Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » I figured it all out (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I figured it all out
nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

Icon 3 posted      Profile for nj754     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I have amazing insights when I'm sleep deprived. I was eating a hot dog and quite unexpectedly, in a flash of insight, I understood the reason for the foot fetish.

To wit:

Getting sexually aroused is not about body parts per se, it's about achieving a state of mind where you are viscerally aware of a woman's femininity and sexuality (assuming you are a straight guy). Getting off is not about what you're looking at or thinking about on a rational level. Those are just the concrete things that help trigger you to remember what you're supposed to feel like. Getting and maintaining arousal is basically meditation, in that once you've conjured the feeling you have to focus intensely on it until you cum.

Feet or any other body part can't take you there directly. What feet do is remind you of that feminine essence by means of mental associations that were laid down when you were young. So the fetish is purely something that exists in your mind and was learned. In principle, it could be any body part or any thing, but feet make an especially good object for various reasons. There's a whole lot going on with them, which gives them plenty of ways to trigger the right memories and associations to make you horny. The reason that some guys get hooked on feet is simply because, as young children, they found them interesting and they paid attention to them. After watching feet for a while, you start to pick up on the feminine cues in them, and the more time you spend looking, the more you see. So it starts out as a simple curiosity, then progresses into a sexual one.

Guys that aren't into feet must have simply not been curious about them as children, so they didn't look. If you don't look, you never learn to appreciate all that there is to see in them. So it's not that there's something weird about us that makes us like feet. It's that we've cultivated an appreciation for feet, and they haven't. When you study or start touching a girl's feet, it gives you a way to experience her femininity. It's the experience of her femininity that you get off on.

If you read all that, I hope it made sense and was worth something.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanfeet
Board Regular
Member # 42669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanfeet   Email vanfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intriguing hypothesis... Like you, I have questioned "why feet" with great curiosity for many years. I follow what you're saying, there is almost a spiritual component to your theory. However, the question as to why the early fascination-come-association with feet to femininity is unanswered. True, there are feminine elements in feet, but there are feminine elements in other body parts too. So why do feet command special attention? Here's what I think, which is more Darwinian in nature: Foot fetishism is a throwback to our ape-like ancestors. They where evolving into upright human beings, changing from four legged creatures into two legged people. Therefor, the "men" needed to notice "women" with "good feet" in order to ensure offspring capable of effectively walking upright on two legs. To them - as to us - sexy feet were a sign of good genes. Modern man is now influenced by the complex human psychology you mentioned, which causes us to create fetish symbols in our minds. Orgasms with feet in mind then solidify feet as a permanent sex object... and presto, you have a foot fetish.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nj754     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vanfeet:
However, the question as to why the early fascination-come-association with feet to femininity is unanswered. True, there are feminine elements in feet, but there are feminine elements in other body parts too. So why do feet command special attention?

Yeah, I didn't really go into all of the possible reasons that feet become especially captivating, since I figured that it would be redundant to tell guys that can use their imaginations. Here are some reasons:

- You don't get to see them all the time, so when a child gets a rare glimpse, it makes it seem special.

- Feet are particularly interesting to look at. You can only look at a knee for so long before getting bored. Feet move.

- Feet are expressive. You can tell a good amount of what a girl is feeling by watching what she does with her feet.

- There are a lot of lines and curves to admire. It takes a while to take it all in. You can become an aficionado of fine details the way a wine connoisseur picks out subtle differences in wines.

There are any number of reasons you can come up with that it's more interesting to fixate on feet than other body parts.

I'm not sure if I put too much of the emphasis in the wrong place when I explained the theory. The sequence of events could go something like this:

1. Boy becomes curious about feet.

2. Boy experiences first rush of sexual attraction while checking out girl's feet. The fact that he's looking at her feet at this point is purely incidental. The reason he feels horny has nothing specifically to do with feet.

3. Later on when boy sees a girl take off her shoes, it brings back memories of #2 and he gets another rush of sexual attraction.

4. Boy starts associating seeing feet with feeling horny.

5. Boy is now primarily interested in girls' feet, since seeing them stirs up sexual thoughts, and he naturally doesn't want to feel like that around boys.

6. Now when boy starts to feel attracted to a girl, he wants to check out her feet to get even more turned on. Looking at feet never gets boring, because there are so many different kinds to look at.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootBoi88
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good thoughts u guys are sharing, so it can be stated that the attraction to Feet is of childhood, but more rather childhood expirences. I believe my earliest expirence with girls feet was when I was in the 1st grade a lovely old friend of mine named Elizabeth which was a beautiful central American sweetheart who would always kick off her shoes in class exposing her barefeet and outta curiousity I would not stop staring at them that to the point I would purposely hide her shoes so that I may see more of her feet. So it needs to be a childhood expirence I agree with that. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nj754     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FootBoi88:
I believe my earliest expirence with girls feet was when I was in the 1st grade a lovely old friend of mine named Elizabeth which was a beautiful central American sweetheart who would always kick off her shoes in class exposing her barefeet and outta curiousity I would not stop staring at them that to the point I would purposely hide her shoes so that I may see more of her feet.

That sounds pretty much exactly how I envisioned it. It sounds like it started off innocently as curiosity, then turned into something sexual.

