Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Question for feet photographers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for feet photographers
footsaab
Major Player
Member # 23116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footsaab   Email footsaab   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The photo I have linked below from one of the Wu archives is an example of the best foot photography you can find. See how every detail of the foot is captured including blemishes like hard skin on the soles, (which I love as it gives the foot added character).

My question to the photographers out there is how would you take such a picture ?

In he past I have tried taking indoor shots of feet but for the close ups the camera flash light does not allow that level of detail to be captured.

http://www.wusfeetlinks.com/contribution/klara/20111019/KLR11101908.jpg

Posts: 101 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CDNFootbabes
The Legend
Member # 21192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDNFootbabes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The use of optional back ground lighting works best as it doesn't cause the flash to wash out the object/foot that you are trying to capture. In this pic it looks like the photographer used flash towers that are remotely used with his camera...just a guess!

--------------------
Marcus

Follow on Twitter: @CDNFootBabes
Follow on IG: @cdnftguy

Posts: 4602 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
footsaab
Major Player
Member # 23116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for footsaab   Email footsaab   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks. does background lighting stop the flash from going off?
Posts: 101 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scotty7493
All Pro Poster
Member # 13127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scotty7493         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using a flash with poor indoor lighting usually don't get you the macro results you'd like.

If your camera is on auto and flash enabled the camera will not require the use of the flash if the right exposure is met for the subject.

Sometimes you can use the flash (force it) even if the background lighting is sufficient. It really all depends on the type and mood of photo you're looking to capture.

A lot of times it's really about experimentation. It helps to have a basic idea of camera settings and how lighting in relation to a subject works. The rest is up to you.

Btw, I don't find that particular photo you suggested a great example of this all (not taking away anything from the model).

--------------------
Like my avatar pic? Apparently Imageshack loves female feet too!

Posts: 517 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edelbrock
Elite Trooper
Member # 17055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for edelbrock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The flash burns images. If u don't have professional lights, try draping a white sheet over a regular light. If u want the focus and the definition, nothing will get u that other than a good camera.

--------------------
www.joeysfeetgirls.com
Twitter/IG: @joeysfeetgirls

Posts: 260 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like the linked photo was shot in auto mode.

Needs a slightly faster shutter speed (or steadier hand/tripod/image stabilization) to get rid of the motion blur, and a smaller aperture for more depth of field.

Putting the the camera in charge is never going to yield the best results. The photographer should be the one leading.

Feet are really curvy and difficult to get the entire foot in focus.

Throw away the stock all purpose lens and get something specific and high quality.

Most importantly, read the camera's instructions, and set every single feature manually.

Most any camera can take good pictures in the right hands.

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<-- doesn't use flashes

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possible use of soft boxes as well, either auto or manual mode but it does appear to be blurry. Manual mode is best indoors and out. My indoor settings are F9,ISO 200-400, 1/200 shutter with 2 soft boxes on each side of the set.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18317 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bondo, what's this meter stuff you speak of? LOL... Damn the metric system, we live in the USA where the best measurement, is of course, the foot. LOL

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barefoot_maniac
Major Player
Member # 30965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barefoot_maniac   Author's Homepage   Email barefoot_maniac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of these guys are right. Flash has its place, but you will find using external lighting blows your camera flash out of the water any day.

It took me a while to get the hang of this, and its still a work in progress. Once I got away from using the built in flash, flash shots just seem boring. Don't get me wrong, it has its place sometimes - especially if you lotion up their feet first you get a great shine off the peds [Joint]

My advice: a lot of practice, a lot of trial and error. I am nowhere near the level of GoodGuyNeighbor or Patrick, but I feel I have come a long way.

--------------------
http://www.photosoffeet.com

Posts: 179 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links