Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Why are women's feet considered sexy in the mainstream?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why are women's feet considered sexy in the mainstream?
mremeat
Board Regular
Member # 21131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mremeat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even outside of the foot fetish world it's considered acceptable, feminine, and sexy for a woman to bare her feet. All "sexy shoes", in the mainstream sense, are open-toed, strappy, or otherwise bare a lot of the foot.

Womens' feet can get no less dirty and stinky than a man's, but they are still encouraged to show them off constantly and keep them pretty. For men feet are functional, like a jeep or something (apologies to Elaine Benes)

Now, I'm not complaining of course [Smile] . But did you ever wonder how this came about? Is it closet foot fetishists pushing an agenda? Or some other cultural habit? This kinda thing fascinates me.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
combine_hunter
The Legend
Member # 39526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for combine_hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just enjoy the spoils, i.e. commercials where women are barefoot.
Posts: 2828 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by combine_hunter:
I just enjoy the spoils, i.e. commercials where women are barefoot.

Yep. Commercials, TV shows, movies, etc. where women's feet are on display.

I highly doubt feet are considered sexy by the mainstream just yet. If they were, foot fetishism wouldn't have the bad rap that it does now.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toetapper
The King Of Feet
Member # 6473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toetapper   Email Toetapper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't begin to explain the origins. As I've mentioned before, if you look back at the old movies (when nudity was shocking and forbidden), you will see that a woman would be barefoot when the director wished to portray her as vulnerable or sexually available.

In today's advertisements that target women, many of the women are barefoot to portray a woman who is sexy or relaxed and comfortable.

Yes, I'm glad for them, too.

Posts: 5067 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozkar
All Pro Poster
Member # 13264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had posted this a few days ago which is pretty interesting:

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=013017

Posts: 639 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very difficult to explain this rather "two- faced" societal attitude where girls maintain, Bling- out and show of their feet yet no one's supposed to find them sexy or sensual.
I often wonder how many guys were turned on way back in history befores shows when girls were either barefoot or wore crude sandals.

Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dak
Major Player
Member # 2829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect feet have been in our collective erotic consciousness - or SUBconsciousness - for a LONG time. Just look at the history of foot binding in China. That started somewhere around the 10th century, and was popular enough to catch on in a country the size of China.

The foot is not - lets face it - a primarily sexual body part. So, the masses, who do little thinking for themselves, will rarely venture too far from the usual and utilitarian. After all, if you're thinking about sex, think about, and look at/interact with, 'sexual' things. The abdomen has that role covered pretty well. While feet and legs are attractive, and my help tease the eyes of a mate, the simpleton must then take time out during his possible mating time to venture outside the easily identified reproductive regions to enjoy other things, in this case feet. I imagine the thought process here: "Huh, her little toes are so cute... No! T&A! Hurry! I might scare her away! Get r done!"

I believe the foot fetishest is a more independent thinker, and enjoys the more esoteric nature of beauty. After all, as I said earlier, finding a foot attractive might be easy on the subconscious, but identifying that emotion and then acting on it takes effort and exploration.

--------------------
- dak

Posts: 122 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swoopracer
Board Regular
Member # 7620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swoopracer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think feet are considered sexy by the mainstream, unfortunately, if anything they're probably considered unattractive.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dak:
I believe the foot fetishest is a more independent thinker, and enjoys the more esoteric nature of beauty. After all, as I said earlier, finding a foot attractive might be easy on the subconscious, but identifying that emotion and then acting on it takes effort and exploration.

I agree with this 100%. Well said dak!

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its simply just sexy for a woman to be as revealing as possible.

mini shirts
short shorts
tank tops
bikini
lingerie

shoes are no different

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Solelvr 20,020
All Pro Poster
Member # 20632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Solelvr 20,020     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feet are considered sexy because it gives the powers that be a better reason to "cover the girls", with all this peep toe & ballet flats in 90 degree weather crap... Im just glad many females havent fallen for this...

--------------------
I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Posts: 683 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ticklin' Terry
Board Regular
Member # 42500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ticklin' Terry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think feet are considered "sexy" in the mainstream, but I think having a "thing for feet" is becoming much more readily acceptable due to many factors, not the least of which is media today which makes sites like this one totally accessible. Add in the more liberal television and film makers who have been "sprinking in" foot fetish lite (i.e Melrose Place in the 90's, Desperate Housewives in the past few years, Quentin Tarantino flicks etcetera...) plus better grooming standards today in the salon, where even guys get pedicures, and the whole thing sort of becomes more the norm and not a curiosity/oddity.

I for one, know of no woman in my life, not a single girlfriend or my ex-wife, who have thought my lick and tickle foot fetish was odd. Not one. A couple of them became a little foot fetish themselves.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny-D
Loyal Member
Member # 12283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny-D   Author's Homepage   Email Sonny-D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Buffalo, and the girls up here wear sandals and flip flops all year round up here, even during light snow, when there is no logical reason for it.

--------------------
The perfect foot is a rare thing, you could spend your life looking for one and it would not be a wasted life.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny-D
Loyal Member
Member # 12283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny-D   Author's Homepage   Email Sonny-D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not considered sexy in the mainstream...I just left a dating site and the pic accompanying the ad for "Browse facebook girls"

http://pics.plentyoffish.com/ads/1404/339133_1303896684_36255.png

--------------------
The perfect foot is a rare thing, you could spend your life looking for one and it would not be a wasted life.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links