Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Flip-flops are bad for feet?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flip-flops are bad for feet?
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read this in Yahoo news.

Forgoing sky-high heels and toe-pinching boots for the freedom of flip-flops is giving your feet a much-need break, right? Not exactly. Turns out, your summer shoes aren’t doing you any favors. According to Jordana Szpiro, DPM, a podiatrist and foot surgeon in Boston, “Flip-flops and other unsupportive sandals, which have no arch support and give no structural support to the foot, can lead to stress fractures since your uncushioned feet become strained when they try to support too much weight,” she explains. “Extensor or flexor tendinitis is also a common problem that happens as a result of trying to keep your flip-flips on—the muscles on top or underneath your feet overexert themselves while trying to grip your shoes.” She also advises against walking around shoeless, even if you’re by the pool or in your gym’s locker room. “Aside from not giving your feet any support, going barefoot can also be challenging for those prone to infectious skin diseases such as plantar warts and athlete’s foot, which are easily spread poolside, in pedicure salons and in gyms.” But that doesn't mean you need to spend your summer in closed toe shoes. Dr. Szpiro recommends comfortable sandals that also provide plenty of support, like styles from Fit Flops, OrthoHeel and Mephisto.

Now, as much as I love to see girls out in cheap flip-flops, I'd much rather them keep their feet closed up and healthy and save the flip-flops for in the bedroom.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've been saying this for a long time now. Thankfully, hardly no one listens.

Long live flip-flops and flat [thong] sandals. [Smile]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
octoberbaseball
Hall Of Famer
Member # 20977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for octoberbaseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it's very true. I've heard this before. As for flip flops women aren't giving up on them. Their feet actually make prints to get used to them. Same goes for going barefoot we've heard of the risks at a pool or a locker room. Recently went to a waterpark with a girl she walked around barefoot. As hot as her feet were and as much as I hoped to massage them I knew I wouldn't kiss them unless we got to a bath with water and soap very quickly lol.
Posts: 2004 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbacks1969
Hall Of Famer
Member # 26882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbacks1969   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, im sure glad majority of women still wear them, may be bad for their feet but good for my foot fetish. [Hump]

--------------------
The Oracle told me "SEXY FEMALE FEET MAKE YOU POWERLESS"

Posts: 1378 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fiona McFee
Major Player
Member # 39121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fiona McFee   Author's Homepage   Email Fiona McFee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're not great for feet and can lead to plantar fascitis but that'll just give you a really good reason to give foot massages to your favorite flip-flop wearer.

--------------------
~~Fiona's Footjobs~~~~

-

Posts: 184 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smoking cigarettes is bad for you; eating mcdonalds is bad for you; buying things you can't afford is bad for you; not wearing your seatbelt while in a moving vehicle is bad for you.

see a pattern? you can literally add 100 more things to that list right now.

the point is, this wont stop people (especially sexy women [Drool] ) from wearing what feels comfortable. even though its bad for you, people do it anyway. why? bc they dont care.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talos
Hall Of Famer
Member # 39913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keyfeet:
smoking cigarettes is bad for you; eating mcdonalds is bad for you; buying things you can't afford is bad for you; not wearing your seatbelt while in a moving vehicle is bad for you.

see a pattern? you can literally add 100 more things to that list right now.

the point is, this wont stop people (especially sexy women [Drool] ) from wearing what feels comfortable. even though its bad for you, people do it anyway. why? bc they dont care.

Good point. But what concerns me is that certain footwear will, over time, make a woman's feet unattractive. Particularly fallen arches and bunions. Things that aren't an easy fix.

--------------------
And today we're all brothers
Tonight we're all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feetluvr
The King Of Feet
Member # 1570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feetluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely no question that they're not the most supportive or safe footwear but, as others have noted, fortunately few girls listen.
Posts: 9728 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sayonara
Hall Of Famer
Member # 5497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sayonara   Email sayonara   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sayonara dead,for strong stinky flip flops womens smell... [Cry]
Posts: 1975 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RPM
The King Of Feet
Member # 2895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RPM   Author's Homepage   Email RPM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
minus the no seatbelt rule.......yeah.. folks won't listen to the things about flip flops. thankfully for me, they don't for heels either:D

--------------------
the higher the better the heel.
www.highheeledwomen.phpbbserver.com/

Posts: 6113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would be surprised at how many adults elect to not wear their seatbelt.

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Neptune
Hall Of Famer
Member # 38525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Neptune   Author's Homepage   Email Red Neptune   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motorcycle helmets, too.

They're even trying to repeal the law that requires motorcyclists to wear helmets in Michigan.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1717 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larrrr
Major Player
Member # 42092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larrrr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're great for viewing, but as far as licking their feet after they're worn them all day, no way.
Posts: 206 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links