybe I should arrange a meeting and take it from there...spur of the moment type stuff. Not sure.

Anyways, we exchanged a couple more emails last night and this would be all new to her too!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links