Foot Fetish Forum Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Foot Fetish Forum » Foot Fetish Content & Discussion » Foot Fetish Talk » Camera Suggestions & Other Advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Camera Suggestions & Other Advice
Jon24
Loyal Member
Member # 40295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this topic has been made before but I was wondering if anybody has any advice about camera. This summer I have met a lot of women that are interested in foot modeling. Currently I am using my cousin's old camera to take pictures. The problem is that the camera kind of sucks and the pictures are not as impressive compared to most pictures on various foot fetish websites.

I would also like advice regarding how to start a website. I have been thinking about trying to start one for a awhile and I know a girl who models for another site who is willing to help me find models, deal with model release forms, etc.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneagain
Hall Of Famer
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneagain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you want the 'best' for cameras...DSLR's are the way to go.

Lighting is a major factor in mediocre pictures and really pro looking shots.

Don't mean you need to get a bunch of lights, but if you can't get enough natural lighting and not enought 'regular' artificial light, the pictures will have a grainy appearance in the darker shadows, etc.

As for starting a website...well...if you can get the content...the website part is the easiest!

You can hook into the BHE groove and use one of their templates.

Good luck!

Posts: 2341 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screwhead20
All Pro Poster
Member # 16242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for screwhead20   Author's Homepage   Email screwhead20   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canon Powershot S90, S95 series are the best in my opinion. They have the same function as a DSLR camera(manual) and the picture quality are neck and neck. I went the DSLR route but couldn't really maneuver and get the angles down as I did with a compact digital. You can luck up on craigslist and find one for under $250. Well worth the investment if I do say so myself.

As for website I would start with a blog or a social media page like facebook, twitter, flickr, tumblr ect. to showcase your work and see what kind of feedback you get before investing in a website. Best move you can make

[ August 05, 2012, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: screwhead20 ]

--------------------
https://prettypedicures.tumblr.com

https://instagram.com/pretty__pedis/

https://twitter.com/Prettypedis

https://www.facebook.com/BigToeLovers

Posts: 588 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah those point and shoot S90-95's are incredible actually and shoot really good video too. Although, later on you may want to invest in a pro rig...just so you don't show up to photoshoots and look silly with that little thing haha.

--------------------
 -

Join thousands of our fans on Twitter @Norcalfeetdotco

Posts: 18311 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
screwhead20
All Pro Poster
Member # 16242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for screwhead20   Author's Homepage   Email screwhead20   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:
Yeah those point and shoot S90-95's are incredible actually and shoot really good video too. Although, later on you may want to invest in a pro rig...just so you don't show up to photoshoots and look silly with that little thing haha.

It's not about the size of the package, but what's inside the package LOL. Wonder if people still say that

--------------------
https://prettypedicures.tumblr.com

https://instagram.com/pretty__pedis/

https://twitter.com/Prettypedis

https://www.facebook.com/BigToeLovers

Posts: 588 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jediofthefeet
The Legend
Member # 1463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jediofthefeet   Author's Homepage   Email jediofthefeet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, ask yourself what is your goal.
Go from there after you answered your question.

I started out with a Canon Powershot A95, which took unbelievably amazing pictures. Unfortunately, I never really mastered indoor shooting with it.

Don't get caught up in "The Megapixel Myth", as pro photographer Ken Rockwell calls it. You could have a 21MP camera, but if your hands aren't steady, you will get blurry pictures. If you set the white balance incorrectly, you will get pictures with the wrong coloration. If you over or underexpose pictures, they will come out too dark or too light. My first shoots with my Nikon D40 were horrible because I thought having a DSLR was all I needed to shoot great pictures.

My Minolta DSLR film camera gave me better results because I understood film cameras.
My image editor was some utility I had on my computer. I was clueless about compression.

I later got Paint Shop Pro 7 Anniversary Edition, and still use it. Its dubbed, the poor man's photoshop. A friend gave me a cracked version of PhotoShop 2 or 3. It was great, but I preferred Paint Shop.