Most other theories that I've heard, like van's, presuppose that some people are somehow biologically wired to be made horny by feet. I could never fully buy into that explanation.

nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

The other part of the theory that I didn't really stress is the fact that I consider attraction to feet and attraction to breasts equally arbitrary. They are both psychological, and it works the same way. I've never understood why breasts are considered inherently sexual and feet not. That strikes me as more of an opinion rather than a fact.

[ June 24, 2011, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: nj754 ]

Foot Fetish Artist
Hall Of Famer
Member # 1899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foot Fetish Artist   Author's Homepage   Email Foot Fetish Artist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first girl I really liked as a kid was a neighbor and playmate. She was often barefoot, and I'm sure that affected me in some way.

Either that or I was bitten by a foot fetish model.

--------------------
FootFetishArtist.com

Posts: 1779 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vanfeet
Board Regular
Member # 42669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanfeet   Email vanfeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an enigma that no one has explained definitively. All theories are mostly opinions. We all seem to agree when and how it started, but why seems to vary from person to person. One thing I'm confident about is that it's a combination of biology and psychology, not exclusively one or the other.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aka.footjoyboy
The King Of Feet
Member # 32751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aka.footjoyboy   Email aka.footjoyboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I don't know; but none of this explains smell.

[Confused]

--------------------
Yes, I'm that footjoyboy

-

Posts: 10498 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love2Sniff
Loyal Member
Member # 26799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love2Sniff   Email Love2Sniff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a very good sense of smell and I realized that as a child (merely becaue one told me so).

As a child I associated beauty with a nice smell. I can remember that I was convinced that nice female legs had to smell good. I tried and they didn't smell at all. But I found out feet did smell. I don't remember if it was because feet smelled nice and thus were beautiful or the other way around.

As for the family enviroment: my mother was the only female and I didn't like the smell of her feet.

I found out that one of my fathers female employees feet did smell very nice. Her sister is my girlfriend now (45 years later) and her feet smell soooooo good.

I agree that fetish must originate from your past, but I have no clue about what triggered it. Nice theories, though.

--------------------
No perfume can beat the scent of female feet

Posts: 75 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

quote:
Originally posted by aka.footjoyboy:
Oh, I don't know; but none of this explains smell.

[Confused]

It puts you in a sexual frame of mind by triggering mental associations. It's just like acquiring a taste for scotch. The kink factor probably jump started it.

If the same smell was coming from a sandwich, would you love the sandwich? I'm guessing no. You'd probably throw it out. So the knowledge of the source of the smell plays a role. Hence, it's all psychological.

It's possible that there are pheromones involved, but not proven.

nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

Here's an analogy:

If you see somebody cooking a delicious-looking hamburger on TV, you start to get hungry. It's because seeing the hamburger stirs up memories of what it feels like to eat a hamburger. If you had never eaten a hamburger before, or even tasted beef, you would almost certainly not have the same reaction, because you don't have any memories to call up.

Does the enjoyment of actually eating a hamburger have a biological component? Yes. Is it a biological reaction when you see one on TV? No. It's psychological.

Seeing feet or thinking about female feet triggers memories of feeling turned on, just like seeing food triggers memories of eating. The connection got made sometime in your past when you learned to associate the sight of female feet with a biological reaction to females generally.

The original biological reaction to females wasn't about feet as such, but somehow that reaction to females got strongly tied to contemplating the feminine foot. Just like how you get sort of turned on by seeing a nice hourglass figure.

Probably the reason you get more turned on by feet, than, say, hands, is that you don't always get to see feet. If women wore gloves 90% of the time, I bet there would be a lot of hand fetishists. Especially if most people considered hands a little dirty and nasty, and therefore it felt sort of deviant and kinky to like them.* Actually, I love to admire a nice pair of hands, but they have to be exceptionally nice to hold my attention.

Where does the original biological reaction to females come from, that starts the whole thing rolling? As far as I know, it's still a mystery. If you could figure that out, it would probably go a long way toward explaining why some guys like girls and other guys are gay. No one understands that, either.

* The kink factor probably counts for a lot. If foot fetish wasn't considered even the slightest bit deviant, feet probably wouldn't have such a devoted following.

[ June 24, 2011, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: nj754 ]

Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people obtain foot fetishes the same way anybody starts liking anything. they see feet (often as early as infancy) and they like them. The same people like chocolate milk or ice cream the first time they taste it. or a tv show or movie the first time they see. or a genre of music they enjoy. and everyone has different tastes.

its simply, the first time you experience something you like, you go out on a lifelong quest to rediscover it. and since you see feet at a very early age, there isn't a "is this what ive been missing all these years" moment. you already know what you like.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nj754
Board Regular
Member # 43090

quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
people obtain foot fetishes the same way anybody starts liking anything. they see feet (often as early as infancy) and they like them. The same people like chocolate milk or ice cream the first time they taste it. or a tv show or movie the first time they see. or a genre of music they enjoy. and everyone has different tastes.

That doesn't explain why some people take an instant liking to them and others don't. Everyone likes ice cream.

If you assume that every female body part starts out equal, before you start to choose your favorites, maybe the more puzzling question is why some guys are anti-feet. Why wouldn't you like it all?

dougiezerts
The Legend
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dougiezerts   Email dougiezerts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I often think about why I'm attracted to feet--and I can come up with no answer!
I was curled up on the couch at my mother's feet? Possibly. Don't have any memories of that, though. I do recall thinking to myself that feet were a beautiful female body part, but I honestly don't know how I came to that conclusion.

--------------------
"You have very nice feet!"

Posts: 3711 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links