Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » CaliforniaBeachFeet 3D Giveaway

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CaliforniaBeachFeet 3D Giveaway
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last Summer I started shooting 3D video in addition to the regular HD videos.

What exactly is 3D? It's 2 HD cameras filming at the same time side by side, one for each eye, just as we naturally see. Basically it looks just like real feet, right in your face.

Some people say 3D is just a passing fad, but this is no gimmick. All Hollywood movies are now shot in 3D. Youtube is 3D. Even the new I-pad is going to have a 3D display.

Soon glasses free 3D displays will also be hitting the markets. For the time being, you either need a 3DTV or a $99 NVidia 3D Vision kit for your Windows 7 computer & 120hz monitor.

One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive a free Nvidia 3D Vision Kit and 60 day subscription to Californiabeachfeet.com, no strings attached.

This ain't your grandfather's 3D, it's way beyond red/blue glasses. The active shutter glasses alternately open and close 120 times/second, allowing you to see both left and right streams of video at the same time,
creating a seamless flow of ultra realistic stereo 3D video right on your home pc. You can literally see the depth and curve of every arch and wrinkle come right out of the screen. It looks so far beyond regular video, it's all I can personally watch now.

Go to the 3D video page if you want to enter for a chance to win.

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arch_Analyst
Elite Trooper
Member # 28756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arch_Analyst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether or not 3D is a just a passing fad has yet to be seen. I'm personally not that impressed by it, at least in the context of full-length feature films. It doesn't make up for bad acting and crappy writing. I did experience a few jump out of your seat moments, which was cool.

I've never watched a foot video in 3D. Maybe doing so would change my perspective.

Anyway, I hope your investment in 3D production pays off handsomely.

If I ever decide to upgrade to a 3D setup, I will check out your stuff.

Posts: 460 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goodguyneighbor   Author's Homepage   Email goodguyneighbor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Active shutter tech is a lot better than a passive movie theater experience. Colors look richer, details are sharper, motion is smoother. It's like 10Xs more realistic than 1080p.

If you've never tried it, you can't really have an opinion. It's one of those must see to appreciate type things.

Anyone can go down to their local tv dealer and try one for free. Now imagine the content being your favorite subject.

It's not for everyone though. According to one experiment, up to 30% of people have very weak depth perception for various reasons. The other 70% like me are absolutely amazed.

3DTV sales went up 500% in 2011. By 2015, it's predicted that 300 million households worldwide will have 3D TV sets. Most new big-screens shipping today have 3D capability.

3D is definitely not going away. Btw, all CBF videos can still be watched in regular HD and even lower resolution.

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baseball Fan
Hall Of Famer
Member # 27313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baseball Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to me this looks like spam. but i dont like 3D, it hurts my eyes, and makes me nausious

--------------------
"Nina, this is my house, you work for me, and I want to suck your toes."
-Big Trouble (2002)

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hyperion
The Legend
Member # 39397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hyperion   Email hyperion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I woke up thinking about this, and I'm too damn lazy to look it up myself... How does glasses-free 3d work? I assume it doesn't use red-blue anaglyphs? So then it must use a diffraction grating? Is it applied as an overlay onto the screen itself?
-hyp
On Edit: GGN is probably the last man here who would spam this place. Bet there's consensus on that.
-hyp

Posts: 3723 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

The glasses have liquid crystal lenses that "shutter", alternately opening and closing the left and right eyes 120 times/sec in sync with your monitor via the wireless infrared usb emitter.

It's pretty simple to set-up, just download a graphics driver & 3D Video player, and plug it in.

The emitter also has a thumb wheel allowing the user to dial up or down the intensity of the 3D depth.

I've never personally felt any eye strain, it's quite comfortable for most people, as it's different than the movie theater experience.

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to give Goodguy credit for trying the new thing each and every time it comes out with the HD and now the 3D. While not everyone enjoys the 3D (I'm mixed on it to be honest), people are spending the money on it, so why not?

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goodguyneighbor
Hall Of Famer
Member # 2824

I remember paying over $3500 for a 50" 1080i plasma monitor back in 2005. At that time, HD was only just barely starting to hit the net.
Many users initially objected to the new HD videos I started producing, being resistant to change their 1990s viewing habits. But the quality was undeniable.
Slowly but surely HD caught on. Now a days, anything that's not HD seems dated. Pretty much everything is shot in HD now. Even cellphones are full HD.

Then in 2010 while looking at a 1080p monitor upgrade, I happened to notice that the first new 3DTVs were out.
I figured it would be gimmicky and lame, but decided to have a look anyway.
Once I put the glasses on however, I was shocked by how good it looked! Everything looked so... REAL
I knew right then that I would have to start filming feet in 3D, but prices were still expensive being first generation models.

Come 2011 however, prices have dropped so far that 3DTVs are being bought all day long by soccer-moms at Costco.
The technology is here right now, more powerful and affordable than ever. Content is growing too.

Video gamers have actually been using the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses since the 90s on old school CRT monitors, so it doesn't necessarily take heavy duty gear or a 3DTV to watch 3D videos on a computer.

In a few years, there won't be any question of HD vs 3D, because all new devices will be 3D capable. Welcome to 2012.

[ February 13, 2012, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: goodguyneighbor ]

--------------------
 -
website
clips

Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All good points Goodguy, but I still won't pay $45 per 3D Blu Ray yet. I know that has nothing to do with your site though. At first when HD movies came out, I waited to see which format won out with the HD (red boxes) vs the Blu Ray (blue boxes) before I bought anything. Once Blu Ray won out, I slowly began buying them because the prices were still high. Now though, unless it is some old TV series, I only buy the Blu Ray. They've finally come down to what the DVDs cost prior. But those 3D Blu Ray discs, they still need to come down in price. Don't want to spend $100 on two movies at Best Buy. So maybe in 2013 I'll be on board. LOL... But I still give you credit for trying what's new out there.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links