And for video, I had a StyleCam Pro 1.3 MP camera, which had no audio. It had 8MB internal memory. The biggest card I ever used for it was a 64MB SD card. My videos were super short, but did the job.

Later, I bought a refurbished JVC GR-D33US from refurbdepot.com It shoot very good video, as it was a MiniDV camcorder.

You could have a 3CCD Canon GL2, or a top-name HD camcorder. But if you don't use proper settings, you will get poor results. I once screwed up a super shoot by using a DXG 595V HD camcorder because my white balance was incorrect, and so was my resolution size because I hadn't figured out the settings in advance.

Oh yeah, and I used the zoom button like crazy when I began. Now, I either walk up, or use it minimally. Translation, you not only need a good way to shoot video, but also know how to shoot it. CaliforniaBeachFeet warned me about HD files. He needed a whole new motherboard so he could smoothly cature, edit, and render HD files. So unless your pc or laptop is up to snuff for that, stick to Standard Def.

I used Pinnacle Studio 9 for video editing, and Nero to make DVDs. Later, I later learned to make better DVDs with Pinnacle.

I hosted my site on a free server, and used Paypal as my subscription-billing company.

Later, I moved to BHE after Paypal classified my site as fetish, froze my funds, and prevented me from ever using my designated bank account for any further Paypal activity.

What I'm saying here is you make due with what you have. Make it work for you, and proceed from there.

--------------------
You must do what you feel is right, of course-Obi Wan Kenobi

Posts: 2662 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robotron2084
The Legend
Member # 33263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robotron2084   Email Robotron2084   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jon24:
I know this topic has been made before but I was wondering if anybody has any advice about camera. This summer I have met a lot of women that are interested in foot modeling. Currently I am using my cousin's old camera to take pictures. The problem is that the camera kind of sucks and the pictures are not as impressive compared to most pictures on various foot fetish websites.

I would also like advice regarding how to start a website. I have been thinking about trying to start one for a awhile and I know a girl who models for another site who is willing to help me find models, deal with model release forms, etc.

Jon,

Sound advice from everyone that replied. One final note is to do it your own way...there's way too many copy-cat sites around.

Fly the flag high regardless of what you do! [Thumbs Up]

--------------------
Starkey
F.N.F.G.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fby1k

Posts: 2788 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Administrator
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only had it a week, but I'm loving my new Canon Rebel T3i.

Patrick

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18260 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorcalfeetStudios   Author's Homepage   Email NorcalfeetStudios   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by screwhead20:
quote:
Originally posted by NorcalfeetStudios:

It's not about the size of the package, but what's inside the package LOL. Wonder if people still say that
True when regards to many things BUT cameras lol. The point and shoots are great because they are compact and don't shoot too bad. If they were anywhere near being equal to a DSLR then more pros would be using them frequently but you don't see that for a reason.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 18311 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorcalfeetStudios
Wrinkle Pimp
Member # 732

quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I've only had it a week, but I'm loving my new Canon Rebel T3i.

Patrick

I love the flip out LCD screen on those, pretty handy for shooting feet up in strange positions huh? lol [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Footsie Tootsies
The Legend
Member # 2489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Footsie Tootsies   Author's Homepage   Email Footsie Tootsies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using my Sony H-10 for years and I'm loving it. I used my ex's Canon DSLR on a few shoots, but like mentioned before, it's tough to maneuver and get some angles. 8.1 megapixels of goodness!

--------------------
 -

-

Posts: 4357 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeDaemon
The King Of Feet
Member # 198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeDaemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm using a Nikon P-150 which shoots 16 mp and can film video with audio in 1080p. I have a 16gb card for storage on it. I don't film any clips with it as I use a Sony Handycam that also records directly onto a memory card and it shoots in up to 1080p rez.

I'm a total amateur and have no lighting equipment as of yet so indoor shots usually don't turn out so great compared to the stuff we've been doing out doors as I have to rely on the flash. Have been looking into some lighting recently though. Any of you pros recommend something to use for indoor shoots in that area?

--------------------
LeDaemon's Clips http://www.clips4sale.com/880

Posts: 8216 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Wu's Feet Links